The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Nah I can't see them fading too badly, if anything, it's to their advantage being out of it in terms of trying to maintain their league position.

Btw, if United were to win the Europa League and NOT finish in the top 4, would we take the 4th placed team's spot? If that's the case, potentially no better than 3rd gets you CL footy.
something like that but we would go into the gruops stage and i think 3rd would go into the playoffs

something like that but we would go into the gruops stage and i think 3rd would go into the playoffs

Makes it interesting. So the top 4 watch our Europa League adventure with interest and a possible element of fearfulness. Scenes if we ended up finishing 6th, 'Pool finish 4th, we win the Europa League and take their CL place XD

If they lose one game and every side between 3rd and 6th wins they fall to 6th not that hard to imagine

You say that like you're a danger of leaving 6th anytime ever this year .....

Anyway, to answer the 4th pace/ Europa League winners question, if Utd were to win the Europe League and finish outside the top 4, there'd be 5 English teams in the competition. They extended it to a maximum of 5 from one Country when they gave the Europa League winners a spot in the Champions League. They've changed the entry again from the season after next where the Europa League winners go straight into the groups, along with all the top 4 English clubs given they'll still be in the top 3 European Nations. But next year it's still just a qualifying place.

Makes it interesting. So the top 4 watch our Europa League adventure with interest and a possible element of fearfulness. Scenes if we ended up finishing 6th, 'Pool finish 4th, we win the Europa League and take their CL place XD

See above.

"There is a man who is calm, respected and has the experience of getting a team out of the hoodoo, his name is Roy Hodgson.". From some bloke on the BBC page

God lord can you imagine If Woy was Leicester's night in shining armour.

"There is a man who is calm, respected and has the experience of getting a team out of the hoodoo, his name is Roy Hodgson.". From some bloke on the BBC page

God lord can you imagine If Woy was Leicester's night in shining armour.

He's high in the betting.

Seriously, when are people gonna' realise that clueless, dickies fuckwit is an absolute fraud of a manager. God, you could right a book of the cringeworthy ***** he came out with at Anfield every time he opened his mouth. He mad David Moyes Football GENIUS! look positively intelligent at Utd.

We already did.... for a few hours.

Well done you! a 16 game unbeaten run and you escaped to 5th for a few hours!

PARTY TIME!

Yeah, I'm being facetious but that's down to nobody seeing you as a serious threat for the top 4 the remainder of this year outside you lads. Next year with more strengthening maybe but there's no real threat that worries anyone this Utd side. As the lack of goals and almost as many draws as wins this run suggest.

With the cup ties and your horrid run-in, the Europa League really is looking your best bet irrespective of the current table for a CL slot. And you've not looked threatening all season there. But anything can happen in knock-out European football so theres as good a chance as anyone left.

*Edit* Soz. That's a lie. Mikihtarian (Sp?) does have the fear factor. But the rest is pretty much 'meh.' Good players but nobody to strike fear into you like previous Utd sides.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm being facetious but that's down to nobody seeing you as a serious threat for the top 4 the remainder of this year

the Europa League really is for best bet irrespective of the current table. And you've not looked threatening all season there.

So let me get this straight, we're not a threat to the top 4 even though we're 2 points off and have the Premier Leagues top goalscorer in Zlatan. Just to remind you, your not in the top 4 either, so pushing your weight when being 5th is pretty silly.

Secondly, we're not a threat in Europa, or going by your words we're not seen as threatening there all season. (Doesn't make sense). Even though we've just walloped a team 4-0 on aggergate and are the highest reputation team left in the competition.

No offence but I think we can tell by you having to say this every day to convince yourself, that we are actually a big threat under Mourinho.

As usually zz, you completely miss the point of anything that's posted. (Or just completely ignore because it doesn't fit your own opinion.).

But have at it man.

As usually zz, you completely miss the point of anything that's posted.

But have at it man.

What was the point of that post? You make a similar one every day and it's the usual dig and 'your not seen threatening'. There is nothing more to your post, don't pretend there is.

What was the point of that post? You make a similar one every day and it's the usual dig and 'your not seen threatening'. There is nothing more to your post, don't pretend there is.

Of course there isn't. Because it doesn't fir your ideal. You don't like to acknowledge anything outside of the here and now. The table says Utd are only 2 points outside the top 4 sos that's all that matters, Regardless of the context of a 16 game run that's not seen you move out of 6th/ seen you draw almost as many games as you've won/ seen you struggle to score and has you looking at the worst run-in of any side around you being as you've only played three top 6 sides this run and only beaten one of them. This is not a Utd side that strikes fear into you. Ferguson's sides did across the board. This one, not so much. Next year, you may well be starting clear favourites if you add that fear as is being widely reported. Right now, not so much.

But you keep telling yourself you're viewed as a serious threat if it helps.

On the plus side back in reality, the biggest plus for United tonight was the best side the competition just crashing out Donestk. That's really opened it up.

I'd rather be 6th and in the cups than 5th and fighting for just top 4. #Justsaying

this could go on for a while so as thay say on dragons den im out

Nah. I'm leaving it there. His only answer is to try flip it round that I'm worried whilst completely ignoring anything that's said so I can't be arsed going at it with him.

He's free to have at it. His clubs cemented 6th place for the past how ever many months does all the talking that there needs to be on the subject.

Scouse you are so sour and bitter over us it's so blaintely obvious, in the last 3 posts on this thread you've literally just repeated yourself on your 'United not threatening' cliche.

If United in some very good form and two points off the top four aren't a threat then I don't see how a Liverpool side with one league win this year can be seen as a threat for it when they are only one point closer

..that's down to nobody seeing you as a serious threat for the top 4 the remainder of this year outside you lads...

And alternatively, I don't think anybody has definitively ruled United out of a top 4 place bar you tbh, not from any other rival fans I've spoke to, any pundits I've listened to (not that it means much, but they're usually keen to jump on the anti United wagon, so it means a tiny bit when they they swallow their pride and back them to push on and possibly even finish 2nd, not that I agree with that high of a ceiling), any articles I've read, or not even from anyone else on this forum.

As for the run in's, it's not the only phase that you gain and lose points. 4 of Liverpool's next 5 fixtures read; Leicester (who could respond), Arsenal, Manchester City & the Merseyside derby, 4 of our 5 next fixtures read; Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, West Brom and Sunderland. If we leapfrog you and possibly Arsenal in this little block of fixtures, then don't be so certain.

The converting of chances hasn't really nerved me much lately, starting to put them away now. 11 goals in our last 5 in all competitions compared to Liverpool's 4. I think the penny has dropped and Mourinho realised that 4-2-3-1 is the way to go in most games, attacking players score goals, goals win games. Mkhitaryan playing off Ibra has added so much more, don't think his 'injury' will keep him out long, if at all.

But you're entitled to your opinion.

If United in some very good form and two points off the top four aren't a threat then I don't see how a Liverpool side with one league win this year can be seen as a threat for it when they are only one point closer

Which is sound. Not going to argue that from that standpoint. Except I wasn't discussing L'pool with him.

But hey, apparently as a fan of the most successful club in England I'm 'sour and bitter' at the second most successful.

I don't even know where to begin with that logic but hey ho. I did tell him to 'have at it.'

Back