The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Jamie Vardy signs new 3 year deal. Now with the Foxes until 2019

Help with the relegation scrap next year.

Which with the Champions League and second season syndrome, you could well see.

I really do not get why you are so bitter and negative about Leicester I know you may say you are not but it really does come across that way, but I very much doubt they will be in a relegation dogfight next year. There is one flaw in your plan it cannot be second season syndrome when it is their third season ;) but the big factor is money. They have billionaire owners who will invest again and with UCL most likely on offer if the season carries on the way its going they will be able to attract some real quality to their squad.

I really do not get why you are so bitter and negative about Leicester I know you may say you are not but it really does come across that way, but I very much doubt they will be in a relegation dogfight next year. There is one flaw in your plan it cannot be second season syndrome when it is their third season ;) but the big factor is money. They have billionaire owners who will invest again and with UCL most likely on offer if the season carries on the way its going they will be able to attract some real quality to their squad.

Mate, it's not 'bitter and negative.' I tell it how I personally see it.

You had them going down this year. In fact I think you had them rock bottom IIRC. Ergo, you had them as a very average side. Which as a group they are save for one or two very good players. But they're a team in every sense of the word and they've made that work for them. They've done wonderfully well this year. For which I'm killed saying. All the credit in the World goes to them for the league campaign they're still on this season. They've played WELL above themselves and worked their collective bollocks off and it's paid dividends. They've found a way of playing with the ridiculous pace they have on the break and it's been wholly refreshing. Where we disconnect is you've gone from one extreme to the other on them. Relegation candidates to now a potential main stay that can only get better.

They may. Time will tell. But they're just as likely to fall back. All things being equal, next years league won't be as **** poor as this one. And with the added burden of Europe, that may well be another big strain. This is the first year they've experienced this. So yeah, in effect, it's a second season syndrome facing them which many clubs not used to being up there fold under. Clubs will be more prepared for them next year.

We'll see what happens but please don't try make anyone out that shares an opposite view on Leicester as some kind of fool when you've flipped completely through this year on them. It's not 'bitter and negative'. It's a different POV. That's as stupid as me saying you're just a flake as you've flipped your opinion over the year.

Last edited:
Yeah, the second season syndrome is coming big time for Leicester. It's not just the burden of extra fixtures. It's that other teams still don't treat them seriously this season. It will change if they win or make top 4, just like it changed during Liverpool's second season after nearly winning the title under Rodgers. Eventually everybody adapted to tactics based on quick counterattacks and just started playing for a point instead of 3 points. And Leicester has **** all worth of answer against team that doesn't try to beat them.

Yeah, the second season syndrome is coming big time for Leicester. It's not just the burden of extra fixtures. It's that other teams still don't treat them seriously this season. It will change if they win or make top 4, just like it changed during Liverpool's second season after nearly winning the title under Rodgers. Eventually everybody adapted to tactics based on quick counterattacks and just started playing for a point instead of 3 points. And Leicester has **** all worth of answer against team that doesn't try to beat them.

I missed the glaringly obvious there didn't I? The come down we had in 14/15 under Rodgers, even accounting for the loss of Suarez and Sturridge. (Which could well be Mahrez and Kante in Leicester's case.).

Thank's for bringing that one up. ******. Lol.

Mate, it's not 'bitter and negative.' I tell it how I personally see it.

You had them going down this year. In fact I think you had them rock bottom IIRC. Ergo, you had them as a very average side. Which as a group they are save for one or two very good players. But they're a team in every sense of the word and they've made that work for them. They've done wonderfully well this year. For which I'm killed saying. They've played WELL above themselves and worked their collective bollocks off and it's paid dividends. They've found a way of playing with the ridiculous pace they have on the break and it's been wholly refreshing. Where we disconnect is you've gone from one extreme to the other on them. Relegation candidates to now a potential main stay that can only get better.

They may. Time will tell. But they're just as likely to fall back. All things being equal, next years league won't be as **** poor as this one. And with the added burden of Europe, that may well be another big strain. This is the first year they've experienced this. So yeah, in effect, it's a second season syndrome facing them which many clubs not used to being up there fold under. Clubs will be more prepared for them next year.

We'll see what happens but please don't try make anyone out that shares an opposite view on Leicester as some kind of fool when you've flipped completely through this year on them. It's not 'bitter and negative'. It's a different POV. That's as stupid as me saying your just a flake as you've flipped your opinion over the year.

Strawman much???

Please let me put you straight on a few things yes I may have indeed had them rock bottom but it was not on ability, it was moreover to how they dealt with Pearson. They had just completed probably the greatest escape in Premier League history at least, now why I had them going down was because I did not know whether or bringing in Ranieri was the right choice and I thought t my destroy the togetherness that had been created under Pearson. I was worried for them that when they took a hard result they would wilt entirely. It was more to do with the mentality than ability. In fact if Pearson had been I would have had them down as safe mid table. So I hope that I have cleared up my reasoning on that front.

Did I get it wrong? yes massively, but I was not the only one even bookmakers had them down as 5000-1 rank outsiders for the Premier League title, also these so called professional pundits I would garner many had them to go down. So lets not pretend its some kind of blasphemous outcry had them going down. But the difference is I will hold my hand up and say so. I often do when I believe I am wrong. Also opinions can be changed, they are allowed to be dynamic, they can be fluid. Not everything has to be so black and white, I am not saying they have the best team in the league or anything of the sort just that I do not believe they are average and with a few good additions could be a mainstay I the top 6/7 sides and push on where Southampton always fail to do so. What is so hard to believe about that?

They potentially could be a mainstay with the right investment, they need a deeper squad but I think the big thing about Leicester is probably that team spirit is through the roof. Too many signings could well disrupt that so they need not go on a signing spree. Its a balancing act that the tinkerman is going to have his work cut out trying to work out.

I am also not sure where I have called you a fool on having a different opinion to Leicester on me? You posted you think that their average, I do not agree so I called you out on it, just like I did when you posted about Joe Gomez being better than Daley Blind (I won't even get started on that). I just disagree massively that they are average, that is all. But you are trying to make it into something extreme which it isn't but I guess its because you are not keen on me because I always call you out on posts that I perceive as BS. So we have gone from me posting why are you so lemon on Leicester and its turned into my extremist views on them, man you should consider being a spin doctor for the tories but I digress

There is also a selfish reason for wanting Leicester to succeed, I support Leeds a much maligned and laughed club, we are one of the most hated and that's fine. We are currently a laughing stock and its fine I take it on the chin. But if Leicester can get their **** together and march up the league and say **** relegation we are taking that title, then why can't Leeds do it one day and get back to where we belong? It makes me believe it is at least possible and makes me want Leicester to do well and kick on. Because one day my own club may just be able to do the same.

* I would like to add to this that any fan of a so called smaller team should be encouraged by the Leicester situation and that the proverbial apple cart can always be upended.

Last edited:
I don't think you have know what a straw man is.

You've done nothing but pull quotes and mock from your disagreement through the Tuesday game. Forgive me for taking that as you in effect looking on someone as a fool. Which I left but then you felt the need to call me 'bitter' over a differing POV.

Seriously man, you should of left that. That rebuttal just looks real petty.

*Edit* Oh, and please don't flatter yourself by thinking I'm not 'keen on you' through something that get's said by a faceless poster on ambiguous message board that I'm never likely to meet. The screen get's shut down and whatever's said the day is forgotten about.

Last edited:
Wow. All the empty blue seats at City for a top 2 clash.

Big club that they are .....

I don't think you have know what a straw man is.

You've done nothing but pull quotes and mock from your disagreement through the Tuesday game. Forgive me for taking that as you in effect looking on someone as a fool. Which I left but then you felt the need to call me 'bitter' over a differing POV.

Seriously man, you should of left that. That rebuttal just looks real petty.

*Edit* Oh, and please don't flatter yourself by thinking I'm not 'keen on you' through something that get's said by a faceless poster on ambiguous message board that I'm never likely to meet. The screen get's shut down and whatever's said the day is forgotten about.

Whether or not you forget it when the screen is shut down is irrelevant, you will have an opinion on me as a poster on the forum, we all do it whichever way you want to dress it up. I am also not faceless there is a picture of me with Darren Barker in the boxing thread and I am pretty sure I have a face ;)

But whatever man, you have not answered any of my points, and have instead created a different train of thought to deflect from the original one but its cool I should know what to expect by now.

epic, seriously, your being absolutely pathetic now man.

So this is me walking away. Because it's an utterly futile discourse that's doubtless boring everyone else.

Let it go for Petes sake.

giphy.gif

'Spurs on one heck of a run too.

Seriously wouldn't like to put money on anyone to win it. Leicester's momentum just keeps rolling. Tottenham look solid from back to front. City are about to get Kompany back. And Arsenal are still right up there.

epic, seriously, your being absolutely pathetic now man.

So this is me walking away. Because it's an utterly futile discourse that's doubtless boring everyone else.

Let it go for Petes sake.

no, walking away would have been not posting.

I have really tried here to have a reasoned debate, I have tried to explain my point of view as eloquently as my hangover will allow and get called pathetic and petty, then you try and claim some kind of moral high ground I am not even sure how that even works.

you blow my mind

Leicester season so far is just amazing. It`is fun to see the smaller clubs challenge the "big guys". It shows that money is not the most important thing if you want to build and develop a team.

Awwww man, now I want a curry but it is ******* it down outside. Why have you got to do this to me?

Sorry dude lol. If it's any consolation it's home made and I thought it would be a great idea to put a Scotch bonnet chilli in it along with finger chilli's. I could barely eat it so I'll pay the price for it tomorrow lol

Sorry dude lol. If it's any consolation it's home made and I thought it would be a great idea to put a Scotch bonnet chilli in it along with finger chilli's. I could barely eat it so I'll pay the price for it tomorrow lol

I need curry now to you *******

Back