The Premier League Thread

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Brighton & Hove Albion

@OfficialBHAFC

✍️

Albion have today completed the signing of Belgian defender Lars Dendoncker on a two-year contract.

??

#BHAFC

?

⚪️

Oh the prosecutions opening lines are priceless-

''DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I am the Captain of Manchester United!I am very rich. I can pay you I am very rich, I can give you money, I can pay you, please let us go."

One can only presume the natural reply was 'We don't give a flying F who you think you are. You're in Greece now you sofa headed melt!'

This is ace funny. I wouldn't trust the word of a Greek copper at all but then I wouldn't dream of attacking one to put myself in the position where I had to defend myself against his word. In Greece.

Manchester City are crunching the numbers to work out if they would be able to sign Lionel Messi without breaching Financial Fair Play rules if the Barcelona star becomes available says ESPN....

Why are they bothered about FFP? They never have before.

''DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I am the Captain of Manchester United!I am very rich. I can pay you I am very rich, I can give you money, I can pay you, please let us go."

One can only presume the natural reply was 'We don't give a flying F who you think you are. You're in Greece now you sofa headed melt!'

This is ace funny. I wouldn't trust the word of a Greek copper at all but then I wouldn't dream of attacking one to put myself in the position where I had to defend myself against his word. In Greece.
Let the court decide who is quilt or not. Both sides have their stories.

Harry Maguire’s legal team are requesting a postponement to the case, claiming they didn’t have sufficient time to prepare.

Maguire’s lawyer Alexis Anagnostakis said the list of charges was finalised just yesterday, so he only received a hard copy of the file this morning - two hours ahead of today’s trial. He didn’t even have the time to discuss in depth with his clients, he says.

Court is taking a break to consider this submission from Maguire legal team for an adjournment.

The lawyer for Harry Maguire says he has in his possession a video from outside the police station on Mykonos which he says shows the three defendants on the night in state of “extreme agony” which he needs more time to verify.

Defence lawyer getting very animated as he repeatedly asks for an adjournment and is repeatedly denied by the judge.

the trial is now going ahead today - against the wishes of Harry Maguire’s defence team.

Maguire’s defence claim two Albanian men approached his sister Daisy, they injected her with something and she immediately fainted. They called their van and asked to be driven to hospital, but driver took them to the police department. 1/2

Defence say that when they arrived at police station they were assaulted by officers who kicked Harry on his leg telling him “your career is over”.

The prosecution team say plain clothes police officers intervened to try calm the situation down but the “English men” did not calm down and one of the defendants said “****, **** the police” and one of the defendants punched an officer.

Prosecution allege that once at the police station Harry Maguire said: “Do you know who I am? I am the captain of Manchester United, I am very rich, I can give you money, I can pay you, please let us go”

Police officer (witness for prosecution) now being cross examined by Maguire lawyer. He says he didn’t see two Albanian men hitting the English group. He is asked by lawyer how, then, he would explain the serious injuries found on one of defendants by the medical examination.

A second police officer called by prosecution offers a similar story to the first. He claims that at the police station Harry Maguire said to him: “please, let me go, I am very rich, I can pay, I am the leader of Manchester United.”

Another police officer now giving evidence. He says during handcuffing Harry Maguire pushed him hard and he fell back hurting his back. Also says he was injured on the leg. He says he was injected with painkillers and took the next day off to recover.

Greek court usually concludes for the day at 3pm (which is the time now) but can continue longer in exceptional circumstances. The prosecution lawyer says he is very confident the case will be concluded today.

There's a few more corrupted countries than mine, and Greece is one of them. For a right sum, you can do anything there.

Lmao, Maguire's version of events sounds made up by someone who watched too much B-class thrillers.

Two Albanians approached them and just started injecting the sister out of nowhere? How do you even know they were Albanian for that matter, they had Albania flag tatooed on their faces?

Then the driver (who I'm assuming they hire) drives them to police station against their wishes.

Then once in police station the coppers just attack them for no sensible reason I can understand.

Like...what.

Simon Stone
@sistoney67
Khaldoon on Pep future after 20-21: "Pep + I have very clear understanding about what is right for club + what isn't. Clear alignment of where we see future + what we want. Will be comfortable convo + will work out best way for Pep, me + club. I’m very comfortable about that."

Got him I. My provisional FF team

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
Jamie Vardy - last season’s Golden Boot winner - is signing a new contract at Leicester. Extension to 2023 will take him to his 36th birthday. One of the best ever signings for #lcfc