The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Anyone else as shocked as i am to see West Ham in 4th!? Watched them play in Australia & they were dreadful! Of course it was very early in pre season but i thought big Sam would be lucky to escape the country with his job. Think they lost to both Sydney fc (no shame there lol) & the Wellington Phoenix.

Anyone else as shocked as i am to see West Ham in 4th!? Watched them play in Australia & they were dreadful! Of course it was very early in pre season but i thought big Sam would be lucky to escape the country with his job. Think they lost to both Sydney fc (no shame there lol) & the Wellington Phoenix.

They may end up dropping few places but I'm really impressed with them. They mix physicality with some good football and Downing is playing really well for them.

Almost all their new signings looks good. Sakho, Valencia, Song all are very good buys.

They may end up dropping few places but I'm really impressed with them. They mix physicality with some good football and Downing is playing really well for them.

Almost all their new signings looks good. Sakho, Valencia, Song all are very good buys.

Yea don't think that is where they will finish by any means but it is a long way from where i expected them to be.

Agree that their additions have been fantastic so far. Didn't know much at all about Sakho or Valencia but they have been really impressive.

Yea don't think that is where they will finish by any means but it is a long way from where i expected them to be.

Agree that their additions have been fantastic so far. Didn't know much at all about Sakho or Valencia but they have been really impressive.

Last year around same time they were struggling real bad but this season they are flying high. Also Song has been excellent addition for them. With Carroll back they have added more to their fire power. Looks good bet for top half finish, maybe even Europa league place.

Last year around same time they were struggling real bad but this season they are flying high. Also Song has been excellent addition for them. With Carroll back they have added more to their fire power. Looks good bet for top half finish, maybe even Europa league place.

With all his injuries Carroll is as good as a new signing for them as well. If they can all stay fit a Europa spot is a real possibility, who'd of thunk it?

Was going to post this in the Man City thread but there's not one.

Was going to start one but thought if their fans cant be bothered neither can I. Lol

Anyway, just wanted to say how impressed ive been by David Silva this year. Was beginning to think we may have seen the best of him after a fairly quiet year last year (by his standards anyway) but from what ive seen he has been magnificent so far this term. If City can manage to combine A fully fit Sergio Aguero with an in form David Silva (not to mention the rest) its gunna be one **** of a title race!

Anyone think Tony Popovic will be considered for the newly vacant Crystal Palace job?

Know it would be a long shot & a big step up in class but what he has achieved with the Wanderers in Oz is nothing short of miraculous & he is a former player of theirs? Stranger things have happened. Would love to see it!

Harsh on Warnock, what were the board expecting and not even giving him a transfer window to get his own players in. The previous results:

The only poor result I'd say for Palace realistically is losing at home to Villa, all the others are respectable, not got a hope against City but pulled off decent performances everytime I seen them to manage draws against better teams like Swansea, Tottenham (where they could of even won) and Stoke.

Losing to a far better Southampton team 3-1 isn't all that bad, just feel should of had more time, with some fixtures that actually would be required to have more points from, too many draws but the majority of them opponents are better teams.

Harsh on Warnock, what were the board expecting and not even giving him a transfer window to get his own players in. The previous results:
The only poor result I'd say for Palace realistically is losing at home to Villa, all the others are respectable, not got a hope against City but pulled off decent performances everytime I seen them to manage draws against better teams like Swansea, Tottenham (where they could of even won) and Stoke.

Losing to a far better Southampton team 3-1 isn't all that bad, just feel should of had more time, with some fixtures that actually would be required to have more points from, too many draws but the majority of them opponents are better teams.

I think it was something to do with his comments as well where he said that Palace's 11th place finish last year was heavily down to luck or something along those lines. You could see in the Southampton game that he had lost the support of the fans as well. I think he should have been given more time myself and he probably would have beaten QPR in the next game

Yea, get the feeling they never really had faith in him. Seemed like an easy choice at a difficult time. As you said, the decision was harsh but it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Anyone think Tony Popovic will be considered for the newly vacant Crystal Palace job?

Know it would be a long shot & a big step up in class but what he has achieved with the Wanderers in Oz is nothing short of miraculous & he is a former player of theirs? Stranger things have happened. Would love to see it!

We love Popo and he's fond of us, but I can't help thinking it's too soon.

Harsh on Warnock

Someone hasn't watched us play this season.

what were the board expecting and not even giving him a transfer window to get his own players in.

HOW DARE THEY APPOINT WARNOCK AFTER PULIS LEFT US IN THE LURCH

Warnock knew the situation, he knew he wouldn't have time to bring anyone in. He felt he could handle it, so I'll judge him as such.

In which Warnock played Puncheon as a centre mid, Bolasie as a striker and Kelly as a right midfielder. The final straw, that game. At Selhurst we don't boo managers, but everyone, even the fanatics, shut up after the third goal and let him make his stupid changes in silence.

As expected.

Fine results, but horrifically uninspired. Lucky to get away with draws.

Awful performance and a scoreline to match.

Inspired by Bolasie and Jedi. Sounds familiar.

The points aren't the problem, the performance is. How we have this many points is beyond me. Every game we've gone into it with no discernable game plan and relied on the inconsistent brilliance of Bolasie in attack and Jedinak's excellence in defence to try and win games. At no point have we looked like a team. We have the same team as last year, plus McArthur (who has been good) and yet we play nothing like the team we were, and instead look like a collection of individuals.

Yea, get the feeling they never really had faith in him. Seemed like an easy choice at a difficult time. As you said, the decision was harsh but it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

They had faith in him. Say what you want about the board but they back their managers. They tried to turn down Holloway's resignation twice. Warnock had lost the players and the fans, and the board merely took the expected action.

We love Popo and he's fond of us, but I can't help thinking it's too soon.

Someone hasn't watched us play this season.

Fine results, but horrifically uninspired. Lucky to get away with draws.

Awful performance and a scoreline to match.

Hold on what, I'll admit I'm no regular watcher of Crystal Palace but I have seen them play this season. I don't think what you're saying is very fair, against Spurs at White Hart Lane you were the better side and could, probably should of won that match. I don't know why you were lucky to get away with a draw from that game, simply better that day.

Warnock doesn't have a good record in this league so I'm not really surprised it didn't work out for him and you're right it does seem from the comments on other sites that he had lost the fans so the time was limited, I just think it was a bit too soon to react so bad from what I saw you never seemed like a side that was not working together for the cause.

Hold on what, I'll admit I'm no regular watcher of Crystal Palace but I have seen them play this season. I don't think what you're saying is very fair, against Spurs at White Hart Lane you were the better side and could, probably should of won that match. I don't know why you were lucky to get away with a draw from that game, simply better that day.

Not really. Apart from Wilf we were mostly uninspired in attack, and the best chance of the game fell to them. Luckily Ward is OP. I perhaps did it a disservice by calling it lucky to get a draw, but had Ward not cleared it off the line we'd have lost, so I guess it's still true just in a different sense.

Warnock doesn't have a good record in this league so I'm not really surprised it didn't work out for him and you're right it does seem from the comments on other sites that he had lost the fans so the time was limited, I just think it was a bit too soon to react so bad from what I saw you never seemed like a side that was not working together for the cause.

Not too soon at all. We're hitting the transfer window in a few days. If we'd given Warnock more time to make meh signings and then he'd ballsed it up we'd then be there two months on having lost even more points and with no way to strengthen. The time is exactly right. We gave him enough time to settle in and implement a system, it hasn't been working so ta-ra for now Colin.

They had faith in him. Say what you want about the board but they back their managers. They tried to turn down Holloway's resignation twice. Warnock had lost the players and the fans, and the board merely took the expected action.

Was just the feeling i got at the time. Wasn't a crack at the board or anything. Can't claim to be a Palace board expert lol

Anyway, appears Tim Sherwood is the front runner for the job. Opinion? Anyone else you'd (or anyone else for that matter) like to see?

Was just the feeling i got at the time. Wasn't a crack at the board or anything. Can't claim to be a Palace board expert lol

Anyway, appears Tim Sherwood is the front runner for the job. Opinion? Anyone else you'd (or anyone else for that matter) like to see?

I don't even know at this point. I don't hate Tactics Timmy, I think he deserves a fair shake at a job in the Prem, I just wish it wasn't with us in case he's ****. :P

I don't even know at this point. I don't hate Tactics Timmy, I think he deserves a fair shake at a job in the Prem, I just wish it wasn't with us in case he's ****. :P

Ha ha ha, Best answer ever!!! :P

I know what you mean though. He never set the world alight at tottenham but it seems he was just as successful as anyone since.

8fc755ab483b8ac6f242acafae4dbb0b_normal.jpeg
Jonas Giæver @CheGiaevara Follow Last RT; Cadena COPE reporting that Manchester City have bid €42m for Atlético Madrid's Mario Mandzukic

Back