The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
It will be really interesting next year with all these new managers. Us, spurs & liverpool really need to make sure we strengthen over the summer and try push on for champions league qualifaction/title battle.

Wigan relegated after 1-4 loss to arsenal, feel sorry for martinez will get snapped up i reckon in summer with some of there players aswell.

Wigan relegated after 1-4 loss to arsenal, feel sorry for martinez will get snapped up i reckon in summer with some of there players aswell.

I didn't want them to go down, but it's been on the cards for a few years. At least they won some silverware in their time in the EPL. Martinez in definite hot property now. Possibly Everton's next manager? Would be a good appointment IMO. Depending on which players they lose they are reasonably well geared for an immediate return, unlike QPR.

*sniff*
Down we go QPR.
Lets get back in again with a WORKING team and not trade in some more stuck up ponies.

*sniff*
Down we go QPR.
Lets get back in again with a WORKING team and not trade in some more stuck up ponies.
You'll surely be favorites to come back up due to your insane finances Not to sound rude but you can just buy the league, especially with Arry in charge.
Meanwhile I'm hoping my team, Leeds, can work some kind of magic and get promoted. Somehow...

You'll surely be favorites to come back up due to your insane finances Not to sound rude but you can just buy the league, especially with Arry in charge.
Meanwhile I'm hoping my team, Leeds, can work some kind of magic and get promoted. Somehow...

I don't think the championship can be bought. Team spirit and a united team go further than they do in the EPL, where the actual quality of the team plays a larger role. We see every year teams with very good players fail (eg Wolves- Doyle, Ebanks, O'hara, Johnson et al), whilst teams who are expected to finish in the bottom half excel.

I see QPR struggling next year tbh. They need to get rid of the players who don't give a ****, and bring in some players who are prepared to scrap it out for 46 games. The likes of Mackie etc who got them there in the first place.

Hard to predict Leeds. Depends on who goes in and out, but Mcdermott was a decent appointment.

I don't think the championship can be bought. Team spirit and a united team go further than they do in the EPL, where the actual quality of the team plays a larger role. We see every year teams with very good players fail (eg Wolves- Doyle, Ebanks, O'hara, Johnson et al), whilst teams who are expected to finish in the bottom half excel.

I see QPR struggling next year tbh. They need to get rid of the players who don't give a ****, and bring in some players who are prepared to scrap it out for 46 games. The likes of Mackie etc who got them there in the first place.

Hard to predict Leeds. Depends on who goes in and out, but Mcdermott was a decent appointment.
Good point about Wolves, how they went down I don't know but it's still hilarious. Maybe i'm just being over influenced by my QPR supporting friend haha. Leeds depends on how much the owners are going to spend but I, like many leeds fans, am skeptical Mcdermott said he had promising talks with them though.

can see Martinez maybe going here it keeps saying on SSN that its down to style of football i'm going to have a cheeky fiver on someone not sure who yet

Rafa being the favourite for the Stoke job amuses me slightly :)

At long last the Engineer (Pellegrini) is finally anounced our new manager. Will officially start work on 24th June, watched his first interview with CITY TV and saying all the right thing, I am excited again! Role on the new season.

Was scouring the internet & came across this gem of an article posted a month ago.

Premier League: Overrated XI | GiveMeSport

Possibly the biggest load of tosh I've ever read. :@

Christ almighty that was bad. I was expecting it to be bad but jeeeeeeeeeesus...

At long last the Engineer (Pellegrini) is finally anounced our new manager. Will officially start work on 24th June, watched his first interview with CITY TV and saying all the right thing, I am excited again! Role on the new season.

He spoke excellent English too, I was surprised. Bodes well for communication if nothing else.

Looks like under Mancini the playesr went down the Chelsea troute of player power and despite the public reason he was sacked for not reaching all his targets this season it was Roberto's man management skills that got him the sack. AKA Player power!

At least with Manuel Pelligrini he is very much a man manager so at least that will keep these over paid players happy for a while but for how long only time will tell.

btw now we can have a Manchester City thread added to the front page here ;)

Joe Kinnear seems to be back at Newcastle in a DoF role. Claims he will help with transfers but not interfere with selection or tactics. Can't decide if this is a good thing or not :/

Joe Kinnear seems to be back at Newcastle in a DoF role. Claims he will help with transfers but not interfere with selection or tactics. Can't decide if this is a good thing or not :/

The end for Pardew ?

Possibly the most bizarre appointment around

Been out of the game 4 years since his heart attack and he is in charge of spotting talent? This coming from a club which has one of the better scouting networks thanks to Graham Carr

Can only be a bad appointment

Back