The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
That totally makes sense. Keep supporting them, keep buying tickets, merchandise, etc. That will make Ashley to go away from Newcastle for sure.

Riyad Mahrez not at Leicester training after Man City move fails to progress
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...raining-after-man-city-move-fails-to-progress
Mahrez put in another transfer request in the days running up to Deadline Day, and was not at training on Friday last week, meaning he was not part of the Leicester squad for Wednesday's 2-1 defeat at Everton.

Sky Sports News was told on Deadline Day that Mahrez had been left "depressed" by Leicester's decision not to accept City's final offer for him.

Mahrez is understood to have told Leicester his emotional state is not strong enough to play football In the near future.

Real risky play this from Leicester.

Turning down the request last summer was one thing but when it's happened again, and there's dressing room unrest, to make him stay could destabilise the rest of their season.

Good on Leicester for not bowing to player whims. Why should they sell him when they have him in a legally binding contract . Although if he carries on being a grumpy sod and refusing to play/train until he gets what he wants he isn't fulfilling his side of the contract he signed. Maybe if he had not gone AWOL and been sensible Leicester would have taken the money but now they hold all the cards so to speak until the end of the season. If he doesn't play/train it's his loss as ToD points out they are safe from relegation, ok it may harm the league position (and the size of the prize money they get) but why sell when they can't spend the money until the summer.

Good on Leicester for not bowing to player whims. Why should they sell him when they have him in a legally binding contract . Although if he carries on being a grumpy sod and refusing to play/train until he gets what he wants he isn't fulfilling his side of the contract he signed. Maybe if he had not gone AWOL and been sensible Leicester would have taken the money but now they hold all the cards so to speak until the end of the season. If he doesn't play/train it's his loss as ToD points out they are safe from relegation, ok it may harm the league position (and the size of the prize money they get) but why sell when they can't spend the money until the summer.

I don't think you fully appreciate just how integral to pretty much everything at a football club the changies are. It's not about one player. It's about 20 odd others.

More fool City for leaving it so late!

I think Sanes injury is worse than they are letting on tbh. Pep said we looked at him in Summer, cant see us going back again which is prob why Mahrez is ******. We'll be coming out of summer with Mendy & Sane back on the left, and Diaz with more minutes under his belt.

I think Sanes injury is worse than they are letting on tbh. Pep said we looked at him in Summer, cant see us going back again which is prob why Mahrez is ******. We'll be coming out of summer with Mendy & Sane back on the left, and Diaz with more minutes under his belt.
Thats what’s strange. You was looking at him in the Summer as well as Sanchez. Then you knew Sanchez was going to Utd for a while. Shouldn’t of left it so late. Leicester would of sold if had time to replace him. I agree can’t see you going back once the other 2 are back. Plus Diaz and Foden will be getting or should be getting more mins.

He was silly signing a new contract considering he wanted to leave last year as well. Should of at least got a clause in it.

Thats what’s strange. You was looking at him in the Summer as well as Sanchez. Then you knew Sanchez was going to Utd for a while. Shouldn’t of left it so late. Leicester would of sold if had time to replace him. I agree can’t see you going back once the other 2 are back. Plus Diaz and Foden will be getting or should be getting more mins.

He was silly signing a new contract considering he wanted to leave last year as well. Should of at least got a clause in it.

Sane only got injured sunday, inured confirmed Monday. That was the kicker for Mahrez being chased. We'd have lived without otherwise. Foden will play in for Silva. Only Diaz would be hampered by Mahrez i think.

Sane only got injured sunday, inured confirmed Monday. That was the kicker for Mahrez being chased. We'd have lived without otherwise. Foden will play in for Silva. Only Diaz would be hampered by Mahrez i think.
Dont think Sane injury mattered so much as you was still willing to sign Sanchez before that any way.

Dont think Sane injury mattered so much as you was still willing to sign Sanchez before that any way.

Sanchez was striker & left side.

Jesus confirmed back early, Sane in still full flight = Pass on Sanchez, players in both positions.

Sane down. Get a left side dribbler in. Simple.

I don't think you fully appreciate just how integral to pretty much everything at a football club the changies are. It's not about one player. It's about 20 odd others.
You say that but selling would have affected those other 20 players as well, by not selling the club are sending a message not just to the individual but also to the rest of the squad. Mahraz will get over it after all he got over the Barca interest, and no doubt some other club will show an interest come the summer.
Clubs have to think not only about money but also about the bigger picture whilst a player only needs to think about themself

Zero to 100

I know "everyone" hates Spurs right now (what is overreacting in my mind, but what do I know..., might feel same if would be my team I see play every week. ), but god this guy done amazing work and clad to see him in PL.
Hope Kane and Poch dont leave Spurs anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back