The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
What an absolute disgrace Dimitri Payet is.

In an ideal World West Ham would just sit him for the remainder of his contract.

True, shows so bad mentality from player. Maybe something else is going on behind back doors that he doesnt like, offers turned down? The non existing ability to buy someone decent?

And also, West Ham has been a mess of a club, its one club that I cant understand what kind of transfers they want or have in mind about the club itself.

If they lose Payet and Antonio they are going down. Sad that Bryam joined this club and didint stay with Leeds.

aye its bit of a **** thing to do

Surely West Ham have the right not to pay him either? If I refuse to work, I know that I wouldnt get paid for it!

he was already known to have a bad mentality and has been far from a model professional he has tried to drive transfers before and missed training to try and make them happen and fought with teammates on the pitch. It's the reason West Ham got him for a cheap price realative to his abilities

We don't have enough information. There's an important distinction to be made. There's a difference between refusing to play and not wanting to play. The quotes we've seen so far only imply that he didn't want to play. So far it's just media hype and spin. We don't know all the facts. I wouldn't want to play for for West Ham if I were could. Could you really blame him? If he refuses to play then that's an unprofessional breach of contract. Then I would agree with the general sentiment here.

Idk what the idiots at Chelsea were doing. They could have just waited and got a free stadium off the taxpayer.

Last edited:
We don't have enough information. There's an important distinction to be made. There's a difference between refusing to play and not wanting to play. The quotes we've seen so far only imply that he didn't want to play. So far it's just media hype and spin. We don't know all the facts. I wouldn't want to play for for West Ham if I were could. Could you really blame him? If he refuses to play then that's an unprofessional breach of contract. Then I would agree with the general sentiment here.

Apart from the video of his manager flat out saying it of course.

Dimitri Payet does not want to play for West Ham, says Slaven Bilic - BBC Sport

Apart from the video of his manager flat out saying it of course.

Dimitri Payet does not want to play for West Ham, says Slaven Bilic - BBC Sport
"We have said we don't want to sell our best players but Payet does not want to play for us," Bilic said. "We are not going to sell him."

Does not want doesn't mean flat out rejecting. People do things they don't want to all the time. Although it wouldn't be surprising if he did reject playing, we don't have the evidence.

"We have said we don't want to sell our best players but Payet does not want to play for us," Bilic said. "We are not going to sell him."

Does not want doesn't mean flat out rejecting. People do things they don't want to all the time. Although it wouldn't be surprising if he did reject playing, we don't have the evidence.

50 secs in, "he refused to play for us"

Premier League– Verified account ‏@premierleague

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Tom Cleverley leaves Everton on loan for a second spell at @WatfordFC: [url]http://preml.ge/ZgZNaz [/URL]

10:20 am - 12 Jan 2017
86 RETWEETS213 LIKES.

See, that's what I like about Premier League, at least clubs don't shy away from funding their own stadiums.

Here the owners often organize supporters into pressure groups that push the cities into essentially funding stadiums for private enterprise. It's ******* bullshit.

See, that's what I like about Premier League, at least clubs don't shy away from funding their own stadiums.

Here the owners often organize supporters into pressure groups that push the cities into essentially funding stadiums for private enterprise. It's ******* bullshit.
If you need the taxpayer to fund your stadium, it was never economically efficient to build it in the first place.

A UEFA list with Brian Clough and no Bob Paisley. One of only two men to win UEFA's showpiece three times as a coach/ manager.

There endeth much credence in that.

A UEFA list with Brian Clough and no Bob Paisley. One of only two men to win UEFA's showpiece three times as a coach/ manager.

I can only surmise that they have tried to cover all the different styles of play, but yeah in my humble opinion that list is pretty wrong.

or shanks

I can only surmise that they have tried to cover all the different styles of play, but yeah in my humble opinion that list is pretty wrong.

Not sure how I feel about this list agree with 5 maybe 6

Pep Guardiola?
Marcelo Bielsa?
Arsene Wenger?

Back