The Premier League Thread

Market isn't that bad at all if you are sensible.... Leicester got Tielemans for £35m flat fee. Was reported by some to be £40m at first but then turns out it was only £35m. Either way, great bit of business and there are other players available for reasonable prices.

Leicester are continuing to put together a very tidy little squad.

Real chance either them or Wolves could break into the top 6 this year. This is the summer a club like Everton should be spending with the mess Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd are in. Well, they should if Steve Walsh hadn’t left them in such a financial mess on such a poor squad.

Lot of real desperate clubs out there we’ll over paying instead of waiting it out.

Waiting it out? Be waiting 2 seasons minimum considering Euros next season and by that time will just be as as bad, if not worse. The money keeps pumping in to these clubs so it won't be getting any better any time soon. It has gone past boiling point now in terms of prices I'd say for them to ever significantly drop overall.

Leicester are continuing to put together a very tidy little squad.

Real chance either them or Wolves could break into the top 6 this year. This is the summer a club like Everton should be spending with the mess Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd are in. Well, they should if Steve Walsh hadn’t left them in such a financial mess on such a poor squad.

By all accounts Everton are going to spend, apparently even interested in Pepe from Lille... agree with you though about Leicester/Wolves.

To be honest I was thinking for a while now how Leicester starting 11 would compete with those like Arsenal, United and Chelsea, maybe even better in some areas.

Waiting it out? Be waiting 2 seasons minimum considering Euros next season and by that time will just be as as bad, if not worse. The money keeps pumping in to these clubs so it won't be getting any better any time soon. It has gone past boiling point now in terms of prices I'd say for them to ever significantly drop overall.

The window. The longer you wait, the more desperate the selling club gets, the better value you can get.

Lots of quality value if you’re savvy and have your model right.

By all accounts Everton are going to spend, apparently even interested in Pepe from Lille... agree with you though about Leicester/Wolves.

To be honest I was thinking for a while now how Leicester starting 11 would compete with those like Arsenal, United and Chelsea, maybe even better in some areas.

Defo. Rodgers has dropped on a great situation there where he can just do what he’s best at. Coaching. Well arguably the best group outside the top 6 clubs. And a real good age mix.

Interesting to see how he does with them.

The window. The longer you wait, the more desperate the selling club gets, the better value you can get.

Lots of quality value if you’re savvy and have your model right.

I guess that's great if it works out, but risky if it doesn't as some clubs I believe can't rely on patience because they need significant signings this window!

Meant to say quite. No one buying or selling and only about 3 and a bit weeks left. Will likely change no doubt. I’m sure prices has a big thing to do with it.

I dont understand u are not moving on anyone. But this subject has been talked to deathbin ur thread.

But it has been more quiet yeah in PL. But it is also good i think, pointless to splash money around.
LaLiga has been crazy this time

I think it is because there is that much money in the PL.

Marcel Brands from Everton said it once. There's a lot of money to invest, but the risk is so much bigger. Thus you can't just splash the cash on people, but have to be even more careful with your transfers, because if they fail, you lose 30M or whatever.

Just want the proper footy to start

Not that far away luckily. I like that when season starts all this transfer bullshit is out of the way. Good thing PL clubs dont use release clauses or we would be drained empty.

Btw Mike.
Would it be okey to have additional thread from PL footy? Somekind of thread where we can talk about other leagues and hint out if some good games are there or scandals? Or unite it with this one?
I know this is English side of footy, but the main core of people are talking here and even the CL thread is empty most of the time or speaken somewhere here.

Not that far away luckily. I like that when season starts all this transfer bullshit is out of the way. Good thing PL clubs dont use release clauses or we would be drained empty.

Btw Mike.
Would it be okey to have additional thread from PL footy? Somekind of thread where we can talk about other leagues and hint out if some good games are there or scandals? Or unite it with this one?
I know this is English side of footy, but the main core of people are talking here and even the CL thread is empty most of the time or speaken somewhere here.
Decent idea!

What is going on with barca grizz and atletico...?

Barca seems **** dirty with their dealings

I know it’s still a few weeks away. But with the season looming. Who’s peoples top 4 and relegation prospects?

I know it’s still a few weeks away. But with the season looming. Who’s peoples top 4 and relegation prospects?
Newcastle defo going down the other two could be either Villa/brighton/Sheff. Top 4 will be unchanged for the top 3, I think Arsenal with Emery in his 2nd season might pip Utd and Chelsea for 4th.