The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurry Up lol!! Im looking foward to it... I wonder if my prediction of a Becks goal will come true? Updated mate if you wanna have a nose.

Hurry Up lol!! Im looking foward to it... I wonder if my prediction of a Becks goal will come true? Updated mate if you wanna have a nose.

I'm literally just going to write up the actual scoreline and then that's it the build up is quite long lol!! Yeh man will take a look.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Sky_Sports-1.png

linebreak.png

1301394.png

linebreak.png

UEFA Champions League Final Coverage

680.png
676.png

MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL

Live from Vicente Calderon

Atletico-Madrid--Vicente-Calderon-Stadium-Ge_1068969.jpg

Hello I'm Jeff Stelling and welcome to Sky Sports coverage of tonight's UEFA Champions League Final where we have an all English Final consisting of Manchester United versus their bitter rivals Liverpool. We're at the Vicente Calderon in Madrid in this fine spring evening in front of a capacity crowd. With ten's of thousands fans representing both teams we have a fantastic atmosphere already.

I'm joined by ex Liverpool player Jamie Redknapp, ex Liverpool player and Assistant Manager Phil Thompson and once again Dwight Yorke comes to join us today. Both teams have reached the Champions League Final by putting in some top class performances over the season, lets recap over Manchester United's result's so far in the Champions League.

Group Stage
Panathinaikos
983.png
1 - 2
680.png
2 Man Utd
Man Utd
680.png
4 - 1
947.png
Hamburg
S.C Braga
1488.png
1 - 4
680.png
Man Utd
Man Utd
680.png
10 - 0
1488.png
S.C Braga
Man Utd
680.png
5 - 1
983.png
Panathinaikos
Hamburg
947.png
1 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

1st Knock Out Stage
Olympique Lyonnais
865.png
1 - 4
680.png
Man Utd
Man Utd
680.png
4 - 0
865.png
Olympique Lyonnais

Quarter Final
Man Utd
680.png
3 - 0
1708.png
Barcelona
Barcelona
1708.png
1 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

Semi Final
Man Utd
680.png
2 - 0
1100.png
Roma
Roma
1100.png
0 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

Goals Scored: 44
Goals Conceded: 7
Matches Played: 12
Average Goals per Game: 3.6
Average Conceded per Game 0.58

So if we look at their results so far in the Champions League we can see that Manchester United have been incredible value for money and have really put in some fabulous performances. They demolished Braga at Old Trafford 10 - 0, smashed Lyon home and away scoring 8 goals. They even shut out Barcelona and scored 5 goals against them. So Jamie what do you make of United's record and Liverpool's chances at out performing them today.

Jamie-Redknapp-001.jpg

'Well I think if you look at those results there, that shows you one thing, this Manchester United side can score goals. I think it's going to be incredible important that Rafa gets his formation right for the game tonight, I mean if he gets it wrong we could see 4's and 5's. I mean this United front line is unbelievable. 77 League Goals between their two front men, that is an obscene number of goals to score, for a whole team let alone two players.'

Jamie do you really think that Liverpool can get something out of this game I mean, yes they have been playing reasonably well in the Champions League so far this season. But look at their League form after finishing in second three years running under Kenny Dalglish they've slumped to a 6 place finish with Benitez back at the helm.

'Well yes I mean, Rafa does seem to focus on the Champions League and has done in the past as we know with great success. I think he can just focus on one or the other. I feel that their form has certainly been questionable so far this season. I mean in their tie against Athletico Madrid it was solely Gerrard who pulled the result out of the bag for them scoring a hat trick. Without that they wouldn't have got anything out of the game. I just think Liverpool WILL concede today, and so they need to score goals but I just can't see them outscoring United.'

Ok thanks for that Jamie here's the Liverpool line up any way so lets take a look.

linebreak.png

676.png

Liverpool Line Up:

Pool.png

Subs: Ben Amos, Martin Kelly, Danny Wilson, Maxi Rodriguez, Daniel Leca, Barry Wilkins, Alessio Cestaro

linebreak.png

So Liverpool line up in their 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation that Rafa Benitez seems to fancy against Manchester United today. Steven Gerrard lines up behind the flamboyant striker Luis Suarez, with Luka Modric and Dirk Kuyt on either flank. Certainly a strong looking attack force for the Liverpool team. What do you think of their chances today Phil, without being biased of course?

PhilThompson160110_2407610.jpg

'Okay Jeff, I'm never biased you know that! But any way yeh I do worry for Liverpool today, I think attacking wise they've got players who can hurt United but I just feel defensively they might suffer. Manchester United will have Gareth Bale and Nani on either flank and they've been causing problems to literally every team so far this year and us on three occasions. I think if we are to get anything from this game then Stevie will have to put in a performance from the top drawer.'

If you had to choose a team to win Phil who would you go for, do you think Liverpool can do it?

'I'd love to say Liverpool Jeff, but I just don't think they can get the victory, I would love them too, we beat them in the Final last year, but under Ryan they seem to be playing unbelievable football and have brought in a fabulous player in Marc Jones who has assisted so many goals its unreal, I'll put my head on the line and say he's as soon as Fabregas at 23 at the age of 18 that's how good that boy is, and he's Welsh it's a travesty.'

Well I'm not sure about that Phil, Wales did win a European Championship, but that's a different subject. The Manchester United line up has just come in and I'm sure everyone will like to look at this, one major surprise that not many would have expected.

linebreak.png

680.png

Manchester United Line Up:

UnitedChelsea.png

Subs: Jason Steele, Ivan Petric, Juan Manuel Vargas, Brede Hangeland, Chris Smalling, Sam Meritt, Rio Ferdinand

linebreak.png

So the formation is as expected a 4 - 4 - 2 but there is a shock inclusion in the 38 year old Legend himself David Beckham, who would have expected last October with David back at home through personal reasons, without a club would be in a Champions League Final come May, and not just that Captaining the side as well. Dwight what do you make of your sides chances today against Liverpool?

90744947-1.jpg

'I have to say I am slightly surprised by the inclusion of David Beckham, but he has been in great form since he has returned for United, I have to say I wish I could have played at the top level at the age of 38. It just shows what a fabulous talent he is. I like the look of the line up though, if David has the legs then they have the passing ability in midfield to dominate the game, and really put Liverpool on the back foot. As Phil said the flanks are going to be vital for United I feel Liverpool might not be able to cope with the pace and directness that United play with.'

So if you had to chose who would you go for as the victors in this match?

'Oh, United definitely we're in fabulous form and have just beat our closest rivals, now it's time to beat our bitter rivals. We might have overtaken them in League Titles but their still 2 European Trophies ahead of us, so catching up with them there is going to happen. I really think United can win the game today.'

Thank you very much for your input Dwight, right it's time to cross over to our Champions League Final commentators Peter Drury and Martin Tyler, we will be back with you for the result.

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

Midfield pair inspire United Victory

680.png

1301394.png

Saturday 24.5.2014
Man Utd
680.png
4 - 1
676.png
Liverpool

Chicharito (7), Juan Manuel Vargas (45+2), Gareth Bale (75), David Beckham (81) - Dirk Kuyt (28)
Nani injured (14)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - D Beckham - M Jones - Nani

P Evra - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Campodonico

article-0-0045231700000258-61_468x308.jpg

Today Manchester United completely annihilated Liverpool at the Vicente Calderon, a midfield master class from David Beckham capped a fabulous performance from the Red Devils. The scoring was opened in the 7th minute when Marc Jones played a fabulous ball through to Chicharito who fired one in past the despairing Pepe Reina. The game then turned nasty as Portuguese sensation Nani suffered a broken cheekbone an had to be substituted after Lucas elbowed him in the face and the referee gave nothing, didn't even give a free kick. This then resulted in Juan Maneul Vargas coming on in place.

Thanks to some poor defending from United, Steven Gerrard flicked a header on for Dirk Kuyt to be unmarked to have a simple finish to make it 1 - 1 on 28 minutes. Just before half time Manchester United grabbed a lead as Jones was again the provider as he played a great ball to Juan Manuel Vargas who fired in a powerful left footed shot from the edge of the area to make it 2 - 1 to the Red Devils. Marc Jones then completed a hat trick of assists as he played a great cross to the far post for Gareth Bale to score a great headed effort to make it 3 - 1.

Manchester United's fourth was something to remember, and was incredibly emotional as midfield master David Beckham scored a wonder strike from 35 yards to put the game beyond the Reds in the 81st minute. David Beckham just pointed at the sky in celebration as this was beyond his wildest dreams. Manchester United had won the Champions League and David Beckham had scored the final goal to secure it.

David Beckham Post Match

thinterv.jpg

'Words cannot explain how I feel right now, its just an unbelievable feeling we played a great game, and for Ryan to give me the chance to captain the side was a great honour. I was delighted to score the final goal and I still cannot believe that I am here speaking to you on this stage, just 6 months ago in December I didn't have a club and was with in L.A and now I'm back playing for United, winning the Champions League.'

Sir Ryan Giggs Post Match

Giggs_415.jpg

'I can't quite believe that we've won 5 trophies this year, it's incredible. The team performed miracles out there, and David well what can be said about him, you give him responsibility and he performs. It was an incredible effort from him, it just shows what a true legend he is. Fantastic. I am honoured.'

YouTube - Man Utd vs Liverpool - Beckham Goal 81st minute

Great result, good to see Beckham on the scoreboard too! Great to win all the titles :D

Great result, good to see Beckham on the scoreboard too! Great to win all the titles :D

Cheers mate, yeh Becks was fantastic and hope he can stay for a bit longer, I've got plenty of updates to do coming soon about the World Cup, think it makes it more fun being manager of club and country!

Im Physic Becks scored! I think he's a big game player. Excellent real mate well done

brilliant mate! absolutely awesome! nailed the club management side to this story this season :) can't wait for the next season :) just updated mine! KIU!

Im Physic Becks scored! I think he's a big game player. Excellent real mate well done

Cheers mate, it was a fabulous goal as well. What a player Becks is :)

Cheers for the heads up!

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

brilliant mate! absolutely awesome! nailed the club management side to this story this season :) can't wait for the next season :) just updated mine! KIU!

Cheers buddy :) yeh just commented

yer looks a cracker :) he is doing awesome! looks like we cross updated again! :L Lol

I bow to you fine sir.

Cheers buddy :)

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Manchester United claim unprecedented 5 Trophies

Sky_Sports-1.png

Monday 26.5.2014

11-2.png
1301394.png
carling.png
facup.png
comshield.png

Manchester United - Awards

Manchester United have finished off the season having won an unprecedented 5 trophies. Premier League, Champions League, Community Shield, Carling Cup and the FA Cup in Sir Ryan Giggs' first year of club management, an unbelievable feat for someone who just last season was still playing at the top level for club and country. This unbelievable feat has resulted in Sir Ryan Giggs claiming the Manager of the Year award.

Sir Ryan Giggs Manager of the Year

426-giggs--124081006154698600.jpg

'I am delighted to receive this award, but I couldn't have done it without my team, they put in some fabulous performances over the year and to remain unbeaten in 5 trophies in unbelievable. I can only tell the players what to do until they get on the pitch, once that happens then it's up to them to perform, which they have done in a great fashion so far for me.'

Chicharito wins Footballer of the Year and Premier League Golden Boot

pea.png

The little Mexican put in some unbelievable performances this season and scored an obscene 56 goals in 52 appearances for Manchester United, as well as assisting another 18. 'I am honoured to receive this award, but I couldn't have done it without the boss, he has given me opportunities this season to show what I can do. I hope to take this form into the World Cup for Mexico and gain success there.'

Nani wins Players' Player of the Year

Nani--001.jpg

Nani has been in the form of his life so far this season, scoring a personal best of 20 goals in 56 matches and 15 assists. Nani has really come to to forefront of everything that's been great about United this season. 'I feel honoured to receive this award, I feel in the best shape of my life and the form of my life. To come here and claim this award as well as win 5 trophies with Manchester United its a great feeling.'

Marc Jones claims Players' Young Player of the Year and Champions League Best Player

MarcJonesHead.png

Welsh midfielder Marc Jones has claimed the Players' Young Player of the Year after putting in some incredible performances over the season providing 35 assists in all competitions as well as 15 goals, all from an 18 year old. 'I put down all my success to the boss, he put trust in me for Wales at a young age, and I believe I have repaid him with strong performances. I am overjoyed with how this season's gone for me and the team.'

Wayne Rooney claims Champions League Golden Boot

Wayneboot.png

Wayne Rooney has claimed the UEFA Champions League Golden boot after scoring 9 goals in 6 appearances. It was a great effort from the 28 year old who has capped his best scoring season so far scoring 48 goals in 59 appearances as well as providing 21 assists to his team. 'I am delighted to have won this, I feel that the whole team played extremely well when it came down to it, we really showed Europe what we can do, and now it's time to show the World, with he World Cup on the horizon it's time to show people what England can do.'

Yeah, really good updates on them. All 5 titles is amazing! Cant wait for the World Cup :D

Brilliant mate just brilliant. Ive done a small update but i'm knackered now. lol. Glad Hernandez' scoring loads claimed him the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back