The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Villa are going to do a Leeds, in fact I think they may well go out the championship next season. I thought they would have just had enough to scrape another season in the prem and when I say scrape I mean 17th. Personally do not think they should have sacked Sherwood, because Remi Garde has managed to make them far worse!

Villa are in serious decline and have been for a number of seasons, they should have gone down last season but Benteke managed to save them and get an escape chit to boot. It will be tough for them definitely next season as there are a fair few good clubs down there who have also been in the Premiership in the last few seasons. I can't see them dropping in to League 1 but they won't be back for a few years.

Failed at Liverpool (last season) landed Inter job with massive pay off from Liverpool.

Failed at Inter and landed better job at Napoli (ignoring Interim job). Also got massive pay off from Inter.

Did on par job at Napoli and landed one of the biggest jobs in the world and then got sacked in 6 months.

He must be the only manager who is rewarded for being poor at his job.

rafa.jpg

I have to say that next season and summer that is coming will be **** interesting. ..... I am only afraid that TV moneys will ruin and spoil things.

I shudder to think how high transfer fees will go. Even at smaller clubs. Clubs may well be breaking their own transfer records all over the place.

It may be well be best to accept it will go nuts before hand and not worry/ react about the ridiculous, OTT fees that may well be paid and just take it as that being the new market.

Think I might well watch this Leicester- Newcastle game.

Can see Newcastle getting at least a point with the Rafa effect.

Congratulations Leicester on moving another step closer. Wasn't pretty but three points is ALL the matters at this stage.

Very unlucky Newcastle to not get something out of that game. Not least when Morgan should of had a penalty awarded against him.

VERY nervy game from Leicester. Is the pressure and realisation that they're SO close starting to bite?

Congratulations Leicester on moving another step closer. Wasn't pretty but three points is ALL the matters at this stage.

Very unlucky Newcastle to not get something out of that game. Not least when Morgan should of had a penalty awarded against him.

VERY nervy game from Leicester. Is the pressure and realisation that they're SO close starting to bite?

Maybe but sign of champion when you don't play well and can still win, Fergie sides done it a lot of the time, great trait to have.

8 games left with 5 points ahead of everyone else, this win surely puts Arsenal and City out of it. So technically should be a two-horse race between them and Spurs.

But Spurs have tricky remaining fixtures in comparison to Leicester, apart from Leicester's last 3 games.

City dropped out realistically after they lost at ours three games ago. Norwich just nailed that home. Yeah, probably the same with Arsenal. Absolute disgrace that both those two aren't the two battling it out given resources and the slips of the other big clubs.

How Wenger can keep his job there after this is beyond me.

Wouldn't be reading too much into the fixtures. EVERY game is tough on the run-in. Even more so when neither side has any experience of this. All about controlling those nerves.

Still wouldn't like to pick the ultimate winner but I make you right it's a two horse race now.

Man City now lost both CB's. As if things can't get any worse

Yup. Great production line from their academy.

Although they do have a massive advantage of where they are in the Country. Nothing else around there big club wise and they have first dibs more often than not on any promising kids the South West.

Toon losing, been shocking defensively. Wijnaldum playing too deep him and shelvey keep getting in each others way. Unsure what the gameplan is from Rafa tbh

Sad to see a talented manager like Remi Garde get completely ****** over by Aston Villa. That club is completely hopeless

Reports that he will be within the next 48 hours

Disgraceful. Even if that doesn't materialise, Learner is a complete and utter disgrace.

I can honestly see that club falling another division. They're a complete shambles.

Villa are absolute gash, I honestly think they will go down again. They will have a fire sale and sell off what few assets they have unless a new buyer is found. Thought Jeff Stelling summed it up great yesterday

West Ham have signed Lanzini on a permanent deal for 12m euros. Tidy little player and great value at that price, they have made good progress this season after Allardyce made them a stable prem team wonder if they how much more they can improve.

Back