The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Feel sorry for Salomon Rondon. Poor ******* is in bits after the tackle which broke James McCarthy's leg. Pardew really needs to have a word with the lad and try to make sure he doesn't blame himself. These things happen in football. Pards needs to try to keep his head in check. Wasn't the lads fault.

Marco Silva has been sacked by Watford

What a stupid decision, hope they go down now. They are still in ****** 10th and their recent form isn't even that bad considering they were in a bit of a slump.

Never gotten the hype with Silva at all. Starts out great on the new manager bounce. Quickly flatters to deceive and his sides spiral.

That said, Watford and their turnover of managers is beyond bat S crazy. How they ever expect to get stability, let alone progress, with this reactionary model is beyond me.

LOVE the League-wide tribute to Regis this round of games BTW.

Right and proper that his wide-reaching contribution to the game and subsequent black players that followed him should be recognised.

Props to the PL for doing the right thing for once.

Very difficult to be a purist coach at smaller clubs. You'll go through a lot of mucky patches, where a big Sam or Dyche would grind draws, Marco's naivety (or belief in what he does, as you say Scouse) loses him games. Have no doubt he'll land a big job some day. Young, charismatic, good football, and will no doubt be learning from these mistakes.

Mental decision is an understatement, but that's football these days. Done being surprised since Ranieri.

Tenth in the league, ahead of Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham and Stoke... Lets sack the f***ing manager.

Gobshites.

I wonder how long before Southampton make it a crazy mad 9 PL managers binned this year?

Now that club is in one wholly mess under Pellegrino with little sign of them, bizarrely (unless they don't trust him which makes it even madder), reinvesting the van Dijk money which desperately needs reinvesting.

Very difficult to be a purist coach at smaller clubs. You'll go through a lot of mucky patches, where a big Sam or Dyche would grind draws, Marco's naivety (or belief in what he does, as you say Scouse) loses him games. Have no doubt he'll land a big job some day. Young, charismatic, good football, and will no doubt be learning from these mistakes. ..... .

I wonder, ala Rodgers, if he's best suited to being a coach/ teacher rather than it falling down when he has all the extra responsibility the full gig brings?

Celtic aside given the terribly shocking standard of the SPL, Brendan's a real top, innovative coach who must be a joy to come in and work under every day. And there's a lot to admire in Silva's similar principles as you note. But he's not suited at all to running a football club in the major spotlight like down South.

I wonder if that's more Silva's ideal calling? The problem being, naturally, when you've had a taste of the main job, it's hard to swallow your pride and step back.

What a stupid decision, hope they go down now. They are still in ****** 10th and their recent form isn't even that bad considering they were in a bit of a slump.

Apparently once we made the illegal approach for him he completely lost his focus. Tbh I wasn't that keen on him so don't know why we made the approach in the first place. There's more seasoned managers out there worth taking a punt on. But there you go. Hopefully Watford get someone quick

Apparently Javi Garcia is already in London to sign a contract to take over at Watford

Who in the wide World of Sports is Javi Garcia?

skysports-paul-merson-debate-the-live_4082338.jpg

Gracia finished 9th with Rubin Kazan in the Russian PL after 9th and 10th place finishes with Malaga and then a lot of smaller clubs before that in Spain and Greece

Javi Gracia confirmed as new Watford manager. 18 month contract

Back