The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
It would just make the level of playing field even wider, for the best supported clubs like United/Liverpool in USA for example then the attendances would be through the roof. But then what about the smaller teams, would they attract big attendances like that... highly doubt it... most fans overseas would probably not even know who Huddersfield was. (no offence).

I just hate the whole ethos and idea behind it to be honest, I'll never be convinced or even want to be a part of it.

Thats the point though isnt it, growing the brand, sat with well known as a one off. The next time level a vs b. etc. Depending on where the games are held, for the spainish league the american market, Mexican+ nationalities make up 11% of the population.

Teams are adopted for all sorts of reasons worldwide. My Dad did, guy at work got me into it, i was at a game to see Valencia when Girona battled for 90 mins and nicked it in overtime etc etc.. They came to our school/college to train and gave a few lads a trial?

Depends if the FA is wise enough to stagger the money based on rep up, instead of down etc. Its a decent idea unless its used as a cash grab for bigger teams and not actually a market push for the whole league.

The PL product is fine as it is. There’s not many more profitable business’ anywhere the World over.

Taking a sports league from one Country to another is just inherently wrong and flys against everything a sports team should be about. I love the NFL. Absolutely hate the Wembley/ Mexico games. I get it. That’s not a Worldwide sport per se so they’re trying to grow the product. But it’s still not right and not fair on the club losing a home game. But the World wide game doesn’t need that at all.

Benefits nobody outside of the TV watcher and the continued greed of the clubs.

West Ham be sound around 10th. (Sadly.). Too many good players coupled with a good manager.

Just need to realise Wiltshire is a lazy, over hyped **** and bin him out the club. Let alone team.

Being as they lost today to Bournemouth, apt moment to post a great read, for anyone interested, on who seems a great fella. Eddie Howe.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/no-stan...ng-exceptional-the-norm-at-bournemouth-194712

Tough baptism for Fulham and boy WHU are gonna have to start gelling and quick. Saints look awful!

I don't get why teams constantly go to Mark Hughes as a manager, he's ****** awful. Especially a team like Southampton who usually look for quite progressive managers, they can only blame themselves.

I don't get why teams constantly go to Mark Hughes as a manager, he's ****** awful. Especially a team like Southampton who usually look for quite progressive managers, they can only blame themselves.

And he narks about every former club when he plays them too.

The mad football gravy train that once your on it just turns over the same fellas. That useless fat ******** Allardyce is another one who’ll get another big bonus job come January when some clubs desperate and panics. The whole job lots a complete joke.

And he narks about every former club when he plays them too.

The mad football gravy train that once your on it just turns over the same fellas. That useless fat ******** Allardyce is another one who’ll get another big bonus job come January when some clubs desperate and panics. The whole job lots a complete joke.
And Alladyce will undoubtedly save them. Until he fails, he will get jobs in the PL.

Pick needs to take a club down to end that. Although it’s funny he never mentions his part in taking Newcastle down.

Anyone interested in very good Leeds United vs Swansea stream, PM me ;)

Anyone interested in very good Leeds United vs Swansea stream, PM me ;)

I would of been mate but unfortunately having house rewired atm so late to these posts! But to get a good stream of a match I usually use ronaldo7.

I would of been mate but unfortunately having house rewired atm so late to these posts! But to get a good stream of a match I usually use ronaldo7.

I am changing my floor, just managed to finish some part before game started.
If you are on facebook I can share a group name that shows streams from youtube. They dont want names and streams publicly so thats why not sharing link here.

Btw, we played without a CB yesterday and managed to get 2-2 draw. We played two small RB in middle and RB slot went to 18 year old who had a debut. Both our main CBs are out with small injury(last one came right before match start).
Should start the Leeds thread again and give info about Championship generally.

Fair F to them. Players knowing kissing TV’s *** isn’t the be all and end all of football.

Still don’t understand how any genuine football fan could remotely think this a good idea but each to their own.

Be nice, if we ever got to that stage, for the PL players to take a similar stance.

Not sure why Newcastle binned Mitrovic, he seems to have a knack of finding goal. Good buy for Fulham.

Back