The 'Rate my Kit' Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3K
  • Views Views 430K
Just to say, I am going to do the kit I said for the away and do a different coloured one for the third so any ideas?

Just used project dummy for the 1st time, the result will be up in the Brazil part of the World cup winners voting, when its ready. :)

Not bad, I quite like being able to edit shorts and socks, but think its a bit 'cartoony', will still prob use again, but I never really stick to one template style atm :)

Nice template tho, can tell alot of time has gone into it, well done. :)

Cheers.

The thing with SS is that they focus on the shirts and make this super realistic 500x500 template but we tried to do a 160x160 style as that is in game size which shows everything.

Isn't this rate my kit not rate the style I am using?

True, it is. But, a factor of rating kits is also how they look to the person in question; thus, if I don't like the style you've used to create your kit (regardless of what that style is) then I'm not going to score it as highly as I would if it were made in a style that I prefer.

I didn't call your kit bad, nor did I say that I didn't like it. I simply said it would have scored higher (from me) if the style used was different.

Cheers.

The thing with SS is that they focus on the shirts and make this super realistic 500x500 template but we tried to do a 160x160 style as that is in game size which shows everything.

It's a good and unique way of doing it, and is a different option for people to use. :)

I will warn you, I changed the colour of the 'Dummy' because when I made my away kit, the kit didn't actually stand out, as it was a dark grey.

It should do slightly as the kit layer has a shadow to seperate it ;).

Now my England away kits:
21zpde.jpg
vqjo1f.jpg

Here's my kit took me about 2 weeks to make now been adding bits day by day , this is my masterpiece and i don't think ill ever make a kit as good as this again , The collar is a bit **** though i must admit
The team is a custom team i have made on the game called Jerusalem United , My team captain is Jesus Navas

Please rate these

View attachment 80646 View attachment 80647

These two are the first kits I've ever made so can you please tell me how I could improve them and what you'd rate them out of 10 please :) Cheers :D

For first kits, they are very good. Probably hitting 6/10.

Only 1 real problem, for me, which is that on the away kit, the sponsor doesn't really blend into the kit too well; I know it's supposed to stand out a bit, but I think that the render or image you've used is a little frayed around the edges, and this gets shown up a bit on the away kit, although weirdly not on the home.

Also, try and experiment using multiple styles from the templates; and perhaps just add in something you've put together yourself through some editing patterns or something. However, if you are going to do this, be careful you don't over-do it and ensure that the shirt isn't too 'full' of design.

Good start though! :)

For first kits, they are very good. Probably hitting 6/10.

Only 1 real problem, for me, which is that on the away kit, the sponsor doesn't really blend into the kit too well; I know it's supposed to stand out a bit, but I think that the render or image you've used is a little frayed around the edges, and this gets shown up a bit on the away kit, although weirdly not on the home.

Also, try and experiment using multiple styles from the templates; and perhaps just add in something you've put together yourself through some editing patterns or something. However, if you are going to do this, be careful you don't over-do it and ensure that the shirt isn't too 'full' of design.

Good start though! :)

Thanks :D I will definitely take your advice on board there because you obviously have more talent in making kits than me and it can only make me better at making them ^^)

Thanks :D I will definitely take your advice on board there because you obviously have more talent in making kits than me and it can only make me better at making them ^^)

Haha, cheers for the compliment :)

Now, here are my Arsenal kits which I've been working on for most of today. I've taken a 'classic' theme to heart - Home colour scheme is from the last year at Highbury, Away is one of our classic Away kit designs, and the Third is a bend on our last-season third kit. Comments etc. are always welcomed:

2dm9mdw.png
308gqpx.png
25k66vm.png

Haha, cheers for the compliment :)

Now, here are my Arsenal kits which I've been working on for most of today. I've taken a 'classic' theme to heart - Home colour scheme is from the last year at Highbury, Away is one of our classic Away kit designs, and the Third is a bend on our last-season third kit. Comments etc. are always welcomed:

2dm9mdw.png
308gqpx.png
25k66vm.png

Veeeery smexy 10/10

Love the design on the away kit, especially the blue with faded stripes, the home looks great with the delicate patterns and the 'gun' from the badge at the corner and the third is personally my favourite because its a traditional away kit which looks great all over

Love the design on the away kit, especially the blue with faded stripes, the home looks great with the delicate patterns and the 'gun' from the badge at the corner and the third is personally my favourite because its a traditional away kit which looks great all over

Thanks haha, appreciate it. :)

Veeeery smexy 10/10

Cheers mate :)

Last edited:
Heres a couple of United kits I just done. Done each 1 twice as I couldnt pick between the sponsers
Option 1:
Home:
Away:

Option 2:
Home:
Away:

Back