The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Their squad is terrible. There are players from Liverpool that would even start for them. Iniesta's influence has never been greater. Andre Gomes is nowhere near.
Gomes was a poor buy. So inconsistent at Valencia it was unreal. Talent there no doubt but something just ain't clicking.

FIFA.com– Verified account ‏@FIFAcom

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Congratulations, Claudio Ranieri!Winner of #TheBest FIFA Men's Coach 2016 ?????? [url]http://fifa.to/TheBestLiveBlog [/URL]

10:26 am - 9 Jan 2017
760 RETWEETS431 LIKES.

Gomes was a poor buy. So inconsistent at Valencia it was unreal. Talent there no doubt but something just ain't clicking.

I saw an old match report and I saw that they conceded 20 shots to us at the Camp Nou last year. That's shocking. The cracks have been showing for a while. Enrique as ruined the side. Players such as Alba, Gomes, Rakitic, Vidal, Turan and Alcacer just don't cut it. Madrid have players that don't even make the match squad who are good enough to start for them. Mateo Kovacic would walk into that side.

Joins the growing list of lazy, entitled and not so bright ex-pros who believe they're entitled to a top job. He couldn't even be bothered to do his coaching badges and his only managerial stint led to him relegating Walsall and getting the sack.

when i saw it and it said 8% i could not get my head round it thinking in this day and age how could it be so its like its 1917 not 2017

I think that as a society we have somewhat naively bullshited ourselves into believing that this sort of medieval mentality simply went away.

It never really went anywhere, it just wasn't in the front view for a while.

Na Vidal been better for me this season. Think Inesta influence is waining in that Barca side. Not his fault. Think there recruitment has been poor tbh.

Iniesta has arguably never been more important to Barca. If you watched the last El Classico, the difference between the first hour when Iniesta was on the bench, and when he came onto the pitch for the last half hour, was night and day. He's been world class for years but he always had a world class team around him, and right now many of his team mates aren't at that level.

https://youtu.be/m88ivM2DwJ4

Suprised there are no comments on this awful xenophobic rant from Paul Merson the other day that did the rounds on twitter. Embarrassment.

"I could win the league with olympiakos" no he couldn't they would never vaguely consider hiring him, also love how they say they should get a manager with PL experience before listing Gary rowtlett or some other league 1 or championship manager almost all of whom have exactly 0 PL games as managers between them

Iniesta has arguably never been more important to Barca. If you watched the last El Classico, the difference between the first hour when Iniesta was on the bench, and when he came onto the pitch for the last half hour, was night and day. He's been world class for years but he always had a world class team around him, and right now many of his team mates aren't at that level.
Yeah no doubt he's still class. But can very rarely perform the same levels week in week out for 90 mins. Yes that Barca team is half average compared to years gone by.

Back