The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
I've all 3.. Salah / Mane & Firmino. :D

I'm swaying more towards Coutinho for Firmino but we'll see.

I played around the weekend and liked a Kane/ Morata big two up front and a boss midfield but still to play around with it

As stands- Heaton, Bellerin, Alder, Bertrand, Pogba, Kante, Wanyama, Salah, Lukaku, Kane, Firmino same firmation

I've overhauled it about 4 times so far.. i did have trippier in, vardy/firmino up front, and a few better def/subs etc. but though **** it. have trash subs and get a starting XI and nowt else.

I've overhauled it about 4 times so far.. i did have trippier in, vardy/firmino up front, and a few better def/subs etc. but though **** it. have trash subs and get a starting XI and nowt else.
Done the same lol. Decided for a **** bench and strong 11.

I've got 0 Pool players in oddly enough. Firmino was one of my FF favourites last season, had him in untouched for like 90% of the season as he was categorized as a "midfielder" even though he was Klopp's false 9, it felt like a cheat/glitch XD

But now he's been rightfully categorized as a forward, and upped in price, opted against this year.

Mine so far:

View attachment 86885

You don't want to see the subs, they're a bunch of San Marino and Liechtenstein internationals who are postmen & accountants by trade.

I almost went with

De Gea
Valencia / Bellarin / Cedric
Redmond / Zaha / Townsend / Allen
Kane / Aguero / Lukaku

Anybody else think Lacazzete doesn't seem as fast? He looked really quick in France but not so much in pre season or today!

Probably just playing against a lot better standard of opposition that makes it stand out.

Don't know what to make of that signing. Excellent player but it's a big difference in standard. Wouldn't expect the same output as he had Lyon.

I didn't realize Laca likes to drop back and get involved (ala Zlatan) as much as he does

Probably just playing against a lot better standard of opposition that makes it stand out.

Don't know what to make of that signing. Excellent player but it's a big difference in standard. Wouldn't expect the same output as he had Lyon.
Thought the same when a lot wanted him here in the Prem. Arsenal defo have the most to do to get top 4 this season even with Ozil and Sanchez to come back!

**** it. Chelsea winning.

Arsenal losing keeps them behind L'pool in the Charity Shield ranking which is good.

**** it Chelsea are winning!

Arsenal Fan TV will go into early season meltdown hilarity after if this stands which is fun.

But God **** it Chelsea are winning! :@.

Alonso has been a fantastic signing for Chelsea imo. Very good defensively and going forward and fairly good in the air. Huge improvement from his Bolton days! Don't think Conte will be happy without a few more in yet.

Thought the same when a lot wanted him here in the Prem. Arsenal defo have the most to do to get top 4 this season even with Ozil and Sanchez to come back!

I actually think the opposite and they'll be doubly motivated to not miss out again. I don't think they've enough to win it but I certainly see them as a serious top 4 prospect.

Tottenham look most at risk to me to drop iout the top 4 with the combination of Wembley and no signings/ their squad already weaker. Chelsea should be pulled right back into the pack. They're massively light and an abnormal winning run/ being so injury free isn't likely to happen again. And Utd have improved with Mata giving Mourinho his leader on the field but the rest of the squad and his tendency to revert to type doesn't scare you any more than anyone else. Had you got Morata and not Lukaku I'd be far more concerned. .

There's only City if I'm looking at the other 5 that have significantly improved themselves to think they're the team you need to finish above to have any chance IMHO.

I actually think the opposite and they'll be doubly motivated to not miss out again. I don't think they've enough to win it but I certainly see them as a serious top 4 prospect.

Tottenham look most at risk to me to drop iout the top 4 with the combination of Wembley and no signings/ their squad already weaker. Chelsea should be pulled right back into the pack. They're massively light and an abnormal winning run/ being so injury free isn't likely to happen again. And Utd have improved with Mata giving Mourinho his leader on the field but the rest of the squad and his tendency to revert to type doesn't scare you any more than anyone else. Had you got Morata and not Lukaku I'd be far more concerned. .

There's only City if I'm looking at the other 5 that have significantly improved themselves to think they're the team you need to finish above to have any chance IMHO.
Yeah agree on Spurs! Don't think Arsenal midfield or defence is top four quality imo.

Back