The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
I think its a fantastic transfer for Palace. Given regular playing time he can hugely improve the side

I'm certainly very interested in it. He'll either do very well or just not get played at all. Pulis is not a fan of that kind of floaty non-working playmaker, after all. :P

I'm certainly very interested in it. He'll either do very well or just not get played at all. Pulis is not a fan of that kind of floaty non-working playmaker, after all. :P

Yeah, its a signing i wouldn't associate with Pulis but a good player to add nonetheless

Yeah, its a signing i wouldn't associate with Pulis but a good player to add nonetheless

Yeah, I mean Fraizer Campbell is a MUCH more typical Pulis signing. I'm just intrigued by Sigurdsson. Haven't had a player like him since Darren Ambrose.

Caulker's rumoured to be going to either us or QPR too, whoever gets him will get one **** of a centre back.

Yeah, I mean Fraizer Campbell is a MUCH more typical Pulis signing. I'm just intrigued by Sigurdsson. Haven't had a player like him since Darren Ambrose.

Caulker's rumoured to be going to either us or QPR too, whoever gets him will get one **** of a centre back.

It seemed Caulker was certain for QPR - then Palace - and now the move back to QPR is on...

I think a partnership of Rio and Caulker may work quite well (even though 'Arry has said he'll play three and add Richard Dunne)

It seemed Caulker was certain for QPR - then Palace - and now the move back to QPR is on...

I think a partnership of Rio and Caulker may work quite well (even though 'Arry has said he'll play three and add Richard Dunne)

Yeah that sounds like a pretty solid partnership provided Rio hasn't declined too much. Problem is, two of those three are very much over the hill and quite injury prone. Dunne wasn't good enough when Villa let him go, so I doubt he is now, and Rio can't play every week. They really need another good CB to complement those guys. I can definitely see QPR just imploding this season.

See it's weird, because I have Sigurdsson down as someone who's a bit out of our reach, and I'm very surprised we're linked strongly with him. He killed it with Hoffenheim and then Swansea, and was even reasonably effective at Spurs when he hardly got played and when he did it was often out of position.

He's also not exactly a Pulis player. Very intriguing transfer.

Ofcourse he's way too good for Palace. Who's not.

Wilf Zaha! :D

But seriously, he is a bit too good for us, which is why I'm so confused by this news.
I don't know If I can be serious. All these United transfer rumors and 'fails' pressure me to troll around and act like a fool. But I'll try.
Well, I always liked Gylfi. Heck, I once boosted him up to 88 on FIFA. He offers something Unique, in some extent similar to Michu. While Michu is better goalscorer, Gylfi is main creative outlet who will score goals from play or set pieces. Yea, he's not very mobile and despite his height, not very strong, but clever enough to use his technical qualities. He just needs playtime me thinks. With that said, I heard he has monster throw-ins, he'll be Pulis' second Delap :P

I don't know If I can be serious. All these United transfer rumors and 'fails' pressure me to troll around and act like a fool. But I'll try.
Well, I always liked Gylfi. Heck, I once boosted him up to 88 on FIFA. He offers something Unique, in some extent similar to Michu. While Michu is better goalscorer, Gylfi is main creative outlet who will score goals from play or set pieces. Yea, he's not very mobile and despite his height, not very strong, but clever enough to use his technical qualities. He just needs playtime me thinks. With that said, I heard he has monster throw-ins, he'll be Pulis' second Delap :P

Yeah, there's a reason I stopped listening to rumours unless they're ridiculously strong, it's ridiculous if you invest yourself in them too much. I agree with all you've said, I think the thing that most excites me is that X-Factor he has, the one that allows him to just crack off a 25 yard long shot out of nowhere or a no-look defence-splitting pass. Like I said, Palace haven't had a player like that since Darren Ambrose, and he was infinitely amazing to watch. So either way it'll be fun to watch.

Are you all raving about actual Gylfi, or about FM11 (or was it 12) Gylfi where SI went over the top with some stats and he was stealing golden balls from Messi.

Are you all raving about actual Gylfi, or about FM11 (or was it 12) Gylfi where SI went over the top with some stats and he was stealing golden balls from Messi.

Actual Gylfi, and I'm not sure we're raving about him. I do remember that FM12 Sigurdsson being ridiculous though.

Actual Gylfi, and I'm not sure we're raving about him. I do remember that FM12 Sigurdsson being ridiculous though.

Unfortunately it now seems he may be heading back to Swansea in a deal with Tottenham for Davies and Vorm

Unfortunately it now seems he may be heading back to Swansea in a deal with Tottenham for Davies and Vorm

Mhmm, so I saw. This is exactly why I was being sceptical about the deal. :P If it doesn't go through I'm not TOO devastated, because CPFC2010 are clearly doing things the right way and not getting into bidding wars. If we get him, very nice, if not, well he wasn't essential. I'm more worried about the left back situation.

Last edited:
Is that the report from the Daily Fail about him going back to Swansea?

He was pulled from the Seattle match last night. Spurs ITK's still indicate he is heading towards Palace.

Is that the report from the Daily Fail about him going back to Swansea?

He was pulled from the Seattle match last night. Spurs ITK's still indicate he is heading towards Palace.

Yeah - no actual credible source confirming where he is going yet

Like I said, there's a reason why I don't get too invested in rumours.

James to RM is pretty much done deal. Expected to be done by tomorrow.

Surprised QPR managed to get Caulker, thought he would of ended up at a bigger club.

Back