The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
[h=6]BREAKING: West Brom have granted permission for The FA to speak with Roy Hodgson regarding the position of England Manager.[/h]

Seen MoTD and a few observations.

1) Newcastle were just....appalling. I've seen schoolboys play better at defending at times.
2) Why wait until now Wigan? You'v shown you have the ability to play against any team.
3) What an incredible goal by Suarez for his hat trick.
4) What an incredible save by Howard to deny Fulham their goal. He was well beaten and appeared to hyper-extend his arm to tip the ball onto the post lol. Awesome save.
5) Credit to Wolves for the fight against Swansea to draw 4-4. Already relegated, manager having an **** time lately....good to see they're playing for pride and dignity. Kudo's

West Brom have supposedly got Martinez on their radar.. Bwahahaha!

It makes perfect sense, they want a good manager in case FA appoint Roy. Plus West Brom are a team in the top half of the table, so it's a club that would suit him. I even think that he can replace Harry at spurs if Harry is the man for England. Will see.

It makes perfect sense, they want a good manager in case FA appoint Roy. Plus West Brom are a team in the top half of the table, so it's a club that would suit him. I even think that he can replace Harry at spurs if Harry is the man for England. Will see.

I can't see Martinez moving to West Brom considering he turned down Aston Villa last year. He will probably wait for a bigger chance to arise.

Olympiakos are after Martinez as well so called, but Bobby has a 5 year plan at Wigan and if we carry this blinding form into next season, top half finish will be a doddle. The main backbone of our team wont be going in the summer like it has done over the past 7 seasons so I'm confident we can continue to play like we are.

I can't see Martinez moving to West Brom considering he turned down Aston Villa last year. He will probably wait for a bigger chance to arise.

He turned down Villa because of his relationship with Whelan. Loyalty?

Still, the spurs job is too big to turn down. I have that feeling that Harry will end up managing England.

Olympiakos are after Martinez as well so called, but Bobby has a 5 year plan at Wigan and if we carry this blinding form into next season, top half finish will be a doddle. The main backbone of our team wont be going in the summer like it has done over the past 7 seasons so I'm confident we can continue to play like we are.

EPL > Greece.

Why would he leave Wigan to join a club in a one-team league that play in a bankrupt nation?

Well you will be [probably] losing two of your best players in Diame and Rodallega but Martinez has done the smart thing this year and actually phased them out of the first XI so next year it won't be such a massive blow.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Since the African Nations, Diame hasn't started a game and we haven't needed Rodallega all season. The only blow which I can see is that Moses will more than likely be snatched up. Maloney + Beausejour have been amazing.

I wouldn't mind us taking Moses off of you, tbf.. But it looks like Sunderland are favourites which I really don't see as a massive step up for him.. Guess it means he can triple his wage, though. ;)

Just hope they make him a lot better on the next update/version of FM!

After what happened to N'Zogbia, I can't see Moses biting Sunderland's hands off. I bet Charlie is kicking himself. I said when he moved that he took a step sideways at best and people laughed at me.. Now his career is just going to waste basically.

Moses is your best player by far. Deserves a chance at a top club. Spurs/Everton/Newcastle/Pool maybe?

Maloney is better than Moses, Moses has a lot to learn. Al Habsi is our best player though.

Martinez is a really under-rated manager in my opinion. Has done fantastic work at Wigan and no offence Wigan fans but he deserves a club like Tottenham in my opinion

Martinez is a really under-rated manager in my opinion. Has done fantastic work at Wigan and no offence Wigan fans but he deserves a club like Tottenham in my opinion

I'd go Liverpool imo. Could do a far better job there than what's being done right now

Things just got complicated now, but Man City did well to win this derby. 2 games left, anything can happen.

Last edited:
If Pardew does not win manager of the season or whatever it will be an absolute disgrace. Phenonomal (sp) is the only word to sum up the work he's done.

Back