The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Just put it away already Scouse. :D

9c39ee1048bbae089b5015c4bcf8cf0d_fishing-pole-vector-clipart-cartoon-fishing-rod-clipart_875-911.png

[TABLE="width: 690"]
[TR="class: even, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Manchester United [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]41[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]20 League Titles, 12 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 3 European Title, 2 FIFA Club WC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]2[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Liverpool [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]41[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]18 League Titles, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 5 European Title, 3 UEFA Cups[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

-------

Lets just end it there. We both have 41, although we'll overtake you this season if we win one trophy, as your not in any to win.

Sunday will be a great day for me to say to Scouse, (if we beat Southampton), good night Liverpool, your not on the perch of being joint top club in England.

Trophy cabinets may be similar, but Liverpool will always be the more prestigious club. They've had Rush and Grobbelaar, and there's nothing more prestigious than men with moustaches.

Trophy cabinets may be similar, but Liverpool will always be the more prestigious club. They've had Rush and Grobbelaar, and there's nothing more prestigious than men with moustaches.

LOL. Go away you. LOL.

It's coming out on Sky Sports News now that the Leicester City players went straight to the Leicester board after they lost to Sevilla, to say they were not happy with Ranieri. I suspect any neutral fans who had an ounce of sympathy for them-including me-now couldn't give a **** what happens to them now.

It's coming out on Sky Sports News now that the Leicester City players went straight to the Leicester board after they lost to Sevilla, to say they were not happy with Ranieri. I suspect any neutral fans who had an ounce of sympathy for them-including me-now couldn't give a **** what happens to them now.

To see some of them already saying who they want as the next manager is incredible.

You're a point outside of the relegation zone. You've just got a fella' who performed an absolute miracle last season in getting your average group of arses to play WELL above yourselves collectively in arguably the biggest upset English football has ever seen to win you a title and bring you massive pay rises none of you could ever of dreamt about, let alone had in any other normal reality, disgracefully sacked.

And you have the absolute gall to be talking about who YOU want to replace him less than 24 hours later?

Modern day footballers. Seriously.

Fecking disgraceful! Hope they get relegated and I will laugh my **** off. Asking for the manager to be sacked or your not happy if he stays. Cnuts!

This Leicester situation beggars belief it really does, really hope they go down now. Ranieri is one of the classiest nicest guys in football and after last season didn't deserve this at all I mean truth be told they're about where they should be especially without Kante

Fecking disgraceful! Hope they get relegated and I will laugh my **** off. Asking for the manager to be sacked or your not happy if he stays. Cnuts!

The balance of power in the modern game has gone WAY too far the other way to the players.

I honestly wonder, if Abramovich had stayed with Mourinho, just how much of a cull would of happened at Chelsea this past summer? Now granted he created a lot of his own problems there last year with his own **** poor attitude toward them the worse things got, but it was an equal absolute disgrace how Chelsea's players just stopped playing for him and subsequently the the club and fans. COMPLETELY inexcusable from a professional player. I VERY much doubt he'd of forgotten that if he'd of been there and those that completely challenged his authority within the dressing room and the structure he runs.

All hypothetical but I bet from Hazard on down, there'd of been a BIG clear out this past summer of the major agitators who turned against him if he'd of stayed. And Abromovich would of known that was a distinct probability. Much easier to sack one man than a load of them.

I'll be cheering for Hull, Palace and Sunderland for the rest of the season ;)

Dcik move by Leicester. Liked them last season, perfect underdog story you see in movies, played out in front of all of us. Never thought i would see something like that in football of today. As much as i still dislike Ranieri for his time at my beloved Valencia and Inter, still felt bad for poor fella after backstabbing from his players, who would be nowhere near where they are today if it wasn't for him.
And if they hire that fraud of a manager called Mancini, whom i hate from the bottom of my heart, i truly hope they get relegated.

I beg to differ what says prestige more than charltons combover

The balance of power in the modern game has gone WAY too far the other way to the players.

I honestly wonder, if Abramovich had stayed with Mourinho, just how much of a cull would of happened at Chelsea this past summer? Now granted he created a lot of his own problems there last year with his own **** poor attitude toward them the worse things got, but it was an equal absolute disgrace how Chelsea's players just stopped playing for him and subsequently the the club and fans. COMPLETELY inexcusable from a professional player. I VERY much doubt he'd of forgotten that if he'd of been there and those that completely challenged his authority within the dressing room and the structure he runs.

All hypothetical but I bet from Hazard on down, there'd of been a BIG clear out this past summer of the major agitators who turned against him if he'd of stayed. And Abromovich would of known that was a distinct probability. Much easier to sack one man than a load of them.

I have to agree with you here. The Chelsea players set a very nasty precedent with what they did to Mourinho. Now every other ******** who thinks he is the second best thing since the coming of Jesus, is gonna do the exact same thing, because hey, it works. I was furious with the players last year. I was behind Mourinho like most of the fans, but first of all I support the club, so that's that.
It's a despicable act, no excuses for it.

Lets be honest here, Ranieri will still only benefit by this, has stock has gone up for what he achieved at Leicester and will ultimately end up getting a better job anyway. With Leicester he was only going to ever be fighting bottom half of table and a losing battle from here on in. In a way, him getting out now is probably the right time.

Sacked Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has responded to his dismissal, saying: "Yesterday my dream died."

He released a statement a day after being fired with 13 games of the current season to go. Leicester are one point off the relegation zone. But last season Ranieri guided the Foxes to the Premier League title - undoubtedly one of the greatest football achievements ever.

Leicester had been 5,000-1 to win. Reacting to his dismissal, he said: "After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the club I love, for always. Sadly, this was not to be."

Ranieri said he wanted to thank his wife Rosanna and his family "for their never-ending support during my time at Leicester". He continued: "Mostly, I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever. Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football. My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved. But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too. No one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will. It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a champion with all of you."

Ranieri has reportedly told those close to him that he was genuinely shocked to be sacked. Many pundits and fellow managers have expressed their disappointment at the decision.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho said: "I thought last season, when I was sacked as a champion, I thought it was a giant negative thing. Now I realise that it was peanuts compared with what happened to Claudio."
Meanwhile, League Managers Association boss Richard Bevan said the sacking "undermines the profession of coaching".

Sky Sports News Claudio Ranieri: Sacked Leicester City boss says his 'dream has died'

Classy as **** :(

Last edited:
Back