The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Sometimes I wish the PL had more Irish in it.

[video=youtube;CV0t36dyEBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV0t36dyEBk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Will poor old Sunderland ever win a game of footie again?

Really feel for them. Real good, loyal lads up there.

https://www.facebook.com/sportprimus2/videos/646753468843058/

First time ive ever not seen R.Carlos top of the list...

I don't know how anyone can compile a list like that and leave off to name but two some of the Dutch free kicks from the '78 WC or one of a multitude from Johnnie Barnes.

Talking of, that Carlos one Le Tournoi you referenced. Digger's first L'pool home goal was similar against Oxford. There'd been a sewer collapsed under the Kop so the first three were away and the hype was just growing by the game with the stories of how sparkling the footie was in the pre-24 HR Sky era. And he hits this free kick against Oxford the home opener that that started out well wide the post (I used to stand in line the right-hand post looking at the pitch. Which was heaven watching him down the left wing); and then it bent back inside. Alan Judge, who doubtless only you and I remember lol, never moved. One of those you had to be in the ground as I've never seen it on anything since. YouTube. Season videos. Nottin'. You hadn't been away, you knew right there and then we had a World genius and a super special team as that season turned out to be.

Great seeing Hugo Sanhez on that compilation. Used to love him and his handstands Madrid games in Europe on Sportsnight.

Last edited:
I love Beckhams against Chelsea, far corner curling away from goal... was just amazing

I love Beckhams against Chelsea, far corner curling away from goal... was just amazing

They always look the most aesthetically spectacular don't they? FK'***** with the 'wrong foot' back across into the 'wrong corner.'

This has always been one of my favourites around 7:23 in.

[video=youtube;IPYL6Jq1ttc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPYL6Jq1ttc[/video]

That was somewhat the point.

Utd are in the pack just trying to get pack into the top 4 as of now.

Only City look clear of that.

That was somewhat the point.

Utd are in the pack just trying to get pack into the top 4 as of now.

Only City look clear of that.

Trying to guess what starting XI or formation we will have is a ******* nightmare for FF though... :(

Trying to guess what starting XI or formation we will have is a ******* nightmare for FF though... :(

Yeah, I'm fixing to not have Augero for like the first time ever.

I'm only banking on KDB as a consistent regular who has all the weapons ahead of him to have a season like last.

Yeah, I'm fixing to not have Augero for like the first time ever.

I'm only banking on KDB as a consistent regular who has all the weapons ahead of him to have a season like last.

Kun will be #1 till at least xmas, he was bang in form at season end & putting the shift in.

One thing you can tell from this game so far is how much Chelsea will miss Matic when trying to play out from the back. Always available. Don't have that pure sitter infront of the defence either.

Can't wait for the first game after the window's shut at City. That game last year remains one of my all time favourite games of football. Finals, 5-4's et all included. The ridiculous 90-minute mad pace and constant attacking ability on show was just a purists wet dream watch. The fact it was only 1-1 was criminal to the awesome game of football that brought that about.

Just hope the wank half 12 KO doesn't have an effect this year and we have another exhilarating 90 minutes of pure Guardiola/ Klopp footie.

Back