The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
West Ham have signed Lanzini on a permanent deal for 12m euros. Tidy little player and great value at that price, they have made good progress this season after Allardyce made them a stable prem team wonder if they how much more they can improve.

Hate West Ham and their fans (who are still shitbags in the main. Littles changed over the years), but I love Bilic. He's like the Croation Klopp. Honest, passionate and pretty funny with it at times. Just a real likeable fella' yer know? Bet he's absolutely brilliant to play for. The type of guy you want to go out and give everything for on a Saturday. Him still saying he would rather win the FA Cup than finish top 4 because football is all about winning trophies just endears him to me even more.

Be real interesting to see where this all leads for West Ham with the move to the Olympic stadium. (Which should make life easier as regards their aforementioned fans than the shithole that surrounds Upton Park.). If Gold and co get's this right, they could be a serious player going forward the next few years.

Bilic is top guy, should've landed in the Prem long ago. Hopefully he sticks around.

Bored to death on my 14 hour shift so reading some footie news, due to recent rule changes Leicester will be in the top seed pot if they win the premier league avoiding the champions from the other top 7 leagues. I am guessing the other spot goes to the winners. Mad to think they would be the top seeds. I honestly think the way they set up will suit the UCL too.

Bored to death on my 14 hour shift so reading some footie news, due to recent rule changes Leicester will be in the top seed pot if they win the premier league avoiding the champions from the other top 7 leagues. I am guessing the other spot goes to the winners. Mad to think they would be the top seeds. I honestly think the way they set up will suit the UCL too.

Hadn't realised they'd changed the criteria on pot 1 to the domestic winners of the seven highest ranked Country leagues and the holders.

Ta for that. I wish UEFA would leave well enough alone. You NEVER know where you are from one season to the next.

Pots 2 through 4 are still ranked on club coefficients.

Not PL per se, but didn't know where else to put this.

Man .....

CasualUltra.com ‏@CasualUltra_ 6m6 minutes ago
A legend died today, R.I.P. Johan Cruijff #Cruijff pic.twitter.com/izEDg15KKJ

CeUEXtsWwAAwxmR.jpg

68 years young. RIP...

Awwwww man. Still the greatest European player of all time for me. Almost single handedly destroyed Shankly's first great side as a kid 5-1 in Amsterdam. And a man that was WAY ahead of his years in coaching in how he completely revolutionised Ajax, taking it on from even what Michels had done, and Barcelona. So many, LVG, Rijkaard etc etc benefited from his groundwork.

Absolute all time World Legend.

Knew he had cancer. Didn't realise it was so severe and imminent. Real sad loss.

God rest.

Last edited:
Last time he talked about his lung cancer he said it was going well and he felt he was 2-0 ahead at Half Time, but the match wasn't over yet.

Rest in peace, Legend.

Good. Dirty lil' nonce will probably be out in 3, but I doubt any club touches him ever again. Certainly over here.

Maximum reduction of 10% because of how he submitted his pleas, so he will be in for 5 and half years minimum. Whilst that's good, it does show how ****** the justice system is when we've had members of grooming gangs getting away with 3 just because they plead guilty.

Maximum reduction of 10% because of how he submitted his pleas, so he will be in for 5 and half years minimum. Whilst that's good, it does show how ****** the justice system is when we've had members of grooming gangs getting away with 3 just because they plead guilty.

Bloke from the guardian just said "It can now be reported that Adam Johnson was arrested for possessing extreme *********** - ********** - on his laptop last year"

Bloke from the guardian just said "It can now be reported that Adam Johnson was arrested for possessing extreme *********** - ********** - on his laptop last year"

Not just looking at ********** **** without something like TOR in this day and age, but downloading it? Downloading **** in 2016? ****, throw the book at him,

Last edited:

Whatever floats your goat i guess...

Good. Dirty lil' nonce will probably be out in 3, but I doubt any club touches him ever again. Certainly over here.

And thats such a sad situation. He will serve his time yet he cannot go back to a profession he spent his entire live training for. Probably true for most offenders out there and the government wonders why our re-offending rates are so high

And thats such a sad situation. He will serve his time yet he cannot go back to a profession he spent his entire live training for. Probably true for most offenders out there and the government wonders why our re-offending rates are so high

On the plus side if he serves half his sentence for good behaviour, he'll be able to go to her 18th and goose her legally.

Too soon? :P.

Not just looking at ********** **** through without something like TOR in this day and age, but downloading it? Downloading **** in 2016? ****, throw the book at him,

I CAN'T RISK HAVING NO INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN *****! I MUST DOWNLOAD THIS CHICKEN ******* SCENE AT ONCE!!

He can only blame himself for choosing the wrong profession. Should have become a catholic priest.

Johan Cruyff, what a legend, I remember seeing the Cruyff turn for the first time as a teen on the football pitch and just being like what the **** was that, I use to play DM and was doing my full back cover duty and got completely turned inside out. Then being the absolute nerd that I am I had to dig through books, old footage and documentaries to find out more about him.

Absolute legend of a player, if he had been in the modern era would have been even better with the protection players get now, and he will have always left his mark on the game with the Cruyff turn, not a bad manager/coach either, heavily influenced by Rinus Michels from his playing days he had a massive influence in bringing Totahl Voetbal philosophy into the modern era of football.

One of the finest Europe has ever produced but will always be second to Zizou for me because well its Zinedine ************* Zidane.

But alas the football world is a poorer place without him, always interesting to listen too even in his old age.

Last edited:
Back