The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Is it just me or City are shockingly quiet this window. I guess FPP hit them more then expected.

Is it just me or City are shockingly quiet this window. I guess FPP hit them more then expected.

To be fair, their squad is ****** amazing as it is and it's only gotten stronger with the addition of Fernando. They really don't need to spend big this window

he has been quoted as saying more are coming that the squad is not complete, they got Fernando, Sagna and Caballero so far though

Soooo, GC, how's your dreams right now? I heard Swansea just crashed one :P

The Daily Star are reporting that Harry Redknapp is lining up Glenn Hoddle for a coaching role at Loftus Road.

WTF is happening with Southampton?! They re almost selling a couple of players each week. At this rate they ll need to bring more players than Tottenham did last season just to have a squad of 23!!

WTF is happening with Southampton?! They re almost selling a couple of players each week. At this rate they ll need to bring more players than Tottenham did last season just to have a squad of 23!!
Serious asset stripping, will be playing with Academy players this season. Would not supprise me if that woman puts the club up for sale soon.

think thay are having 1 of those closing down sales

Serious asset stripping, will be playing with Academy players this season. Would not supprise me if that woman puts the club up for sale soon.
IIRC when Cortese left it was over the timing of the future sale of the club in that she wanted it quickly and he wanted to wait at least another season

Get your dirty hands off him.

I'm sick and tired of the fans of big clubs circling like ******* vultures whenever there's a new link to a Southampton player.

Excuse me, but this has only come about through themselves letting all these players leave in the first place.

Excuse me, but this has only come about through themselves letting all these players leave in the first place.

Oh yeah, okay. Because keeping them is a viable alternative? Get real. Either the big clubs with all their money come and tempt them away or Southampton keep an unhappy player who plays like ***** (or pulls a Van Hoojidonk) and runs down his contract before leaving for free.

Oh yeah, okay. Because keeping them is a viable alternative? Get real. Either the big clubs with all their money come and tempt them away or Southampton keep an unhappy player who plays like ***** (or pulls a Van Hoojidonk) and runs down his contract before leaving for free.

It's certainly a viable option (if they are under contract, the club needs to grow some balls and stick it out if they have any ambition), some players would make a noise about it (Lovren) but not every player would resort to them measures.

But my point is, why should we keep away from Prowse? It's quite obvious he's one of their biggest potential talents still there and I don't see why we should not go for him, if Southampton are having a clearing out sale.

Last edited:
It's certainly a viable option (if they are under contract, the club needs to grow some balls and stick it out if they have any ambition), some players would make a noise about it (Lovren) but not every player would resort to them measures.

But my point is, why should we keep away from Prowse? It's quite obvious he's one of their biggest potential talents still there and I don't see why we should not go for him, if Southampton are having a clearing out sale.

Don't be ridiculous. It's easy for you, a United fan, to say that the club needs to stick it out, but realistically there's no way at all they could've kept the majority of the players that have gone so far. When your club captain, the man who kissed his badge and all but swore undying fealty to the club submits a transfer request and therefore loses out on lots of money just to move to another club, there's no way you're stopping them. Lovren would've thrown a strop like he did at Lyon, I'll bet you Lallana would have as well considering how he handled his departure, and there would've been uproar not just from the player and his agent if Luke Shaw wasn't allowed to leave.

United going for James Ward-Prowse would be a decent move for the club, despite the fact that he'd never get any ****** game time. I'm just annoyed at how Southampton have been so cannibalised. They're not 'having a clearing out sale', they're getting the heart and soul ripped out of their club, and it really annoys me to see the fans of all the big clubs fantasy picking and choosing from the metaphorical corpse. Ever since we nearly went under and everyone took our best players one by one it's been a sensitive point for me. And ****, at least when we went under we HAD to sell. Southampton quite clearly need these players, as evidenced by the big money being quoted for them, but they just can't hold onto them. It's sickening.

If nothing else, James Ward-Prowse shouldn't move to United because apparently no United fan actually knows his name is Ward-Prowse rather than just Prowse.

Back