The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
I actually called it to be fair lol. But yeah course its a shock, we were lucky it finished 1-0!

We're a hard team to beat at the moment. Everton was arguably even more of a shock than Chelsea since it was away.

We're a hard team to beat at the moment. Everton was arguably even more of a shock than Chelsea since it was away.

I'm going to be honest and say I feared the worst. The way the defense is set out, the way Pulis has them so organised and playing so well I just knew it was going to be a potential banana skin. Wouldn't be a normal day in the prem if it hadn't of happened lol

Just a shame both Pulis and Rodgers can't share the award. Both deserving of winning it. Seems a tad unfair that one will be empty handed.

then to be fair give it to Wenger who might get a double this season ;)

From a biased poit of view give it to Rodgers!!

But from an unbiased opinion.. both have done really well. And as brilliant a job Pulis has done at Palace I can't see them not giving it to BR. Especially with a 11(to 14?) win streak fresh in the memory at the end of the season.

I don't like to praise Crystal Palace, but you've got to hand it to Pulis, he's been a revelation and would be thoroughly deserving of the award. I was enjoying watching Palace far more under Ollie ;) Still- I haven't given up hope of him relegating a South East London team this season yet.

Think Rodgers will get it if Liverpool win the title though, and it's hard to argue with that really.

I don't like to praise Crystal Palace, but you've got to hand it to Pulis, he's been a revelation and would be thoroughly deserving of the award. I was enjoying watching Palace far more under Ollie ;) Still- I haven't given up hope of him relegating a South East London team this season yet.

Think Rodgers will get it if Liverpool win the title though, and it's hard to argue with that really.
I think Rodgers should get it even if we don't win the title to be honest, our spending compared to the likes of Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal has been minute, yet we have done better than most of them.

I meant this season, and to a certain extent last season. And just out of interest, is that table comparing net spend, or total spend?

Yeah you were bit quiet this season, but you've outspend most of clubs for some time aswell as getting money from owners to cut the losses and loans when they came in.

You can see it all. Purchases, sells, net spend and average by season.

Put a bet on the Soccer Saturday Super 6, and picked the first goal to be scored on 2 minutes.

Villa score on 56 secs. ****** typical

So long Fulham and Cardiff. to the Championship you go

First injury for Man City in time for the Villa game. Aguero to miss the match. Though I'm not surprised after he limped off during the Everton match

City have been fined 50m and have had there CL squad reduced from 25 to 21 which 8 have to be hown grown under the squad registration rule. City have appealed and now could face stiffer punishment which they can not appeal!

Gary Monk given the Swansea job-3 year contract.

Potential scenario. A certain ex-Liverpool striker bags the winner at The Etihad on the 92nd minute. Epic amounts of irony if that happened-especially with Downing also on the books

My take on the whole "B team" idea proposed by the FA earlier today.

This idea has more holes than Liverpool's defence but what do we expect with the FA! He says a B team but its basically going to be a team full of U21's isn't it as most over 21's if they haven't made the first team would have moved on by now so its going to be the same as the current U21 league for starters.

You then upset the football league and conference just chucking another league in-between them, a system which has been going for over a hundred years and is tried and tested.

So when these B teams get promoted/relegated these players will be playing in either league 1 or the conference, so whats different to loaning them out to a league 1 or conference side which is not only the same level (obviously) but helps the lower clubs too?

He says the Spanish League does it which yes they do, they implemented it in the 1950's and it bought Spain how much success in the 50 years that followed? Who actually thinks a Stoke or Sunderland B is the answer to England's problems!

Yes there are obvious problems and something does need to be done but this is not it! For a starters England are massively under coached so maybe make coaching badges (something i have always wanted to do) more affordable to the average Joe (or Carl). Its simple, the more coaches the more kids that can be coached!

Grassroots need to be looked at too, we play in the winter months where pitches are not only full of dogshit but grass is 7ft tall and the pitches are more wet than (add your own joke here). There needs to be a summer league where kids can enjoy playing on nice pitches and kids tend to enjoy playing anything more in the sun than they do on a cold winters morning when its ******* it down.

The FA are going the wrong way about this, they know things need to be done so instead of trying the little things which may make a huge difference they are changing the big things which will more than likely fall down and in 10-15 years time we will be back to square one.

Back