The Premier League Thread

Wait! Solskjaer has an impact on Utd’s transfers but Rodgers doesn’t Leicester’s?

Thats quite presumptuous z.

Rodgers tends to stay out of transfers for the most. I can tell you that from interviewing him on Friday. He was staying away from the Maguire deal

Dont bother mate honestly! I knew mins after it was announced Scouse would be on here saying such thing.

We've already used the big data to show how good his season actually was. So I'd just leave it be tbh

Rodgers tends to stay out of transfers for the most. I can tell you that from interviewing him on Friday. He was staying away from the Maguire deal

Poor state of affairs then for him if he doesn’t have the final say so.

One would have thought he’d had enough of working handicapped at Anfield.

Or most anyone regardless of who the club was to pay that for a good, but far from difference making, CH.

If it wasn't for Maguire's goal at Anfield.... you'd have won the PL title. I'd say that he is quite the difference maker.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for Maguire's goal at Anfield.... you'd have won the PL title. I'd say that he is quite the difference maker.

If Martin Atkinson could ever make a decision to save his life he wouldn’t have been on the pitch to score it. ;)

All relative but ultimately a redundant discussion as that was last year and the new top flight season kicks off in a mere 2 days.

Ah crud. Talking Atkinson reminds me there’s going to be VAR on Sunday isn’t there?

We’ll be lucky to have the game finish by 7!

Well Liverpool payed pretty much the same for VVD, and he's been a huge upgrade. Maguire had at least as good couple of seasons as VVD, plus he's better with NT.

Well Liverpool payed pretty much the same for VVD, and he's been a huge upgrade. Maguire had at least as good couple of seasons as VVD, plus he's better with NT.

Behave mate hey? van Dijk was already among the top CH's in the league on a massive upward trajectory before we signed him. Had he not let it be known from the outset he only wanted to play in one place, there'd have been an outright bidding war between the top 6. Doubtless Utd included. He's just continued on that path at ours. You'd be struggling to put Maguire in the top 6 CH's in the league currently,

And this sounds like I don't like him. I do, He's a good, solid defender who instantly upgrades Utd. (Not that that's hard like as Sakho would upgrade on Jones on Smalling.). But when you're paying World record difference making money, that's what you expect. Not just 'good.' He's the type that takes you into the bracket of challenging for top 4. But if you've aspirations for ever challenging for the biggest prizes again, he's not the type to take you over the top.

Koulibaly's arriving for that? Or to a lesser extent de Ligt? You're sitting up and taking notice. Even Toby at his later stage of his career. Maguire it's just a 'meh.'

That's two of the top 6 most expensive defenders in history this summer. And will they improve the side to anything like that?

Leicester replace him with say Dunk and Cahill for a season or two, with the extra in the bank, they've done a roaring piece of business IMHO with out a greatly significant drop-off.

Most thought the same went you spunked that on VVD...

Who would have been £20 million or so less than the extra he eventually cost 5 months removed down to who ever's stupidity it was that exepnsively cost us by over stepping the mark and rubbing Southampton's nose in it publicly and P them right off.

Have to agree on Scous here. Yes VVD money was also crazy but he was living up to the hype and was huge for Southampton.

Maguieri with price tag 85mil just seems off... Maybe he will probve wrong but the pressure is huge and definetly upgrade in everysense from united defensive view. +Eng tax

It is just good to have basically endless pockets

Please cobble the money together to take Ryan Kent by next Thursday.

Best for all parties.

To be honest we dont need winger, If Roofie is out then striker is a must and still woud like a new defender...
Costa was amazing loan for us with option to buy, after that transfers have been nothing...

Kent would be interesting, but would be only loan move i would think. No need on winger permenant. And you have good way of clubs overpaying for your wingers...

Have to agree on Scous here. Yes VVD money was also crazy but he was living up to the hype and was huge for Southampton.

Maguieri with price tag 85mil just seems off... Maybe he will probve wrong but the pressure is huge and definetly upgrade in everysense from united defensive view. +Eng tax

It is just good to have basically endless pockets
Its 80 and Maguire has been huge for Leicester and just as good as VD tbh.

Will on see if it’s worth it based on performances I guess. But can only see good things coming from Maguire

Not to mention Van Dijk in todays market is probably £100m+.... the prices keep going up folks.

To be honest we dont need winger, If Roofie is out then striker is a must and still woud like a new defender...
Costa was amazing loan for us with option to buy, after that transfers have been nothing...

Kent would be interesting, but would be only loan move i would think. No need on winger permenant. And you have good way of clubs overpaying for your wingers...

Crud.

A loans no use at all to him mate. That won't be happening again. And being stuck with another years 23's football is another set back. He needs to be starting his career in earnest somewhere on a permy basis. He's 22 now. The same the likes of Ejaria, George, Wilson etc. in that age bracket.

No doubt they'll have a real decent career somewhere. Kent's a very tidy, quick, direct old-school type of winger. And it's been noticeable this pre-season how he's developed physically his year up in Scotland. Just nowhere near the very top level we're now at.

Hopefully for everyones sake valuations are met and they get to move on and finally kick-start there careers by next Thursday tea-time.

Crud.

A loans no use at all to him mate. That won't be happening again. And being stuck with another years 23's football is another set back. He needs to be starting his career in earnest somewhere on a permy basis. He's 22 now. The same the likes of Ejaria, George, Wilson etc. in that age bracket.

No doubt they'll have a real decent career somewhere. Kent's a very tidy, quick, direct old-school type of winger. And it's been noticeable this pre-season how he's developed physically his year up in Scotland. Just nowhere near the very top level we're now at.

Hopefully for everyones sake valuations are met and they get to move on and finally kick-start there careers by next Thursday tea-time.

Had seen talks that he maybe goes back.?

That age true, should be playing every week. For wilson aint there still hope he stays with you and soon maybe first team player? He is very tidy player and if someone can get him for good price has very good future PL player in their hands.

Had seen talks that he maybe goes back.?

That age true, should be playing every week. For wilson aint there still hope he stays with you and soon maybe first team player? He is very tidy player and if someone can get him for good price has very good future PL player in their hands.

Wilson's a complete paradox. All he does os assist and score. But he completely disappears for large chunks of games. And his tactical. defensive side leaves a lot to be desired which throws our whole shape out. There's just bits of his game that aren't there for the level we're now at. I'd be surprised, if he stayed, if he saw too much action this coming season. Fully expecting someone to come close the £25 million price and then a decision will have to be made.

Gerrard's been cheeky there with Kent thinking we'd let him go back up there for a year on sentiment. The most Rangers have offered thus far is around £4 million. And we aren't a charity for Steven Gerrard whatever his standing in the clubs history.

D_hV_QbW4AYo3ob

Poor state of affairs then for him if he doesn’t have the final say so.

One would have thought he’d had enough of working handicapped at Anfield.

That's what a DoF is for. most clubs run this way tbh