The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
BREAKING: Senior figures at @ChelseaFC have held discussions over Maurizio Sarri's future as head coach amid concern over recent performances and results, @SkySportsNews understands.

^

I hate that club man. What the actual **** if this is true... They knew what they signed up for; a manager to try and change the face of Chelsea Football Club, it was never going to be easy, all the club has ever known was boring, pragmatic (albeit effective) football... so did they honestly think he was going to come in, change the entire club's historic DNA & install winning Sarri-ball overnight?

Why sign a coach to bring this brand of football if you pull the plug 30% into the project? (as this was a 2 year project, minimum).

Are their little spoilt brats crying again (for like the 3rd manager in 4-5 years) because big bad Sarri doesn't think they're good enough for an actual football approach? Aww, cry me a river. Look at ******* Kante - nothing more than a ball-winning destroyer with little else for most of his career, got his head down, developed his game and despite his limitations, has adapted well to Sarri-ball and has been one of their best players this season, so don't give me "Sarri is too tactical" bullshit like some moles have leaked.

To **** with them if this is true. Hope this is the start of massive transition period for them and they sit out the top 4 for a few years. ****** me off. Not even my club but the player power there is disgusting. And their fans singing "**** Sarriball" were the same fans calling Conte's football boring. Entitled wankers.

BREAKING: Senior figures at @ChelseaFC have held discussions over Maurizio Sarri's future as head coach amid concern over recent performances and results, @SkySportsNews understands.

^

I hate that club man. What the actual **** if this is true... They knew what they signed up for; a manager to try and change the face of Chelsea Football Club, it was never going to be easy, all the club has ever known was boring, pragmatic (albeit effective) football... so did they honestly think he was going to come in, change the entire club's historic DNA & install winning Sarri-ball overnight?

Why sign a coach to bring this brand of football if you pull the plug 30% into the project? (as this was a 2 year project, minimum).

Are their little spoilt brats crying again (for like the 3rd manager in 4-5 years) because big bad Sarri doesn't think they're good enough for an actual football approach? Aww, cry me a river. Look at ******* Kante - nothing more than a ball-winning destroyer with little else for most of his career, got his head down, developed his game and despite his limitations, has adapted well to Sarri-ball and has been one of their best players this season, so don't give me "Sarri is too tactical" bullshit like some moles have leaked.

To **** with them if this is true. Hope this is the start of massive transition period for them and they sit out the top 4 for a few years. ****** me off. Not even my club but the player power there is disgusting. And their fans singing "**** Sarriball" were the same fans calling Conte's football boring. Entitled wankers.
That last paragraph says it all. Players these days are getting to big for their boots what with agents constantly telling them how wonderful they are and the fact that clubs are overpaiding most of these primadonnas, whilst a fans especially the younger generations who have experienced a little success from their club think it is sustainable by constantly spending more money and when a manager doesn't produce after 6 months for whatever reason then they call for his head. Player power and a stubborn manager has already been seen this season with Man Utd whilst overinflated fan expectation resulted in Ranieri getting the sack from Leicester. League football (especially in the top two leagues) in England is becoming too obsessed with money and instant success.

..... League football (especially in the top two leagues) in England is becoming too obsessed with money and instant success.

Refreshing to see L’pool and doing it, as much as you can in today’s game, in an old school way hey?

As for the plastic joke of a club that is Chelsea, on and off the park ..... Well, I’ll leave it there for the sake of board peace and harmony

But Burnley... Think Dyche will stand in front of the goal also soon...

Never seen good game with them playing

Yeah. That rule can F off straight away. It's not a shootout.

I can understand a little where they are coming from with the penalty, it would stop players trying to enter the area before the penalty has been taken but it doesn't help matters in terms of advantage. At least under the current rules there is a chance of a second 'bite' at getting a goal, next they will be recalling freekicks if it doesn't result in a goal or the awarded team getting the ball. It won't speed up the game in any way shape or form.

. Leeds' record after scoring first in the Championship this season:

Won: 17
Drawn: 0
Lost: 0
Scored: 37
Conceded: 6
Clean sheets: 12
Points won: 51/51

The only side in the top four tiers of English football who have failed to drop a single point after scoring first this season.

Absolutely disgusting what happened to Jack Grealish! Hope the idiot gets locked up. And the club get fined!

Back