The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Sherwood didn't help himself. Results have been decent but his interviews and antics are not what owners want to see... He should learn from it for future managerial opportunities

He obviously knew from the start that he was never going to be given a long-term opportunity. I doubt any clubs will be put off by what he's said, pretty much everything he's said about Spurs been true. The club is quickly turning into a joke, and Sherwood won't be short of clubs chasing him this summer.

He obviously knew from the start that he was never going to be given a long-term opportunity. I doubt any clubs will be put off by what he's said, pretty much everything he's said about Spurs been true. The club is quickly turning into a joke, and Sherwood won't be short of clubs chasing him this summer.

Odds on for the Brighton job currently..

there is a discussion here about Greg ****'s B team plan ?
[h=1][/h]

The fact it's been true isn't really relevant, though. Moyes was honest - look where that got him!

City have had there punishment upheld UEFA. Which is a fine of 60m euros there CL squad capped to 21 which 8 have to be HG. They will also have to curb there spending for the next 2 transfer windows and freeze there wage structure. Money available to spend including players spent will be limited to 60m euros. SSN

City have had there punishment upheld UEFA. Which is a fine of 60m euros there CL squad capped to 21 which 8 have to be HG. They will also have to curb there spending for the next 2 transfer windows and freeze there wage structure. Money available to spend including players spent will be limited to 60m euros. SSN

They should be deducted points in my opinion. And I don't support Liverpool, honestly.

Looking at the retained list, and it's sad to see what's happened to Dan Gosling. Unrealised talent. Let go by Newcastle United and joins Bournemouth.

Looking at the retained list, and it's sad to see what's happened to Dan Gosling. Unrealised talent. Let go by Newcastle United and joins Bournemouth.
He used to be on par with Rodwell, didn't he?

Only a matter of time until he joins Gosling at Bournemouth, tbh.

10 games started in 2 years. 10 tackles. Swallowed up rather than nurtured. Nobody benefited at all except his bank balance tbh. ?5.5 million

Only a matter of time until he joins Gosling at Bournemouth, tbh.
True, true. Every time a promising young player goes to a club owned by an oligarch/Sheik/very rich person, they end up a shadow of their former self. It's happened regularly at Chelsea, City and Madrid in recent years.

Spurs aim to have Mauricio Pochettino as new manager within next 48 hours. Both parties in "advanced talks"

10 games started in 2 years. 10 tackles. Swallowed up rather than nurtured. Nobody benefited at all except his bank balance tbh. ?5.5 million

I remember saying it at the time that he was moving there too soon. Should have focused on getting a good season with Everton under his belt but instead he jumped on the chance to move to a big club after a handful of good games

Spurs confirm Mauricio Pochettino as new manager. 5 year deal

Spurs confirm Mauricio Pochettino as new manager. 5 year deal

Wow, Levy has gave a big contract to a manager who has had 1 good full season in Premier League..... he must love paying compensation.

Interestingly not a word of thanks from the Saints board-just the players.

Be interesting to see which players follow him out the door

Back