The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Possibly the most bizarre appointment around

Been out of the game 4 years since his heart attack and he is in charge of spotting talent? This coming from a club which has one of the better scouting networks thanks to Graham Carr

Can only be a bad appointment
very scary when you put it like that :P Hopefully its a collaboration between the 2 and Carr's influence won't be diminished. He's found some great bargains!

Joe Kinnear, who has confirmed he will be returning to Newcastle as director of football on a three-year deal, insists manager Alan Pardew is "delighted" with his appointment.
Kinnear told the Evening Chronicle: "Before I had a meeting with Mike [Ashley], Derek [Llambias] said he'd informed Alan, and Alan said 'Great news - I'm delighted with that. At last I've got somebody who's a football guy'. Derek told me he's had a long talk with Alan, and explained that I'm coming in as director of football.
"He [Llambias] is going to go on the finance side and anything to do with football is coming my side. I am going to be delighted to be working with Alan."

slightly misleading title. Basically just defending himself against fans who are abusing him. Fair play really

May be so, but the press still remember the tirade he unleashed before, and tbf not everyone is intelligent enough to see the point he's trying to make which tbh, reading it again should've been worded much better. This part could've done better. but-we'll see what happens. I've nothing personal against him, but was surprised by his appointment

Last edited:
slightly misleading title. Basically just defending himself against fans who are abusing him. Fair play really

Did you listen to him last night? He's genuinely lost it.

He has no place being in a position of importance at Newcastle. The fans are right to take him apart.

He was spouting bullshit, quite frankly. Proceeded to tell a bunch of lies, and then get every single players names wrong. It was the single most mental interview I've heard since he called Simon Bird a c*** and swore 52 times.

Last edited:
That was an, erm, interesting interview. Not much more i can say to it really lol

Edit-it may be my hearing, but did he get Ameobi's name wrong and say Yohan Kebab?

Last edited:
Manager of month 3 times with Wimbledon = Manager of year 3 times
******* Kinnear
Yohan Kebab, Amneobi, Ben Afra
No wonder N'zogbia left when he called him 'insomnia'...

Kinnear's retardation has already begun. Cancelled free transfer of Douglas...

better than playing ******* Perch or Williamson at CB!

Debatable considering the wages he would be asking for and considering Colo is staying for another season. Perch is an animal.

Debatable considering the wages he would be asking for and considering Colo is staying for another season. Perch is an animal.
I trust Carr due to his unbelievable scouting tekkers. Perch good to have as a backup, not as a CB. **** no!

I trust Carr due to his unbelievable scouting tekkers. Perch good to have as a backup, not as a CB. **** no!

He is a back up back up CB though, Obviously Taylor, Mbiwa and Colo ahead of him. I'm not sure Douglas would be looking to join the club as a 4th choice CB on wages that are affordable for a 4th choice CB.

Perch has looked composed at CB when he has played there, he's cut out the mistakes from his game and is a good all round player. I'm not saying that CB is his best position, but as 4th choice cover he's better than spunking 40k a week on someone.

Back