The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Can't wait for the season to kick off.
United are definitely going to be stronger than last year, but I can't see past City for the title for some reason.

It certainly won't be a walk over though.

Can't wait for the season to kick off.
United are definitely going to be stronger than last year, but I can't see past City for the title for some reason.

It certainly won't be a walk over though.
MOTD and Soccer Saturday will be having kittens again if they win there first 5 games. Bleating on how they will go the whole season unbeaten. And how Pep has revolutionised Prem and world football ;)

Who would you put your hard earned on TOD?
I have an Acca on City to win, Lukaku top scorer ;), Huddersfield to go down and Villa to win the championship.
€1,800 return on a measly tenner :).

It's good for a laugh.

I don't think Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool have improved enough to be a big threat to the title. (Time for that to change with still a month to go in the window).

City, Chelsea and United for me.

Who would you put your hard earned on TOD?
I have an Acca on City to win, Lukaku top scorer ;), Huddersfield to go down and Villa to win the championship.
€1,800 return on a measly tenner :).

It's good for a laugh.
Wouldnt be far off that tbh. Most probs Kane as top scorer

Wouldnt be far off that tbh. Most probs Kane as top scorer

Yeah, I mulled it over for a bit, but really think Lukaku will benefit from the likes of Mkhitaryan, Martial and dare I say it, Pogba around him.

25 goals and 6 assists last season while at Everton, surely he will do better this season?

Yeah, I mulled it over for a bit, but really think Lukaku will benefit from the likes of Mkhitaryan, Martial and dare I say it, Pogba around him.

25 goals and 6 assists last season while at Everton, surely he will do better this season?
Im tempted lol. Will give it a think and decide who to go with :)

I don't think Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool have improved enough to be a big threat to the title. (Time for that to change with still a month to go in the window).

City, Chelsea and United for me.

We doing the season predictions already or yers wanna' wait until next Thursday/ Friday?

What's even more scandalous is some editor/ sub editor has actually proof read that disgrace from McGovern and STILL thought it prudent to run it

How the standards of the Echo have fallen.

I was wondering what people's views are for the skyrocketing of prices on transfers, salary and agent fees. Why is the inflation going so fast and seemingly random, even outside GB, where the TV-money deals didn't raise that high. And how can this raise be justified?

Anyone has a good article about this?

I was wondering what people's views are for the skyrocketing of prices on transfers, salary and agent fees. Why is the inflation going so fast and seemingly random, even outside GB, where the TV-money deals didn't raise that high. And how can this raise be justified?

Anyone has a good article about this?

Supply and Demand. More money is flowing into the game while the amount of talent stays the same. That is a recipe for increased transfer fee's and for salary and agent fee's it's for the most parts English phenomena, which is starting to creep into mainland bit more. Players and agents see this money flowing in and want their piece of it.

I've seen many decent articles, but not one which would cover it all. Will try to look up if I can find some good ones for you.

It will go on until the bubble bursts.

Supply and Demand. More money is flowing into the game while the amount of talent stays the same. That is a recipe for increased transfer fee's and for salary and agent fee's it's for the most parts English phenomena, which is starting to creep into mainland bit more. Players and agents see this money flowing in and want their piece of it.

I've seen many decent articles, but not one which would cover it all. Will try to look up if I can find some good ones for you.

It will go on until the bubble bursts.

But where is the money coming from? I'd guess a lot is coming from China, since they are taking interest in football since recent years. Do you think this is healthy for the game or should their be a ceiling?

But where is the money coming from? I'd guess a lot is coming from China, since they are taking interest in football since recent years. Do you think this is healthy for the game or should their be a ceiling?
New TV rights deals is where a lot of it comes from

New TV rights deals is where a lot of it comes from

How do Tv companies justify that investment? These are insane amounts of money. Will it be calculated in paychannels? When will people decide they rather pirate their streams than pay for your channel?

Advertisement? What if they notice that the advertisement doesn't give the expected returns, like adds on the internet? There is only this much advertisement you can air around a single game. It doesn't explain the huge inflation on its own.

How do Tv companies justify that investment? These are insane amounts of money. Will it be calculated in paychannels? When will people decide they rather pirate their streams than pay for your channel?

Advertisement? What if they notice that the advertisement doesn't give the expected returns, like adds on the internet? There is only this much advertisement you can air around a single game. It doesn't explain the huge inflation on its own.
Combination of adverts and subscriptions which is still obviously making them money as they were willing to bid far over the existing deal. Combine that with more countries bidding for the TV rights and it means more money for all, they will likely have to find a solution piracy but, with the money the PL makes I'm sure they will have a pretty decent stab as it

La liga officials have rejected an attempt to buy out neymars contract, surely they will get either forced to accepet or given a harsh penalty

Back