The Premier League Thread

For anyone citing PSG’s title win as a reason why the same should happen in England;

Ligue 1’s rules specify that if a season can’t be completed for any reason, the current league table is final. France is the only country with this rule. Confirmed by President of French FA.

He does know that not just players but in fact everybody in the society has family, children and parents and that we keep going to work even though there's a global pandemic, right?

These sheltered primadonnas I swear, they probably get tested all the time when normal people can't get tests, they have around the clock medical protection from worlds best doctors, but they can't kick around a little football because it's scary. Tell that to police officer who is on the frontlines trying to contain this virus every day.

He does know that not just players but in fact everybody in the society has family, children and parents and that we keep going to work even though there's a global pandemic, right?

These sheltered primadonnas I swear, they probably get tested all the time when normal people can't get tests, they have around the clock medical protection from worlds best doctors, but they can't kick around a little football because it's scary. Tell that to police officer who is on the frontlines trying to contain this virus every day.
What rubbish mate. Just because he’s a footballer he can still get it and rightly so he should be concerned with regards to his family. This post is a complete joke tbh they don’t have around the clock protection at all. If that was the case no footballer/Sports person would have had it. Dybala from Juve has been tested positive about 4 times for Covid despite getting the all clear. Same goes to many footballers/sportsmen and women.

Those test are unreliable. You can have regular flue and still be positive to CV19. You can google that.
Anyway, I've been working and living pretty much normally ever since this s*it started and I see where's Tyton coming from. Hows it possible for rest of us to work and live "normally" yet they don't have to? But on the other hand, it shows you that they are everything but essential for our community, economy and in the end, the whole World.
If anything, it showed we CAN have fun without watching them kicking the ball for 90 minutes. We CAN live without them. And I don't think forcing them into "getting back to work" is really necessary. We can manage without them, while they are doing what they are doing.

What rubbish mate. Just because he’s a footballer he can still get it and rightly so he should be concerned with regards to his family.

We're all concerned about our families and we still keep working, why is it different for a footballer exactly?

This post is a complete joke tbh they don’t have around the clock protection at all. If that was the case no footballer/Sports person would have had it. Dybala from Juve has been tested positive about 4 times for Covid despite getting the all clear

Dybala got it before anyone knew the virus situation is serious. Now in Bayern they get tested twice a week and it's probably the same everywhere. So if football comes back, they'll be playing against people who were certified healthy and get retested all the time, as well a number of other precautions taken.

Nobody is forcing him to play. If he thinks it's too dangerous, he's free to quit football and go work in a Tesco meeting hundreds of untested strangers every day.

We're all concerned about our families and we still keep working, why is it different for a footballer exactly? .....

We do if we're designated an essential worker and can't work from home.

Many aren't designated that and many are working from home. Or are just furloughed up (if they've been lucky enough for that and still have jobs to go to) at home until the lockdown ends and it's deemed safe to start going back to work.

The answer to the question is in the point you tried to make. Social distancing is making most jobs impossible to do and keeping people at home. Football is a close proximity, contact sport. Shouldn't take Einstein to figure that answer out mate.

✔@RobHarris

In Germany, Bundesliga side FC Cologne have announced tonight 3 positive COVID-19 cases after the squad and coaching staff were tested on Thursday at training.

They are symptom-free but will spend 14 days in quarantine.

Group training will continue.

Well surprise surprise more players in Germany testing positive after the resumption of training ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I commend Frank Lampard for saying, "it would not sit well with him if Premier League players and staff receive Covid-19 tests while frontline health workers cannot access them."

I both feel and completely agree with any clubs who are against the 'neutral grounds' idea.

It completely changes the integrity of the competition over 2/3'rd's in which can't be seen as anything other than wrong. As unprecedented as these times are.

There's going to be a LOT more negotiating here you feel before they get anywhere near a proper plan for starting again.

That said, something will have to give as clubs are in danger of going to the wall before much longer. And not just lower down the food chain either.