Goals: Gauld, Adam

----------------------------------------------------------------------

20th​ December 2014
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346659

Rangers (4-0) Dumbarton
Att: 48,477
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: MacLeod, Donnelly, Aird, Andersen (OG)

27th​ December 2014
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346661

Rangers (3-0) Morton
Att: 48,713
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Donnelly (2), Graham

Other News

This month the club was held to ransom by Lewis MacLeod, who wanted a new contract following his impressive display against Dunfermline. The club gave him a new contract, which will keep him at the club till 2019 on £3,000 a week, double the amount he was previously on. Ross Perry also signed a new contract this month as his contract was coming to an end this year. He has been give a contract till 2018 on £3,000 per week, double his current salary.​
One player was able to reach a milestone this month, with Lee Wallace making his 100th​ league appearance for Rangers.

Summary

The club has returned to winning ways this month, winning all five league games this month in convincing fashion. Unfortunately, following defeat to rangers this month, Kilmarnock sacked their manager Steve Lomas.
The club were able to take back the Manager of the Month award, whist retaining the Young Player of the Month as well as win the Player of the Month award.​
In terms of statistics the club has started to claw back the top goalscorer title, with Ryan Donnelly again leap frogging Robert Adam and taking second place. In terms of assists, Lewis MacLeod has had a brilliant month, leading the pack.

View attachment 346816

Ignore the thumbnail, my laptop crashed on me unfortunately when I did not charge it, so I had to replay the month, thus the thumbnails are from the first attempt, to be honest they show that the club performed well either way.

Last edited:
January

Results

3rd​ January 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346735

Falkirk (2-4) Rangers
Att: 6,933
The Falkirk Stadium

Goals: Faure, Little, Black, Templeton

7th​ January 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346737

Rangers (5-0) Livingston
Att: 48, 518
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham (2), Templeton, Donnelly, Fabianski

10th​ January 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346739

Rangers (3-0) Hamilton
Att: 48,675
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Perry, Faure, Adam

17th​ January 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346740

Cowdenbeath (0-0) Rangers
Att: 3,815
Central Park

24th​ January 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346741

Partick Thistle (0-1) Rangers
Att: 10,887
Firhill

Goals: Donnelly

Transfers

The club has made two permanent signings this month, and one loan signing. The club brought in John McGinn for £10,000 from St Mirren, he was available to sign a pre-contract but it would have cost the club £450,000. He has signed a contract to 2018 on £1,500 a week. The club also signed Mathias Leipertz on a free transfer. The young German had been out of contract following his release from Leverkusen in the summer. He signed till 2019 on £3,000 per week.
The club also signed Islam Feruz from Chelsea on loan till the end of the season. The club will not pay any of his wage contribution over the course of the loan. It is an excellent opportunity for me to cast my eye over the young player at a competitive level.
The club also loaned out four players: Blair Currie, Jamie Mills, Darren Ramsey and Craig Amos.

Other News

Darren Ramsey has signed a new contract for the club, keeping him at the club till 2017 on £300 per week, an increase of £270 per week. The club also renewed Garry Graham’s contract, keeping him at the club till 2017 on £3,000 per week, an increase of £2,800.

The club has several players reach milestones this month. Andy Little made his 50th​ league appearance for rangers in the 3-0 victory over Hamilton. Lukasz Fabianski scored his first goal for the club against Livingston in the 5-0 victory. The goal came from a clearance that bounced over the opposition keeper’s head and into the open goal. Fabianski also made his 25th​ league appearance for the club against Partick Thistle. In the same game Islam Feruz played his first league game.

Summary

The club dropped points again this month after failing to score against Cowdenbeath. It was very frustrating as the team dominated the game but were unable to break their defence. The club did manage to win the other four league games this month, including against second place Falkirk.
The club managed to win Player of the Month and Manager of the Month this month, which is good as we dropped points.
In term of statistics for the players the club is still not doing brilliantly well, with Lewis MacLeod heading the assists, but Ryan Donnelly being two goals behind the divisions top goalscorer, Kris Doolan.​

Results​

1st​ February 2015

Scottish Cup (5th​ Round)

View attachment 346864

Hearts (0-5) Rangers
Att: 17,590
Tynecastle Stadium

Goals: Donnelly (2), MacLeod (2), McGinn

7th​ February 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346867

Morton (1-2) Rangers
Att: 10,225
Cappielow Park

Goals: Graham, Hutton

Scottish 1st Division Champions

14th​ February 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346868

Kilmarnock (0-2) Rangers
Att: 10,169
Rugby Park

Goals: Gauld, McKay

21st​ Febuary 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346870

Rangers (4-1) Dunfermline
Att: 48,647
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Adam (2), Aird, Duffie

International

Scotland manager, Gordon Strachan, called up five players, Lee Wallace, Ryan Gauld, Garry Graham, Robert Adam and Mark O’Hara for the Four Associations Tournament match against Ireland. Only one, Lee Wallace, featured in the match, achieving a 7.0 rating.

CountrySquadPlayerResult
ScotlandMainWallaceScotland (3-1) Ireland

Other News

A number of players reached their milestones this month. Lukasz Fabianski played his 125th league game against Dunfermline this month. Kyle Hutton and Mark O'Hara reached their 75th league appearance for Rangers, both against Morton, the game that they lifted the 1st Division trophy. Luca Gasparotto made his 50th league appearance for Rangers in the teams 4-1 victory. Ryan Gauld also reached his 25th league appearance for Rangers. Finally, Kieran Duffie scored his first league goal against Dunfermline.

Summary

The club won all three league games this month, however we did concede three goals in those games, which is slightly disappointing, so I will work on defensive discipline over the next month. The club managed to win the league with victory over Morton.
The club picked up the awards for Player of the Month and Young Player of the Month. Unfortunately we just missed out on Player of the Month by 0.07 of a rating. But still an excellent month.
In terms of individual statistics the club has fallen behind in the race for the top goalscorer, unfortunately Ryan Donnelly does not seem to be scoring, so I have had to play Robert Adam quite a bit, who then does not score himself, so it is a bit of a mess.

View attachment 346886

The club has progressed in the Scottish Cup after hammering Hearts 5-0. We have Celtic in the next round, but we finally have them at home, it should be a close game, and I can not wait to give them a good hiding... I wish.

View attachment 346887

Last edited:

Results
1st​ March 2015
Scottish Cup (Qtr Final)

View attachment 346889

Rangers (3-2) Celtic
Att: 50,987
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Adam (2), Perry

7th​ March 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346891

Dumbarton (0-4) Rangers
Att: 2,025
Dumbarton Football Stadium

Goals: Donnelly (2), Shiels, Little

14th​ March 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346892

Rangers (2-0) Falkirk
Att; 48,798
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Wallace, Perry

28th​ March 2015
Friendly

View attachment 346893

Rangers (7-2) Cambuslang Rangers
Att: 16,135
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: McCulloch (2), Shiels, Adam, Hoult, McDonald (2)

Internationals

Eighteen players from Rangers were called up for international duty this month, including four for Scotland’s main team. However, only fifteen featured for their country. The standout performers were: McGhee (8.5), Adam (8.3) who scored, Gosparotto (8.3), Wallace (8.1) and Fenuz (8.1) who also scored for his country.

CountrySquadPlayersResults
ScotlandMainWallace, Gauld, O'HaraScotland (4-0) S. Africa
CanadaMainGasparotto Canada (1-0) Bolivia
PolandMainFabianski Poland (0-3) Romania
ScotlandU-21Adam, Feruz, MacLoad, Graham Scotland (6-0) Moldova
WalesU-21Bromage, Hoult, HumphriesWales (4-0) San Marino
ScotlandU-19McGhee, Pascazio, AmosScotland (3-0) Belarus
GermanyU-19LeipertzGermany (2-1) Romania

During the international break the club organised a friendly against affiliated club Cambuslang Rangers. It gave me an opportunity to evaluate my youth team, which will be gutted over the summer as the club has too many players. The friendly brought in £278,000, after the £22,000 fee was paid.

Transfers

The club was able to bring in Roberto Gandola on a free transfer this month. The young Italian has been without a club since AC Milan released him last summer. The twenty year old has signed a contract till 2018 on £2,000 per month.

Youth Players

The club has brought in several youth players this month from our academy, unfortunately none meet the standard of Garry Graham, but there were two standout players: Gregor McDonald and George Henderson.

Other News

Two players, Mathias Leipertz and Roberto Gandola, made their debuts this month for the club against Dumbarton. The players both played well achieving a rating of 7.0 and 7.6 respectively.

Summary

A quiet month really as we only played two league games. We won both games with relative ease and fielded a number of second string players for the game against Dumbarton.
This month the club were only able win Manager of the Month, it is a concern that few of my players this season have won many awards, which says that they are unable to maintain their form throughout the month.
Ryan Donnelly this month has done well, scoring two goals which puts him one goal behind the top goalscorer. We maintain the highest number of assists, with Ryan Gauld also rising in the rankings.
Finally, the club has progress to the semi final of the Scottish Cup after beating Celtic 3-2 at Ibrox Stadium. We were 3-1 ahead and coasting but conceded late, giving me a nervy last few minutes. We will play bottom of SPL, Ross County, in the next round.

Results

4th​ April 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346917

Rangers (1-0) Cowdenbeath
Att: 40, 616
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Gauld

11th​ April 2015
Scottish Cup (Semi Final)

View attachment 346920

Rangers (1-0) Ross County
Att: 52,063
Hampden Park

Goals: O’Hara

18th​ April 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346918

Livingston (1-6) Rangers
Att: 8,354
Almondvale Stadium

Goals: Aird (2), Hutton, O’Hara, Gauld, Adam

25th​ April 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346919

Hamilton (0-2) Rangers
Att: 6,078
New Douglas Park

Goals: Donnelly, Hutton

Other News

One player reached a landmark this month. Kyle Hutton played his 100th career league game against Hamilton. A game that saw him mark his achievement with a goal.

Summary

We won all three game this month in convincing fashion, only conceding one goal in a 6-1 hammering of Livingston.
The club won Manager of the Month and Young Player of the Month this month. Unfortunately we missed out on Player of the Month by 0.13.

View attachment 346926 View attachment 346927 View attachment 346928

Ryan Donnelly is still just one goal behind in terms of top goalscorer, with two games to overtake left. A similar story for assists, with Gauld and MacLeod being over taken by Kris Doolan, but are still just one goal behind.

View attachment 346931

The club has progressed to the final of the Scottish Cup, this will be my first major final and will also give me the opportunity to qualify for Europe in my first season in the Scottish Premiership. We progress thanks to a good performance against Ross County.

May
End of Season

View attachment 346935

Results

2nd​ May 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346941

Rangers (0-0) Partick Thistle
Att: 49, 981
Ibrox Stadium

9th​ Mar 2015
Scottish 1st​ Division

View attachment 346943

Rangers (2-0) Morton
Att: 48,731
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Donnelly, Templeton

24th May 2015
Scottish Cup (Final)

View attachment 346945

Rangers (2-0) Dundee United
Att: 50,290
Hampden Park

Goals: Donnelly, MacLeod

Other News

The club are pleased to announce that David Templeton has agree to extend his stay at the club to 2018, he will remain on £10,000 a week, which I think is a little too much, but unfortunately he will not sign for less.

View attachment 346981

Three players have reached milestones this month, the most impressive is Lee Wallace who played his 250th league game. Barrie McKay made his 75th league appearance for the club as well. Finally, Ryan Donnelly scored his 75th league goal for Rangers.

View attachment 346948 View attachment 346949 View attachment 346950

Lee McCulloch has set his date of retirement for in one years time on the 24th May 2016. He is currently unsure whether he will remain in the game or not.

Under-19 Goalkeeping Coach, Alan Rough, has decided to retire in one years time on the 24th May 2016. It will be a shame to lose such an experienced coach but I am sure we will find a suitable replacement. Stephen Glass has also decided to retire football on the same date.​

Yearly Training Summary

Assistant Manager, Neil Murray, has published this years yearly training summary. It makes excellent reading for both the first team and the youth team.

The following players have shown signs of progression this year within the first team: Kyle Hutton, Ryan Donnelly and Garry Graham. With Robert Adam improving significantly.

View attachment 346954

The following players have shown signs of progression this year within the youth team: Niall Harkiss and Jordan McGhee. The following two players have improved remarkably: Josh Burke, Tommy Byrne and Stuart Hoult.

View attachment 346956 View attachment 346957 View attachment 346958

Unfortunately some players failed to impress this season in training: Lee McCulloch, Craig Gordon and Stephen Glass. As two of these are coaches and the other is my captain I am not really concerned at the moment by this. However, one youth player, Connor McDougall has decline, and as such I will be looking to move him on ASAP.

Affiliated Club and Loans
View attachment 346960

My affiliated club, Berwick Rangers, finished 7th in the Scottish 3rd​ Division. The four players set out on loan have all returned from their loan happy to be returning to the club. They performed reasonably well, as shown below:

PlayerAppearancesGoals/ConcededAssists/Clean SheetsRatings
Gallacher250/190/106.94
Gallagher29916.72
McGregor32036.41
Murdoch29216.73

The club also loaned out several other players this season, how they performed is in the graph below:

PlayersAppearancesGoals/ConcededAssists/Clean SheetsRatings
Urquhart46036.76
Gibson32006.71
Telfer36236.67
Pascazio28116.94
Currie30/80/05.73
Walsh39616.40
Halkett41906.50
Amos0000
Ramsey11306.77
Mills3106.87

End of Season Summary

The season is finally at an end. Rangers have run away with the league, drawing three games and only dropping six points all season. We are the only team to gain promotion, but Falkirk played brilliantly well and will hopefully make the step up next season.
The end of season statistics make disappointing reading for the team, Ryan Donnelly missing out on joint top goalscorer by one goals and Ryan Gauld and Lewis MacLeod also missing out on top assister by just one goal. AT least we had the best average ratings throughout the course of the year.

After yet another successful year, it is perhaps unsurprising that Rangers players have managed to win a number of awards. Lewis MacLeod managed to win Player of the Year, which will go nicely with his one from the last two season. I have also won Manager of the Year again.
The club can also boast six of the eleven players who featured in the Team of the Year.

This seasons team statistics are:

Statistics12/1313/1414/15
Games535050
Goals Scored172 (3.2)162 (3.2)148 (3.0)
Goals Conceded30 (0.6)33 (0.7)20 (0.4)
Yellow Cards95 (1.8)90 (1.8)88 (1.8)
Red cards4 (0.1)3 (0.1)4 (0.1)
Average Attendance
Average Attendance Percentage
84%89%90%
Sellouts21218

The end of season overview is below:

View attachment 346990 View attachment 346991 View attachment 346992

The fans decided that Lewis MacLeod was their player of the year, which is a huge achievement for someone so young, he has been outstanding all season, and I would have given him the award myself. The Best Eleven is also below:

Team Evaluation
2014-2015

View attachment 346996
Finances

After a loss of loss £2,542,239 in the previous season, I am pleased to say the club has made a profit of £11,010,315 over the last twelve months. This is despit having to give several players, such as Garry Graham, Lewis MacLeod and Ross Perry new contracts. The club owed much of the profits to the season tickets (£20,161,000), gate receipts (£15,530,507) and match day income (£6,086,487).
There will not be any big waged players leaving this summer, in fact some will most likely come in, but I will say the maximum wage for any player will be £20,000, which is still less than Celtic by £25,000. I hope prices go up again this year so we can gather more income. Also the clubs should profit from playing in Europe and the £458,000 for Premier League TV rights.

The Team

The club has a decent squad for the forthcoming season, with adequate cover in ever position, except for right back, but that is because James Tavernier has returned to Newcastle. The squad looks weak in centre midfield, so I will look to be signing an experience centre midfielder who will be able to dominated Scottish Premier League games.
The three standout players at the club are Lee Wallace (Vice Captain), Garry Graham and Lukasz Fabianski. The only new face in my three key players is Fabianski, who joined on a free last season. Since then he has performed well in both league and cup, keeping 28 clean sheets and conceding only 20 goals all season.

The club has excellent young players, which have pushed to get into the first team. The three standout young players for the forthcoming season are Ryan Gauld, Robert Adam and Fraser Aird. All three made excellent progress last season, with two being called up for the Scottish international squad.

The Staff

The staff remains much the same as last season and I am unlikely to change it about because it has been successful so far. With Alan Rough retiring next year I might look for a replacement soon. I might also sign a scout so I can get more scout reports and thus find future stars more easily.

Congrats on winning the Scottish Cup! I hope you can go far in the Europa League next season.
BTW, I just read the 7 pages and I will continue doing so.

Congrats on winning the Scottish Cup! I hope you can go far in the Europa League next season.
BTW, I just read the 7 pages and I will continue doing so.

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed, I am expected to get to the group stages of Europa, I plan to get to the play offs with any luck.

Friendlies

I was unsure when I would be expected to play in the Euro Cup qualifying so it was hard to judge when to start arranging friendlies, but I counted these games as friendlies as well. I managed to arrange four friendlies with two big and two minor teams. The friendlies will all be played at home and will generate £1,756,000 for the club, after fees have been paid.

Friendly

Rangers (5-1) Cambuslang Rangers
Att: 16,326
Ibrox Stadium

Friendly

Rangers (8-1) Rossvale
Att: 16,321
Ibrox Stadium

Friendly

Rangers (0-1) Tottenham
Att: 39.196
Ibrox Stadium

Friendly

Rangers (0-4) Man United
Att: 48, 666
Ibrox Stadium​

Not the best results ever, the United game was particularly bad, this is most likely due to being sandwiched between two UEFA Cup games. An odd situation in terms of attendances, they are up against the lower teams by about 300, but down on last seasons United game.

Affiliations and Loans
The club has again sent four players out on loan to Berwick Rangers in the hope that they will progress as footballers. The players this season are: Roddy Hodge, Lewis Donaldson, Josh Burke and Calum Gallagher. All are young players who will hopefully progress as footballers due to first team football.

The club has also loaned out sixteen other players who have excellent potential but will not get first team football this season. The majority of these went to Scottish 1st Division clubs, such as: Mathias Leipertz (Falkirk), Roberto Gandola (Dunfermline), Stuart Urquhart (Kilmarnock), Loïc Moine (Kilmarnock), Greg Pascazio (Kilmarnock), Tom Walsh (Livingston) and Charlie Telfer (Falkirk).​
The club also loaned out several players out to English club, these players are: Craig Amos (Hartlepool), John McGinn (Notts Co), David Humphries (Notts Co), Stuart Hoult (Tranmere) and Fraser Aird (Preston).
The club also loaned out a Luca Gasparotto to fellow SPL club St Mirren, since signing a new centre back this season he would simply not have gotten enough games, so it is better to loan him out and hope he improves over the course of the year.
The club has also loaned out: Andy Murdoch, Darren Ramsey and Craig Halkett.

Staff Changes

The club has brought in three new members of staff during pre-season. None of the staff cost the club anything in fees as all had either just been released or had only recently retired from playing. The club has brought in Alan Stubbs as a defensive coach, as I felt my defenders had not progressed enough last season, he will cost the club £1,000 per month. For similar reasons the club brought in Andrew Corbett as a youth coach, he has recently retired from his playing career, where he spent ten years at Burton Albion.
He will cost the club £350 per week. Finally, the club has brought in a Wilfried Dalmat as a scout, he has recently retired from his playing career. He will cost the club £450 per week.

Overall, the club has added £1,800 to the staff wage budget, so £93,600 per season. This is not much and hopefully it will help my players develop.

Transfers

Loan signing, James Tavernier, has returned to Newcastle. The youngster made 22 appearances for the club, achieving a 7.57 rating. However, Kieran Duffie became first choice last season, so I saw little point of holding onto him for another season.
The club signed Alan Hutton on loan as a replacement, hoping he will one day rejoin the club, although on significantly reduced wages. The club will not contribute anything to his wages while he is at the club, and have paid nothing for the loan.
Staying at right back, the club has rejected a £500,000 offer for Kieran Duffie during the pre-season from Brighton. This would have made a £415,000 profit. However, after careful scouting I was unable to find a player good enough to replace Duffie, other than Serdar Yaman of Galatasaray. Unfortunately my £2,000,000 bid was rejected so I did not sell Duffie.

The club has brought in three free players this summer, they are: Loïc Moine, Rainford Kalaba and Julien Lemarchand. Moine has already been loaned out by the club, but he has signed a contract till 2020 on £3,500 per week. Kalaba is a Zambia international, boasting 85 caps, he has signed till 2018 on £10,000 per week. Finally, Lamarchand was released by PSG, and has signed till 2018 on £8,000 per week. To sign him I had to fight it out with Manchester United.
Finally, the club has signed Stuart Armstrong for £1,000,000 from Dundee United. We had to battle it out with Celtic for his signing and were successful. He will cost the club £6,000 per week till 2019.​
This summer the club has lost five players. Andy Little has left the club for Notts County for £350,000 and 20% of his next sale. I also sold Ryan Fulton to Derry City for £20,000 and 50% of the profits they make on him, he never played for the club, but I felt was not good enough. The club also sold Scott Gallacher for £1,000 and 50% of any profits. The club also released Aaron McGregor and Jordan Wilson. Overall the club has saved about £4,000 per week.

Overall, the club has spent £625,000 on players this season and increased the wage budget by £23,500, so £1,222,000 per season. This is a lot but I believe the players that have been brought in will be amazing SPL players, and in the case of Lamarchand, a world class player of the future.

Results

16th​ July 2015
Euro Cup (2nd​ Qual Round)

View attachment 347331

Ordabasy (0-4) Rangers
Att: 6,213
Hadjimunkan Munaytposov Stadion

Goals: Donnelly, Armstrong, Gauld, McDonald

23rd​ July 2015

View attachment 347331

Rangers (3-0) Ordabasy
Rangers win (7-0) on aggregate
Att: 48, 427
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Adam, Black, Templeton

26th July 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 347329

Rangers (1-0) St Johnstone
Att 48, 537
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Armstrong

30th​ July 2015

View attachment 347332

Trnava (0-3) Rangers
Att: 11,154
Stadion Antona Malatinskeho

Goals: Faure, Adam, Shiels

Other News

Centre back, Ross Perry, has knee tendonitis, which will keep him out of the team for six months. The twenty-five year old was due to be second choice this season, but with his injury the club will reply upon Jordan McGhee, who has already played three time in Europe this season.

Summary

There is little point in doing a full summary after playing only one game. As for Europe, the team have performed as well as can be expected, we have fielded weakened teams, with the likes of Jordan McGhee, Craig Gordon, Liam **** and Gregor McDonald all getting opportunities to play.

Last edited:

Results
6th​ August 2015
Euro Cup (3rd​ Qual Round)

View attachment 347471

Rangers (6-0) Trnava
Rangers win 8-0 on aggregate
Att: 48, 745
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Armstrong (4), Shiels, Graham

9th​ August 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 347473

Hearts (0-2) Rangers
Att: 17, 263
Tynecastle Stadium

Goals: Donnelly, Gauld

16th​ August 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 347476

Rangers (4-2) Motherwell
Att: 49, 983
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Kalaba (2), Graham, Adam

20th​ August 2015
Euro Cup (Playoff)

View attachment 347479

Dnipro (0-4) Rangers
Att: 31,000
Arena-Dnipro

Goals: Kalaba (2), Donnelly (2)

23rd​ August 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 347480

Rangers (4-0) Raith
Att: 48,568
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Black, MacLeod, McKay, Armstrong

20th​ August 2015
Euro Cup (Playoff)

View attachment 347479

Rangers (2-1) Dnipro
Rangers win 6-1 on aggregate
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Donnelly (2)

30th​ August 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 347478

Inverness CT (0-7) Rangers
Att: 4,169
Tulloch Caledonian Stadium

Goals: Kalaba (2), Donnelly (3), Gauld, Black

Internationals

This month the Under-20s World Cup took place. Scotland did not feature in the competition, but we did have one player, Julien Lemarchand, who did play in the competition. The Frenchman crashed out 2nd​ Round after losing 4-1 to Brazil, who went on to reach the semi-finals. The tournament brought one player to the clubs attention: Pedro Ayub. The club is attempting to sign the youngster for £600,000, which is a bargain.

Other than Lemarchand, the club has seventeen players called up for international duty, including twelve for Scotland at various levels. Of these twelve, there are four, Garry Graham, Barrie McKay, Lee Wallace and Ryan Gauld, which are in the full Scotland squad. The standout performers were: Liam **** (9.1) who scored twice, Sergey Kundik (7.1) who scored and Ryan Gauld (7.0).

ScotlandMainWallace, GauldScotland (2-1) Bosnia
ZambiaMainKalabaZambia (1-3) Portugal
CanadaMainGasparottoCanada (2-0) Chinese Taipei
ScotlandU-21O'Hara, McGhee, ****, MacLeodScotland (4-0) Malta
RussiaU-21KundikRussia (2-1) Bosnia
ScotlandU-19McDonaldScotland (2-0) France

Transfers

Since the last transfer update the club has signed a new young goalkeeper, and loaned the previous third choice out. Patsy Warren has joined the club till 2018 on a £3,500 contract. He has already featured for England’s Under-21s and looks like a great prospect for the future. The club has also loaned out Blair Currie as we no longer have need of a third choice keeper.

View attachment 347501

Also in this transfer window Celtic has spent an impressive £12,500,000, bringing in nine players, including Robert Snodgrass for £6,000,000.​

Other News

Young striker, Gregor McDonald has signed a professional contract with the club. The young sixteen year old has agreed to stay at the club till 2019 on £300 per month. He has already featured in two European games and has scored one goal.
Several players have reached milestones this month. Ryan Donnelly made his 150th​ league appearance and his 100th​ league appearance for Rangers. He marked the occasion by scoring his 100th​ league goal. Several players have reached milestones this month. Ryan Donnelly made his 150th​ league appearance and his 100th​ league appearance for Rangers. He marked the occasion by scoring his 100th​ league goal. David Templeton has also reached 75 league games for Rangers. While Stuart Armstrong has now played his 125th​ career league game.

Summary

The club remained unbeaten this month, winning all four league games in convincing fashion, despite coming from behind against Motherwell. I am really proud of the team and how well they have adapted to the league, especially considering that twelve of the players in the first team squad have been at the club since the 3rd Division.
Despite our impressive show the club only managed to win Young Player of the Month, with the Manager of the Month and Player of the Month going to Celtic, despite them playing one less game than us this month due to their European commitments.​
This early on statistics mean nothing, but Tony Watt is leading the way in both goals and assists and looks incredibly impressive, unfortunately for me. It is good to see that Ryan Donnelly has started to score again, which was a problem last season.
The club has progressed well in Europe, beating Dnipro by an impressive 6-1 aggregate scoreline, we have now progressed to the group stages where we have drawn: Spartak Moscow, Roma and Viktoria Pizen. A tough group but I expect second place, well I hope for it at least. The club was given £1,130,000 for reaching the group stages.

Last edited:
Results

5th​ September 2015
Friendly

View attachment 347568

Rangers (9-0) Camelon Albion
Att: 16,836
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Glass, Shiels, Donnelly, Burley, McDonald, Thomson, Narkiss, Hall, Templeton

12th​ September 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 347569

Celtic (0-1) Rangers
Att: 60,355
Celtic Park

17th​ September 2015
Euro Cup

View attachment 347570

Rangers (1-1) Spartak Moscow
Att: 50,027
Ibrox Stadium

20th​ September 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 347571

Rangers (4-0) Hibernian
Att: 48,907
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Lemarchand, Kalaba (2), Black

23rd​ September 2015
League Cup (3rd​ Round)

View attachment 347572

Rangers (3-1) Raith
Att: 27,573
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Adam (3)

27th​ September 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 347573

Ross County (1-0) Rangers
Att: 5,668

Internationals

This month two international matches were held, nineteen Rangers' players featured for their countries at a variety of levels, including four for the Scottish full international team. The standout performers were: Stuart Hoult (7.75), Lee Wallace (7.4) and Julien
Lemarchand (7.9).​

CountrySquadPlayerResult
ScotlandMainArmstrong, Gauld, Wallace, O'HaraScotland (2-1) Italy
Scotland (3-1) Paraguay
CanadaMainGasparottoCanada (0-3) Paraguay
Canada (1-1) Luxembourg
ZambiaMainKalabaZambia (1-2) Liberia
ScotlandU-21McGhee, McKay, ****, MacLeod, McGinn, AirdScotland (1-2) Denmark
Scotland (1-1) Australia
EnglandU-21WarrenEngland (0-2) Bulgaria
England (3-0) Romania
WalesU-21Hoult, HumphriesWales (1-3) France
Wales (2-1) Bulgaria
FranceU-21LemarchandFrance (1-0) Albania
RussiaU-21KundikRussia (1-1) Slovenia
Russia (2-1) Estonia
ScotlandU-19Amos, PascazioScotland (2-1) Ukraine
Scotland (3-0) Albania

The club arranged a friendly against Camelon Albion. We won the game in convincing fashion, putting 9 goals in the back of the net. The friendly brought in £284,000 for the club, after Albion's fee was removed. As you can tell by the goalscorers the club fielded several young players in the game.

Other News

The club has extended the reserve team manager, Darren Cross' contract till 2020. His contract was due to expire at the end of the season. The club has now renewed all the staff contracts expect for Alan Rough, who is retiring at the end of the season.​

View attachment 347574

A number of players have reached milestones this month. Robert Adam has reached his 50th league game, all coming at Rangers. Ian Black has made his 75th league appearance for the club, marking the milestone with a goal. Alan Hutton made his 100th league game for the club against Ross and celebrated by giving away a penalty. Finally, David Templeton has now made 200 league appearances over the course of his career.​

Summary

A mixed month, after edging into the lead with a win against Celtic we threw it away in a ridiculous match against Ross County. In the Ross game the referee gave them a penalty, which they duly converted. Replays seem to suggest that it was not a penalty at all, so I feel rather hard done by. Regardless, we were dreadful, the team simply could not pass it from defence to midfield in the first half, never seen anything like it, 70% procession and no highlights unless I was giving them the ball.

View attachment 347575

Ross Country managed to win Manager of the Month, remaining unbeaten in the league. The club only managed to pick up the Young Player of the Month award.

View attachment 347576 View attachment 347577 View attachment 347578

In terms of statistics the club is beginning to fall behind our Old Firm rivals, although we are only in our first season back in the SPL so I guess I do not mind as much as I might. I do feel the club needs more experienced players this month though, as I feel the young players lack consistency, often games are being won in the second half after I have bollocked them during half time.

View attachment 347579

The club has done well in cup competitions, winning against Raith to progress in the League Cup, despite fielding a second string team is quite an achievement. The club also earned a very respected draw against Spartak Moscow.

View attachment 347580 View attachment 347581

Last edited:

Results

1st​ October 2015

Euro Cup (Group Stages)

View attachment 348462

Roma (3-4) Rangers
Att: 34,663
Olimpico

Goals: Templeton, Donnelly, McKay (2)

4th​ October 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 348463

Aberdeen (1-2) Rangers
Att: 14,232
Pittodrie Stadium

Goals: Black, Adam

10th​ October 2015
Friendly

View attachment 348464

Rangers (4-0) Dunblane Thistle
Att: 16,844
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Faure, Donnelly, Hall (2)

17th​ October 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 348465

Rangers (3-0) Dundee United
Att: 48,727
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: A. Hutton, Graham, Templeton

22nd​ October 2015
Euro Cup (Group Stages)

View attachment 348468

Viktoria Pizen (0-2) Rangers
Att: 11,565
Stadion Mesta Plzne

Goals: Gauld, Donnelly

25th​ October 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 348466

Rangers (3-0) St Mirren
Att: 49,338
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham, Donnelly, MacLeod

28th​ October 2015
League Cup (Qtr Final)

View attachment 348467

Rangers (5-1) Dunfermline
Att: 45,379
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Adam (2), MacLeod, Templeton, Bain (OG)

International

This month the club had twenty players called up for international duty at a variety of age groups. The international break will feature two matches in many cases this month. After several players having to pull out through injury, only fifteen players featured in the matches.

ScotlandMainWallace, GauldScotland (4-0) Azerbaijan
Scotland (1-1) Poland
ZambiaMainKalabaZambia (4-3) Gambia
CanadaMainGasparottoMontserrat (0-3) Canada
ScotlandU-21McGhee, ****, McKay, MacLeod, McGinnScotland (3-0) Hungary
Scotland (1-2) Slovakia
EnglandU-21WarrenEngland (3-0) Romania
England (4-0) Kazakhstan
RussiaU-21KundikIreland (2-1) Russia
Russia (3-0) Azerbaijan
WalesU-21HumphriesWales (3-0) Albania
Wales (0-5) Spain
ScotlandU-19Amos, McDonald, BurkeScotland (3-0) Azerbaijan
Scotland (1-1) Armenia

During the international break the club arranged a friendly against Dunblane Thistle. The club won the fixture comfortably and were able to play several young players, as well as giving some experienced players a game. The club was able to make £284,000 from the fixture.

Other News

This season has seen a massive improvement in the clubs finances, so much so that the board has increased the transfer budget by £6,750,000 to a staggering £16,250,000. With a wage budget of £127,000, of which the club is spending £112,000. So an excellent month. It is unlikely I will spend even a third of this, but nice to know it is there if I need it.

With the clubs excellent financial position I felt it was about time we improved the clubs youth facilities. After consulting the board they accepted my request and have earmarked £4,000,000 to invest into the facility.

Club captain, Lee McCulloch, has decided to hang up his boots after 523 league games, in which he has scored 99 goals. The veteran has become a first team coach for the club on £825. It also means he has cut his wages by £2,750.
The club has had to replace McCulloch as captain, taking his place is the vice-captain Lee Wallace, who is in his fifth year at the club. After careful consideration the club has appointed Ryan Gauld as vice-captain. It was a hard choice, especially as the youngster had not been with the club very long, however out of the candidates he was ideal as he was not on-loan, was Scottish and will be at the club for a very long time.
The club has also appoint a new scout this month. It is Jonathan Smarts first job since retiring from football over the summer. He played for six club during his career, most notably for Airdrie in the Scottish First Division. Although not brilliant I feel he will progress nicely.​
Only two player, Dean Shiels and Ryan Gauld, reached milestones this month. Shiels made his 300th league appearance against St Mirren, whilst Gauld made his 50th in the same match.

Summary

The club returned to winning ways in the league this month after recording three wins in the leagues this month, including a hard fought win against rivals Aberdeen. The fact the team had played Roma in the week meant that I had to play a slightly weakened squad. Celtic also dropped points this week after drawing 1-1 with Inverness CT, giving the club a 2 point lead going into November.
The club failed to win Player of the Month or Young Player of the Month despite some impressive results. We were however able to win Manager of the Month for the first time since being promoted.
In terms of personal statistics it is all Celtic unfortunately, with me only being able to boast top rating and best pass completion through Rainford Kalaba. He has shown what an excellent free signing he is.
The club has done excellently in cup competitions, winning all our games including against Roma in a high scoring affair in Rome. I was incredibly lucky, with Barrie McKay saving the day with a brace from off the bench.

Last edited:
November - December

View attachment 349188
Results

5th​ November 2015

Euro Cup (Group Stage)

View attachment 349189

Rangers (6-1) Viktoria Plzan
Qualified for 1st​ Knockout Round
Att: 48,941
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Lemarchand, Kalaba, Donnelly, Graham, Templeton, MacLeod

8th​ November 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349190

Rangers (2-0) Hearts
Att:
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Lemarchand, Templeton

22nd​ November 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349191

Motherwell (2-3) Rangers
Att: 13,677
Fir Park

Goals: Templeton, Donnelly (2)

25th​ November 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349192

St Johnstone (1-4) Rangers
Att: 6,090
McDiarmid Park

Goals: Graham, Armstrong, Lemarchand, Kalaba

29th​ November 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349201

Nairn County (0-5) Rangers
Att: 2,250
Station Park

Goals: McKinnon, Adam (2), Black (2)

3rd​ December 2015
Euro Cup (Group Stage)

View attachment 349193

Spartak Moscow (0-3) Rangers
Att: 29,874
Spartak Moskva

Goals: Adam (2), Black

6th​ December 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349194

Rangers (2-1) Inverness CT
Att: 48,554
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Templeton, Donnelly

13th​ December 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349195

Raith (1-5) Rangers
Att: 5,872
Stark’s Park

Goals: Armstrong (2), Adam (2) McGurn (OG)

17th​ December 2015
Euro Cup (Group Stage)

View attachment 349196

Rangers (0-1) Roma
Ibrox Stadium

20th​ December 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349197

Rangers (4-2) Ross County
Att: 48,565
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Donnelly (2), Graham, Kalaba

23rd​ December 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349198

Rangers (1-1) Celtic
Ibrox Stadium

26th​ December 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349199

Hibernian (0-3) Rangers
Att: 13,712
Easter Road Stadium

Goals: Gauld, Adam, Lemarchand

29th​ December 2015
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349200

Dundee United (0-3) Rangers
Att: 9,589
Tannadice Park

Goals: K.Hutton (2), Perry

Internationals

In November the club had twenty-four players called up for international duty. Unfortunately one of those players, John McGinn, had to withdraw from the squad through injury. In the end fifteen players featured for their countries at a variety of levels. I pleased to say that Kieran Duffie made his first appearance for his country.

ScotlandMainGraham, Duffie, WallaceRangers (6-2) Israel
Scotland (1-1) Germany
PolandMainFabianskiPoland (1-0) Turkey
ScotlandU-21MacLeod, ****, McGheeScotland (1-1) Kazakstan
Scotland (1-0) Armenia
EnglandU-21Warren England (3-0) Germany
England (1-0) Germany
WalesU-21Bromage, HumphriesWales (3-1) Finland
Wales (1-0) Slovenia
RussiaU-21KundikRussia (0-1) Switzerland
Russia (2-1) Switzerland
FranceU-21LemarchandFrance (0-0) Croatia
ScotlandU-19Hodge, McDonald, Haining, AmosScotland (4-0) Hungary
Scotland (4-1) Slovakia
GermanyU-19LeipertzGermany (1-0) Finland
Germany (4-0) N.Ireland
Other News

This month the club has renewed Robert Adam’s contract, which was due to expire in the summer. The club faced interest from Sunderland, Reading and Everton, all of whom wanted him on a free transfer. The club offered him an increase of £4,750 on his current £250 deal, which will keep him at the club till 2020.

View attachment 349202

Several players have reached milestones this month. The most significant milestone is Ian Black who played his 300th ​career league game; Black reached his milestone against Motherwell. Kieran Duffie also celebrated his 150th​ career league game in a match against St Johnstone. In the same match Liam **** made his 75th​ career league appearance.

View attachment 349203 View attachment 349204 View attachment 349205

Summary

The club has performed well in the league over the past two months. The club has only dropped two points and that was in the match against Celtic. Celtic on the other hand has dropped points against St Mirran; giving us a four point lead.

View attachment 349206

In November the club managed to win the Manager of the Month and the Young Player of the Month award, which went to Julien Lemarchand. In December we only managed to maintain the Manager of the Month award unfortunately, despite some excellent results.

View attachment 349207 View attachment 349208 View attachment 349209

In terms of statistics the players are doing reasonably well, I have already accepted that we will not be winning the top goalscorer award as Tony Watt has already reached 21 goals, but I hope we will be able to lead the way in terms of assists.​

View attachment 349210

The club has progressed through to the knockout round of the Euro Cup. We had some excellent results and finished top of our group, for which we were given £347,000. For our results we received £778,950, which means the club managed to rate in £1,125,950 from this stage of the Euro Cup.

View attachment 349211 View attachment 349212 View attachment 349213

January - February

View attachment 349632

Results

2nd​ January 2016

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349633

Rangers (4-2) Aberdeen
Att: 49,246
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: O’Hara (2), Donnelly, Gauld

17th​ January 2016
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349634

St Mirren (1-5) Rangers
Att: 8,023
St Mirren Park

Goals: Gauld, McKay, MacLeod, Donnelly, Graham

23rd​ January 2016
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349636

Rangers (3-0) St Johnstone
Att: 48,527
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Graham (2), Adam

27th​ January 2016
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349638

Hearts (0-0) Rangers
Att: 17,189
Tynecastle Stadium

31st​ January 2016
League Cup (Semi Final)

View attachment 349639

Rangers (3-1) Motherwell (AET)
Att: 52,063
Hampden Park

Goals: Donnelly (2), Armstrong

3rd​ February 2016
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349640

Inverness CT (0-2) Rangers
Att: 4,173
Tulloch Caledonian Stadium

Goals: Templeton, Donnelly

7nd January 2016
Scottish Cup (5th​ Round)

View attachment 349633

Rangers (2-0) Aberdeen
Att: 50,038
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Armstrong, Graham

13th​ February 2016
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349639

Rangers (3-1) Motherwell
Att: 49,496
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Armstrong (2), Black

18th​ February 2016
Euro Cup (1st​ Knockout Round)

View attachment 349643

Napoli (0-2) Rangers
Att: 38,952
San Paolo

Goals: McKay, Black

21st​ February 2016
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349644

Rangers (2-0) Raith
Att: 48,547
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Gauld (2)

25th​ February 2016
Euro Cup (1st​ Knockout Round)

View attachment 349643

Rangers (1-1) Napoli
Rangers win (3-1) on aggregate
Att: 50, 875
Ibrox Stadium

Goals: Gauld

28th​ February 2016
Scottish Premier League

View attachment 349645

Celtic (2-0) Rangers
Att: 60,355
Ibrox Stadium

Transfers

Despite having a transfer budget of £16,990,000, the club has not made any transfers during the January transfer window. I want to buy Scottish players ideally and there were none, of sufficient quality, available. Those that were available tended to good players but on massive wages.

Alan Hutton has agreed to sign a new contract at Aston Villa for a year, which means I will not be able to sign him at the end of the season.

Other News

Over the last two months eight players have decided to extend their stay at the club. Two first team players, Ryan Donnelly and Ian Black, agreed to extend their stay. Ian Black will stay at the club for an extra year on £8,000, a reduction of £1,500 on his wages. Ryan Donnelly has also agreed to stay at the club till 2020 on £6,000, an increase of £5,000.​
Six youth players, Lewis Donaldson, Peter McKinnon, Tom Walsh, Charlie Telfer, Calum Gallagher and Stuart Urquhart, have agreed to remain at the club till 2020, except Donaldson and McKinnon who are contracted till 2018. If you combine all the players’ increase of pay it comes to a £2,000 increase of the wage bill.

Several players have reached milestones over the past two months. Most impressive is Kyle Hutton, who made his 200th​ career league appearance against Inverness. Mark O’Hara played in his 100th​ career leagues appearance in the match against Aberdeen; all of his appearances have been for Rangers. Whilst vice captain, Ryan Galud played his 50th​ league game in a match against Hearts.

Summary

Not the best two months of my Rangers career. The club draw and lost this month against Hearts and Celtic respectively. The Celtic game was my 200th in charge so hurt quite a bit, however with seven players injured in such a small squad it is unsurprising. The players injured are: Lemarchand, Graham, Armstrong, MacLeod, Kalaba, Perry and Shiels. Thankfully Celtic has lost their last game against St Mirren and drawn previously with faith, so we are level pegging still.
The club has won a number of awards over the last two months. We won the Manager of the Month in January and Garry Graham won the Young Player of the Month in January. However, with Luca Gasparotto winning the Young Player of the Month in February I shall count that as well.
The club has done ok in the last two months in terms of individual statistics; we are still lagging being the top goalscorer, Tony Watt, by nine goals. In terms of assists we are leading the way with Barrie McKay.

View attachment 349626

The club has done well over the past two months in cup competitions, progressing in the final of the League Cup where we shall meet Hibernian. The club has also progressed, against all the odds, in the Euro Cup, knocking out Napoli in the process. It was a remarkable win, especially with seven players injured and two suspended.

View attachment 349628 View attachment 349629 View attachment 349630

Last edited: