The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
How did meyler play victim if he had started rolling on the floor like he had been shot then I could unspderstand but he stood there and took it. And it which point did pardew nearly go on his ****? He had to adjust his footing it really was something of nothing, and they maybe didn't focus as much on the little shove was because pardew so reaction was by far the greater incident
By your logic, Pardew's headbutt was nothing too, because it was very tame. The whole point about the shove is that it wasn't the actual damage that offended Pardew, but the intent - same with Pardew's headbutt.

By your logic, Pardew's headbutt was nothing too, because it was very tame. The whole point about the shove is that it wasn't the actual damage that offended Pardew, but the intent - same with Pardew's headbutt.

how does that equate to by my logic the headbutt was nothing you really are clutching at straws here, for a start the push was hardly anything the player wanted to get the ball he was barely looking at pardew. Second of all the the headbutt has the intent to hurt someone regardless of how pathetic a **** it was, but that is besides the point and quite frankly your being pedantic and silly. The full crux of the situation is that manager cannot behave like that hence his own club fining him 100k and the FA will no doubt throw the book at him. You can't just say "by your logic" because that makes zero sense because that is not what I said at all.

Also you are looking at this in the total wrong way it's not just about the intent but the conduct of the manager if you want to apply my logic to something maybe read what I actually wrote.

Last edited:
Also you are looking at this in the total wrong way it's not just about the intent but the conduct of the manager

What are you talking about, manager is a civilian not involved in the game, its basically the same as pushing a ref, you can't hold him against the same standards as players who get into the fight on the pitch. Pardew was within his right to protect himself.

What are you talking about, manager is a civilian not involved in the game, its basically the same as pushing a ref, you can't hold him against the same standards as players who get into the fight on the pitch. Pardew was within his right to protect himself.

by headbutting someone? also Pardew is definitely involved in the game because civilians sit in the stands.

Last edited:
how does that equate to by my logic the headbutt was nothing you really are clutching at straws here, for a start the push was hardly anything the player wanted to get the ball he was barely looking at pardew. Second of all the the headbutt has the intent to hurt someone regardless of how pathetic a **** it was, but that is besides the point and quite frankly your being pedantic and silly. The full crux of the situation is that manager cannot behave like that hence his own club fining him 100k and the FA will no doubt throw the book at him. You can't just say "by your logic" because that makes zero sense because that is not what I said at all.

Also you are looking at this in the total wrong way it's not just about the intent but the conduct of the manager if you want to apply my logic to something maybe read what I actually wrote.
You justified Meyler's push because it was "something of nothing", as in saying that it's OK because it was a "little shove". So by that logic, Pardew's headbutt was only a 'little headbutt', and is therefore also 'nothing'. So yes, I can read what you wrote.

You justified Meyler's push because it was "something of nothing", as in saying that it's OK because it was a "little shove". So by that logic, Pardew's headbutt was only a 'little headbutt', and is therefore also 'nothing'. So yes, I can read what you wrote.

You blatantly haven't because my point was that its more about the managers conduct and not the intent of the headbutt, but whatever I am done with this I have a roast to cook.

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't think many people would disagree that Pardew did get what he deserve for his actions. What I and some other people are saying is that Meyer should have had the same level of punishment. Not only did he shove Pardew out of the way but then his reaction to the headbutt was to the level that usually results in mutual red cards when it's a clash amongst players, yet he only got a yellow.

Another thing that annoys me, and the main reason I said he was "playing the victim" which is not so much him really but the media and football fans. That is that almost every single gif or video I've seen cuts off the initial shove completely. The only reason I can think of for that is to sensationalise and witch hunt against Pardew.

As far as I'm concerned, a fine by the club of a not insubstantial amount of money and a short maybe 5 game ban (similar to bans the FA sentenced for other, much more serious offences) and this should be over and done with. But people will continue to villify him far more than they ever did with numerous other managerial incidents. Mourinho prodding that coach in the eye? Ferguson throwing a boot at Beckham. And what about Clough?

"Never seen anything like it" - Lying, sensationalist, hypocritical morons looking for their 15 minutes. That's what's annoying me most.

What I and some other people are saying is that Meyer should have had the same level of punishment. Not only did he shove Pardew out of the way but then his reaction to the headbutt was to the level that usually results in mutual red cards when it's a clash amongst players, yet he only got a yellow.

Are you joking? He stood their pointing his finger. How in the world is that a red card.

Idiots, idiots everywhere on this forum.

Are you joking? He stood their pointing his finger. How in the world is that a red card.

Idiots, idiots everywhere on this forum.

Go and watch it again, he shoves into him again and then tussels with officials/players/coaches trying to get to him. Understandably of course, but it's a reaction that if done in a player vs player context would have resulted in a red, in my opinion.

Here's a video which shows it a bit more clearly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRVNGRqwg5Y#t=45

by headbutting someone?

He's a 50 year old guy, I think he's entitled to use a bit more force when trained athlete half his age jumps into his face.

also Pardew is definitely involved in the game because civilians sit in the stands.

No? Players are allowed to get a bit physical on the pitch , but manager is off limits. Its pretty much like pushing someone on the street, you can't go around doing **** like this and expect people not to react.

Over reactions. Over reactions Everywhere.

At best you can say Pardew pushed his face into the player. That is no way a headbutt. Compared to Zidane, he was sniffing the player to see if he smelt of sweat.

Small ban, 1-2 games and a fine will serve correctly. No other action needed

The thing which puzzles me is that they were winning! And cruising lol.

I think Pardew was wrong to do it but will probably get an 100,000 + fine and a stadium ban untill end of the season by the F.A.

I wonder what football would be like if you could only change managers during transfer periods...

I wonder what football would be like if you could only change managers during transfer periods...

Wasn't really a fan of this idea at first, but the way it's going they might need to try something as the current situation is pretty ridiculous.

On the other hand, it would probably just mean that January becomes an orgy of manager sackings and appointments as owners panic knowing that it's their last chance to get a new manager in, and end up making premature sackings anyway, so it would probably just change the problem rather than solve it.

Over reactions. Over reactions Everywhere.

At best you can say Pardew pushed his face into the player. That is no way a headbutt. Compared to Zidane, he was sniffing the player to see if he smelt of sweat.

Small ban, 1-2 games and a fine will serve correctly. No other action needed

This is England.. Everyone in football gets overly punished because "they're role models". Pretty sure I remember Jamie Redknapp or some other moron saying "This is the worst thing I've ever seen" and Alan Shearer said Pardew should be sacked.

Although, Pardew is a ******** so I don't exactly feel sorry for him.

Go and watch it again, he shoves into him again and then tussels with officials/players/coaches trying to get to him. Understandably of course, but it's a reaction that if done in a player vs player context would have resulted in a red, in my opinion.

Here's a video which shows it a bit more clearly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRVNGRqwg5Y#t=45

Delusional mate.

Whats the deal with Sherwood sitting in the stands btw?

Back