The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Be thankful I restrained myself! You start on The Hodges complete ineptness at Anfield and it's like shooting fish in a barrel! I could of gone on for days on his jaw dropping quotes alone!
that was you restraned jesus so who are these assclowns calling for kloop head ******* muppets

that was you restraned jesus so who are these assclowns calling for kloop head ******* muppets

Lol. Oh, typical modern day, no patience, 'what have you done for me lately? I want to win EVERY game NOW!' football 'fans' that spout there ***** from behind a screen or all over social media.

A complete embarrassment when they latch onto your club.

It appears Leicester are holding talks with Roy Hodgson..............

Why do football teams persist in offering jobs to these British dinosaurs?
They are extinct... Put them out to pasture and let them spout nonsense on match of the day.

Absolutely nothing to suggest we're interested like but it appears he's dead set on moving on regardless:

Leeds United left-back Charlie Taylor 'hoping' for summer move to Liverpool - This Is Anfield

Yeah he is gone hasn't been interested these last few weeks. Was hoping with the change if ownership he would resign and the progress we have made, as it was rumoured it was Cellino he didn't like. Personally not sure he is ready to be an elite level full back does have potential though

Yeah he is gone hasn't been interested these last few weeks. Was hoping with the change if ownership he would resign and the progress we have made, as it was rumoured it was Cellino he didn't like. Personally not sure he is ready to be an elite level full back does have potential though

Yeah. Strong, reliable indications are the one young LB we're set on to develop is the Fulham kid. (Who I still need to watch. Everything I read people are raving about him.). Everything went well there January by all accounts between the clubs.

Be very surprised if Taylor's in the mix. Heard nothing on that score.

Yeah. Strong, reliable indications are the one young LB we're set on to develop is the Fulham kid. (Who I still need to watch. Everything I read people are raving about him.). Everything went well there January by all accounts between the clubs.

Watched him play. Has potential but is way too young for first team football at even a mid table premier league team. To say he is raw is an understatement.

I'd be happy for us to sign him but definitely still think we should be going for another left back on top of that. Kieran Tierney wouldn't be a bad shout, looks a talented player with composure on the ball

Sin-bins for yellow-card offences in football could be given the go-ahead as early as next month.

Football's law-making body Ifab will look at the proposal at its annual meeting in London in March.

The measure has been tested in Uefa development competitions and some amateur leagues in recent years.

If approved, sin-bins will come in at youth and amateur levels and could be introduced to the professional game within two to three years.

Other proposals to be discussed at the meeting include allowing national associations more freedom to decide on the number of substitutions in a game.

The move is intended to help the development of the game at lower levels, "by promoting and encouraging more people to take part," the International Football Association Board agenda reads.

There is also a line in the release about "fairness" and that "particular focus will be given to the role of the captain and how her/his responsibilities could be enhanced as part of a move to improve on-field discipline and create better communication between players and match officials".

This is likely to refer to a suggestion by Marco van Basten, the chief technical officer of governing body Fifa, that only the captain should be able to speak to the referee.

Ifab is made up of Fifa and the four British home associations - the FAs of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - and is responsible for making the final decision on law changes.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/3..._the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Sin bins work well in Rugby, i'm doubtful they'll work well in Football.

Sin bins work well in field hockey which is arguably the most similar sport to football. I'd welcome that change because it means there is an actual consequence during that match. For example, taking a foul to prevent an opportunity on goal would then at least give the opposition a chance to take advantage of the yellow card, rather than only future opposition potentially benefiting when the player is suspended.

In addition, I think there would be a reduction in red cards because players would be less willing to take a first yellow as their team would be shorthanded for a period, so they may not feel it is as worthwhile. Less fouls, particularly ones that break down attacking opportunities, can only be a good thing for the game.

And most likely they will add a video referee during the world cup in Russia. After a decisive goal being allowed last weekend in maybe a decisive championship game in the Eredivisie between Feyenoord and PSV where the Hawk-Eye system noted that a goal was made, where no one else could see. And this week the video referee was key in the dutch cup in disallowing a goal, which meant the game went to extra-time and penalties.

It would reduce a lot of pressure on the referees.

I know, the Ranieri thing, but what a frigging 23 months for Leicester City.

Champions of England to European Cup quarter finalists.

Boys own stuff. Fantastic.

It's great for the fans. In the end, it's all that matters.

Back