The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
My take on the whole "B team" idea proposed by the FA earlier today.

This idea has more holes than Liverpool's defence but what do we expect with the FA! He says a B team but its basically going to be a team full of U21's isn't it as most over 21's if they haven't made the first team would have moved on by now so its going to be the same as the current U21 league for starters.

You then upset the football league and conference just chucking another league in-between them, a system which has been going for over a hundred years and is tried and tested.

So when these B teams get promoted/relegated these players will be playing in either league 1 or the conference, so whats different to loaning them out to a league 1 or conference side which is not only the same level (obviously) but helps the lower clubs too?

He says the Spanish League does it which yes they do, they implemented it in the 1950's and it bought Spain how much success in the 50 years that followed? Who actually thinks a Stoke or Sunderland B is the answer to England's problems!

Yes there are obvious problems and something does need to be done but this is not it! For a starters England are massively under coached so maybe make coaching badges (something i have always wanted to do) more affordable to the average Joe (or Carl). Its simple, the more coaches the more kids that can be coached!

Grassroots need to be looked at too, we play in the winter months where pitches are not only full of dogshit but grass is 7ft tall and the pitches are more wet than (add your own joke here). There needs to be a summer league where kids can enjoy playing on nice pitches and kids tend to enjoy playing anything more in the sun than they do on a cold winters morning when its ******* it down.

The FA are going the wrong way about this, they know things need to be done so instead of trying the little things which may make a huge difference they are changing the big things which will more than likely fall down and in 10-15 years time we will be back to square one.

Probably better posting here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/engl...der-introduction-b-teams-league-shake-up.html

But yeah. It's just a terribly ill thought out idea. And I listened to the Greg **** interview on Talksport earlier. Complete and utter BS that was so full of red herrings. I'd be absolutely astounded if it gets the green light.

The idea is disastrous indeed, and the largely negative response from all corners of the country are testament to what people think about it.

Conversely though, more than half of the top division clubs backed it, which is subtly interesting but not at all surprising.

Allardyce looks like he's getting the axe after the final game of the season

Allardyce looks like he's getting the axe after the final game of the season

Incredibly surprising. Despite his star player (Caroll) being out for more than half the season, he still saves them from relegation. The WHU fans calling for his head are idiots

Incredibly surprising. Despite his star player (Caroll) being out for more than half the season, he still saves them from relegation. The WHU fans calling for his head are idiots

From what I'm hearing the fans want "West Ham" football-pretty, beautiful football and the board have caved and are giving them what they want.

If there's one thing we've learnt over the years it's that Hammers fans are idiots. For some reason they think they have some god-given right to watch "good football" despite the fact West Ham have never played good football, deluded *******.

In fact, last time they tried to play "good football" they were relegated!

The Final Weekend!

Who is your bet for the title? I'm going for city even though i am a LFC fan.

From what I'm hearing the fans want "West Ham" football-pretty, beautiful football and the board have caved and are giving them what they want.

Allerdyce's response to that pretty much mirrors mine:

"What's the West Ham way, losing?"

Indeed. Newcastle fans calling for Pardew's head are a bunch of ******* as well now that we are on the topic

Indeed. Newcastle fans calling for Pardew's head are a bunch of ******* as well now that we are on the topic

Interesting. Can't say I agree, although I will say that it's a little bit overstated at times.

Interesting. Can't say I agree, although I will say that it's a little bit overstated at times.

Got them their highest finish for some time but Europa League the following season really messed the squad up... Not big enough or good enough to compete twice/three times a week..

Even this season they were going very well (around 8th) until they sold their best and most influential player in January and didn't replace him

Feel sorry for Pardew, done a very decent job in my opinion

Got them their highest finish for some time but Europa League the following season really messed the squad up... Not big enough or good enough to compete twice/three times a week..

Even this season they were going very well (around 8th) until they sold their best and most influential player in January and didn't replace him

Feel sorry for Pardew, done a very decent job in my opinion

Lots of Newcastle fans feel it's Pardew's fault the squad isn't big enough.

One of their biggest issues seems to be that Pardew is essentially Ashley's puppet, bowing and scraping to him and allowing him to sell off Newcastle's best players without replacing them. There's no ambition, no drive to succeed - as seen in their last six or so games - and just the acceptance that about 10th is "good enough" despite Newcastle being a pretty big club. Add to that the dour style of play and the utterly mystifying tactics by Pardew and it's not a great situation.

Lots of Newcastle fans feel it's Pardew's fault the squad isn't big enough.

One of their biggest issues seems to be that Pardew is essentially Ashley's puppet, bowing and scraping to him and allowing him to sell off Newcastle's best players without replacing them. There's no ambition, no drive to succeed - as seen in their last six or so games - and just the acceptance that about 10th is "good enough" despite Newcastle being a pretty big club. Add to that the dour style of play and the utterly mystifying tactics by Pardew and it's not a great situation.

I agree he hasn't helped himself with a fair few situations this season but Ashley does seem to be a big problem at Newcastle and to a certain extent i think Pardew takes alot of the stick for it

I agree he hasn't helped himself with a fair few situations this season but Ashley does seem to be a big problem at Newcastle and to a certain extent i think Pardew takes alot of the stick for it

Indeed, he goes and appoints Joe Kineear as the director of football and this dude doesn't even make a permanent signing throughout his tenure. Influential players like Cabaye are sold with no replacements being brought in. Even then though, Pardew does a decent job considering the circumstances he is placed in. If I am not wrong, before Cabaye was sold, Newcastle had a decent chance of finishing in the top 6

Then again though, Pardew hasn't exactly covered himself in glory after all his insane acts this season. But any manager would have trouble managing Newcastle with Ashley at the helm

Well done City on winning what has been the most incredible season I have ever seen.

Its a double sad day though, with Liverpool not winning the league, and the league being over. At least we have to World Cup to fill the summer!

Screw City. Needed them to score 2 more goals to get 3 correct scorelines on Super Six. Screw them and their title :@

Back