• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
you checked mine out? will have update out later tonight

you checked mine out? will have update out later tonight

Yeh I'll check it out now, yeh update will be done soon :)

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Finishing off the Premier League

680.png

Manchester United are ready to play their final two Premier League Matches as they bid to go the whole season unbeaten an incredible feat for a team that has been build around an attacking trio of Nani, Wayne Rooney and Chicharito. Sir Ryan Giggs before the final two fixtures has spoken regarding going the whole season unbeaten.

'To go unbeaten would be a great achievement for the club, but winning the remaining games is the main objective and if we do that we will of course finish the season unbeaten but we are not thinking about that. This is our opportunity to finish the season in style.'

11.png

Saturday 3.5.2014
EPL - Match Day 37
Man Utd
680.png
609.png
Birmingham

Chicharito (55)
Sebastien Larsson (15)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - M Fellaini - M Jones - Nani

P Evra - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Campodonico

Hernandez2-1.png

Manchester United despite having the numerical advantage for 75 minutes struggled to break down Birmingham City who set their stall out to get a draw, and it looked that way until a moment of magic from the little Mexican. The goal came in the 55th minute after a delightful turn and shoot action from Chicharito and he fired it below Ben Foster in the Birmingham City goal.

11.png

Sunday 11.5.2014
EPL - Match Day 38
Newcastle
688.png
0 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

Chicharito (5, 42+2)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - M Fellaini - M Jones - Nani

P Evra - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Campodonico

CHICOTIME.png

MANCHESTER UNITED FINISH 2013/14 SEASON UNBEATEN

GIggs2.jpg

Chicharito's brace secured United's unbeaten record as they roared into an early lead when the little Mexican after some delightful work down the left flank from new signing Gareth Bale to make a simple finish. Rooney was the provider for Chicharito's second as he played it square to leave an empty net for the Little Pea to pass it into.

linebreak.png

11-2.png

Premier League 2013/14 League Table

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-6.png

Manchester United finished started and finished the season in unbelievable form scoring an incredible 123 goals and a points record of 110, 25 points clear of second placed Chelsea. The Red Devils won a remarkable 36 of their 38 Premier League Matches, winning all of their 19 home games scoring an dazzling 73 goals and conceding just 6. This was in no part down to their fantastic strike force.

Premier League 2013/14 Goal Table

EnglishPremierDivisionStats_PlayerStats-2.png

Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandes was the outstanding performer in the Premier League contributing a frankly ridiculous 48 goals in his 37 league matches. He has improved drastically over this season and his mental attributes have developed as well. Wayne Rooney came second in the charts after scoring an impressive 29 goals, being his highest league goal tally of his career. Then there's the blossoming Nani who has really come into form so far this season scoring an incredible 15 goals from both flanks and has really impressed.

Premier League 2013/14 Assist Table

EnglishPremierDivisionStats_PlayerStats-3.png

After arriving from Birmingham City for a poultry fee of £5M, Marc Jones has been a primary provider of goals this season for Manchester United, 24 goals in his 38 matches played for the Red Devils. The assists chart is dominated by Manchester United faces as they have a number of creative talents in the squad.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow. 110 points, chicharito with 48 goals and Marc Jones with 24 assists. That's ridiculous.

Wow, just wow. 110 points, chicharito with 48 goals and Marc Jones with 24 assists. That's ridiculous.

Marc Jones is a midfield god!! and he's 18 hopefully he stars at the World Cup!!! Chicharito's face terrifies teams! And finishing to match!

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

amazing achievement going the whole season unbeaten

Cheers mate, it's mostly been down to the strength in depth that was already here when I arrived, Vargas, Coentrao etc I just added Marc Jones and couple of others :)

Yeh I've finished the match it's one of those lengthy updates haha so won't be to long just typing up the final few paragraphs :D

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Sky_Sports-1.png

linebreak.png

facup.png

linebreak.png

FA Cup Final Coverage

680.png
679-1.png

MANCHESTER UNITED VS MANCHESTER CITY

Live from Wembley Stadium

new-wembley-stadium.jpg

Hello I'm Jeff Stelling and welcome to Sky Sports coverage of today's FA Cup Final with Premier League Champions Manchester United versus Manchester City. We're in Wembley Stadium in London and there is an unbelievable capacity crowd out there looking forward to this afternoons match.

I'm here with Jamie Redknapp, Manchester City favourite Mike Summerbee and also ex Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke. Manchester United have reached this years FA Cup Final by putting in some fabulous performances through the knock out rounds defeating Bristol City, Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Bournemouth and Crystal Palace. But today they face a different challenge in their noisy neighbours Manchester City, that have already been on the receiving end of two defeats 1 - 0 defeats so far this season. Dwight what do you make of Manchester United's chances in the encounter between the two today?

90744947-1.jpg

'For me there will only be one winner, Manchester United. They have already shown so far this season that they are the superior team having beaten them twice 1 - 0. They might have spent alot of money on transfers but we are a team that understand's each other and have a great level of understanding. Money doesn't buy these things, it takes time and that's what we had under Sir Alex and now Sir Ryan.'

With both of the previous matches do you think this will be a dull 1 - 0 affair?

'I think that if Manchester United can get 1 - 0 up and keep it that way then they will, but don't forget last time they did have a tie against Barcelona coming up just days after. So although the importance of this game is great they didn't want to use to much energy.'

So thanks for that Dwight, it's time to take a look at the Manchester City line up which has just arrived.

linebreak.png

679-1.png

Manchester City Line Up:

City.png

Subs: Rhys Taylor, Tranquillo Barnetta, David Silva, Carlos Teves, Roger Johnson, Leighton Baines, Gareth Barry

linebreak.png

So Manchester City are lining up in a 4 - 4 - 2 diamond against Manchester United today, with Brazilian Hulk and Bosnian Edin Dzeko up front. Certainly a potent attacking line up from Carlo Ancelotti's men today. An incredibly strong line up today from the men in blue. So Mike what do you make of the Manchester City line up today, and their subs bench?

Summerbee.jpg

'I like the look of that team, it's strong in all area's of the pitch. I think you can see from that line up that Carlo want's to stop Manchester Unite'd midfield from being able to play. He's flooded the midfield with some real workhorses, James Milner and Yaya Toure in the engine room. I certainly think they have a fabulous chance today. It's certainly the strongest City team I've seen in my life time.'

What do you make of their bench and who do you fancy to have the upper hand in today's match?

'Ooh, it's certainly going to be a tight game. I actually fancy Manchester City this time, I know we've lost the last two games 1 - 0 but I just have a feeling that Carlo will have learnt from those defeats and be able to adapt. I'm sure Manchester United won't change the way they play, they've been great value for money this season and I just think we might be able to get at them.'

Thanks for that Mike, right the Manchester United line up has just arrived and it's time to take a look.

linebreak.png

680.png

Manchester United Line up:

UnitedChelsea.png

Subs: Jason Steele, Ivan Petric, Juan Maneul Vargas, Brede Hangeland, Rafael, Dimitar Berbatov, Boakye

linebreak.png

So Manchester United name the side that has proved to be so successful this season in their 4 - 4 - 2 formation. Jose Campdonico has been in fabulous form in goal for the Red Devil's after slipping ahead of Jason Steele in the pecking order who lines up on the bench today. Sir Ryan Giggs' men are all without injury so they boast a strong bench. Jamie what do you make of United's chances today?

Jamie-Redknapp-001.jpg

'Well the sensible money has to be on Manchester United today, they've been in unbelievable form so far this season. I have every confidence that they will overcome Manchester City who have largely been disappointing and finished the league in 4th with Arsenal and Chelsea nipping in ahead of them. Gareth Bale is going to be dangerous today since his arrival again. Then there's Nani, Chicharito and Wayne Rooney, unbelievable a great attacking team with great talent. I think this is going to be a great game.'

Ok thanks Jamie right that's all we've got time for it's time to cross over to our FA Cup commentators, Alan Smith and Martin Tyler. We will be back with the result.

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

Extra time spectacular at Wembley

680.png

facup.png

Saturday 17.5.2014
FA Cup - Final
Manchester City
679.png
3 - 4
680.png
Manchester United

Eden Hazard (33), Edin Dzeko (62), Hulk (85) - Wayne Rooney (35, 81, 120), Nani (42)
Nani injured (105+1)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - D Fletcher - M Jones - Nani

F Coentrao - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Campodonico

waynerooney3.jpg

Today we witnessed an incredible match at Wembley Stadium that ended in extra time as United overcome a City side that performed admirably. The scoring was opened by Eden Hazard after a wonderfully worked short corner that left Manchester United baffled with what happened. 2 minutes later Manchester United equalised after a wonderful cross from Nani, Wayne Rooney slid an effort past Joe Hart. Just before half time Manchester United got into the lead after Nani scored a wonderful volley from a Fabio Coentrao cross.

Manchester United started the second half in the worst possible start as Jonny Evans brought down Edin Dzeko in the box to concede a penalty and then finished it neatly past the keeper. Substitute Vargas looked to give United the winner after playing Wayne Rooney clean through to fire a powerful drive past Joe Hart to make it 3 - 2 to the Red Devils. The lead was short lived as Hulk scored a fabulous headed effort after a wonderful cross from Eden Hazard to bring it to 3 - 3 and take it to extra time. Nani then suffered a dead leg after a collision with Hulk in the 106th minute.

The game looked liked it was destined to go to penalties until that man Wayne Rooney popped up to score a 120th minute winner to cap a fabulous performance from the 28 year old.

Wayne Rooney Post Match

_44524329_rooney_av512.jpg

'It's unbelievable to win the Premier League and the FA Cup, to bring this trophy back to the fans is a great feeling. For a club like Manchester United to not have won it for 10 years is a travesty. I am delighted with the way everyone played and really happy to have scored a hat trick. The victory is even more sweet because we beat a Manchester City team who performed very well. Now all there is to do is beat Liverpool in the Champions League Final, and I have every confidence that we can do that!'

Sir Ryan Giggs Post Match

Giggs_415.jpg

'Fantastic, what a game that was. For the neutrals I'm sure that it's going to be a game to remember and for our fans. As Wayne said, it's great to bring this trophy back for the fans after suffering defeat in the final on two occasions in the last 10 years and not winning it since 2004 is unbelievable for a club of our quality. We now just have to regroup and prepare for our clash with Liverpool in the Champions League Final. (regarding Nani) Nani should be fit for the Final, he suffered a dead leg but I think he will be able to play.'

Wow! That is one **** of a strong man City Team! Good game I bet you were nervous! I love the detail in this story. It is definately the best on thsi site by a long way. Champions league final update tonight? Quick request get Beckham involved I bet he'll get a goal.

Yeh I'll get it done :) just about to play the game, I was thinking of giving Beckham some game time actually see if he can pull something out the bag!!

Oh and yes, VERY nervous at the end, they were attacking a fair bit a the end!!

Great FA Cup win, must of been very nervy :P Good luck for the Champions League, 5 titles in one season coming? :D

Great FA Cup win, must of been very nervy :P Good luck for the Champions League, 5 titles in one season coming? :D

Update coming mate just doing it, it's going to be another long update again :) has to be for these big ones, cause after I have to turn the focus to the World Cup, which I can't wait for!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back