The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good story mate, I'm a bit late I think but oh well, well done for winning all the trophies, shame it's with United though ;)
Have a look in mine when you get time :)

Yeah, really good updates on them. All 5 titles is amazing! Cant wait for the World Cup :D

Cheers buddy :) I look forward to it as well

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Brilliant mate just brilliant. Ive done a small update but i'm knackered now. lol. Glad Hernandez' scoring loads claimed him the award.

Yeh he's a fabulous player, hope he can keep it up :D

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Good story mate, I'm a bit late I think but oh well, well done for winning all the trophies, shame it's with United though ;)
Have a look in mine when you get time :)

Yeh will do mate, haha yeh it might take a while to catch up i've been quite thorough to say the least lol!!

Walessite-1.png

Focus turns to Wales Pre - World Cup Friendly

801.png

With Sir Ryan Giggs having so much success this season with Manchester United, the trio of Welshman who play under him have issued rally cries ahead of their World Cup campaign. Wales will be playing in only their second World Cup when they qualified in Sweden 1958. During this tournament Wales managed to qualify for the quarter finals after defeating Uruguay in a Group 3 play off match 2 - 1. This tournament was notable as a certain 17 year old Pele who was 17 years old at the time, and he was the one who put Wales out of the competition after scoring a 66th minute goal. Brazil went on to the the tournament champions after defeating hosts Sweden in the final.

To keep the momentum going in preparation for the World Cup a friendly has been arranged against Scotland. Wales will be looking at putting in a good performance against the Scots. Sir Ryan is expected to name a full strength squad against Scotland as they look to build on some fantastic performances domestically so far this season. The match will be played at the Cardiff City Stadium in front of a capacity crowd.

Wales
801-1.png
Injury News

Wales without influential Andy King after he withdrawn from squad with ankle injury.

100100-1.png

Saturday 7.6.2014
International Friendly
Wales
801-1.png
793.png
Scotland

Jack Collison (18), Marc Jones (pen 25), James Collins (45+1) - Graham Dorrans (49)

C Evans

J Allen
G Bale - M Jones - A Ramsey - J Collison

N Taylor - J Collins - A Williams - C Gunter

W Hennessey

Gareth-Bale-9.jpg

Gareth Bale put in another performance of the highest standard as Wales brushed aside Scotland in a pre World Cup Friendly. The scoring was opened in the 18th minute after Jack Collison scored an absolute screamer of an indirect free kick from 35 yards, it was a fantastic effort and the young West Ham midfielder looked delighted with the goal. Wales were then given the opportunity to increase their lead after Gareth Bale was brought down by Alan Hutton who had been having a shocker against the young winger. Gareth Bale then completed his hat trick of assists as James Collins got on the end of his free kick to head in a powerful effort to make it 3 - 0. Scotland then got a consolation goal after Graham Dorrans scored a close range effort.

linebreak.png

Walessite-1.png

801.png

Wales announce World Cup Squad

Sunday 8th June 2014

Goalkeepers: Jason Brown, Wayne Hennessey, Boaz Myhill

Defenders: Danny Collins, James Collins, James Eardley, Chris Gunter, Adam Matthews, Neil Taylor, Ashley Williams

Midfielders: Gareth Bale, Jack Collison, David Edwards, David Jones, Marc Jones, Andy King, Joe Ledley, Aaron Ramsey, Robbie Savage

Forwards: Simon Church, Rob Earnshaw, Ched Evans, Sam Vokes

There are no surprises in the 23 man squad as Sir Ryan named his 23 man squad for the coming World Cup in Brazil. Andy King travels despite still suffering from a minor ankle injury, although it's expected that he will be fit to face Australia in Wales' opening match.

You should upload your tactics for download!!! :) anyway on topic with the story, once again cracking result

You should upload your tactics for download!!! :) anyway on topic with the story, once again cracking result

Oh yeh I completely forgot about that :) Sorry buddy, will get it done! will have to be after WC updates now! remind me when I get knocked out lol

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Brazil2014.png

World Cup Recap

logo-copa-brasil-fifa01.jpg

World Cup 2014 - Groups A to H

100100.png

Group A

364.png
- Canada
1651.png
- Brazil
772-1.png
- Greece
5.png
- Algeria

Group B

758.png
- Belarus
801-1.png
- Wales
1656.png
- Peru
1435.png
- Australia

Group C

1653.png
- Colombia
765.png
- England
793.png
- Scotland
16.png
- Egypt

Group D

51.png
- Tunisia
62002127.png
- Montenegro
761.png
- Croatia
133-1.png
- Saudi Arabia

Group E

21.png
- Ghana
135.png
- South Korea
771.png
- Germany
796.png
- Spain

Group F

786.png
- Norway
41.png
- Senegal
1655.png
- Paraguay
776.png
- Italy

Group G

114.png
- Iran
390.png
- U.S.A.
769.png
- France
1657.png
- Uruguay

Group H

1649.png
- Argentina
379.png
- Mexico
788.png
- Portugal
116.png
- Japan

To recap here are the groups for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, with Wales being drawn in Group B alongside the likes of Belarus, Peru and Australia. They are likely to fancy their chances against their fellow group members. Wales will be hoping to win their group as this should leave them a chance of facing someone other than Brazil who are favourites to win Group A.

Last edited:
All the best mate. Take a look at my Cardiff story too. I just started it. I'll be continuing Scotland at a later date.

EDIT: BTW, Amazing, winning five titles this season. Though the fact that you won it with United hurts, especially after the CL final. But great season anyways. Could you get Sir Ryan to manage Liverpool next season-gives the story a twist?

All the best mate. Take a look at my Cardiff story too. I just started it. I'll be continuing Scotland at a later date.

EDIT: BTW, Amazing, winning five titles this season. Though the fact that you won it with United hurts, especially after the CL final. But great season anyways. Could you get Sir Ryan to manage Liverpool next season-gives the story a twist?

Haha Giggsy would never manage Pool though :) I am thinking of potential twists and transfer dealings and what not :)

yeh man will check yours out!

Peru are always a fast wee team, will run themselves into the ground :L anyway good luck, off topic, just updated mine ;)

Peru are always a fast wee team, will run themselves into the ground :L anyway good luck, off topic, just updated mine ;)

Cheers buddy, :) will have a gander :) Yeh I think I'll do the match updates tonight, when more people are on :D and when I get back from work!

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Brazil2014.png

801.png

World Cup 2014 Kicks off

World Cup 2014 has today kicked off with the hosts Brazil getting off to winning ways defeating Algeria 5 - 2 in an incredible opening match. Kaka was the stand out player scoring 2 goals, whilst Pato, Dani Alves and David Luiz grabbed the others for the hosts. The other result in that group was a 0 - 0 draw between Canada and Greece.

Wales are today preparing for their World Cup opener against the team from down under Australia. Andy King has passed a late fitness test ahead of the match and is expected to start. The last time these two met it resulted in a 6 - 1 victory for the Reds as Sir Ryan boss scored a brace for the Reds. Australia boss Joe Brennan shocked many people as he left Tim Cahill out of the 23 man World Cup Squad.

Sir Ryan ahead of the clash with Australia,

808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1.jpg

'Australia will no doubt struggle without their star man Tim Cahill. I'm expecting a strong performance from the lads and I am delighted that Andy King has recovered from his ankle injury as I feel that he is a vital part of the football that we play. Gareth Bale will no doubt be important for us as he has been in fabulous form for club and country since I've seen the boy.'

100100-1.png

Saturday 14.6.2014
World Cup - Group B Match
Wales
801-1.png
1435.png
Australia

Gareth Bale (20, 27, 34), Andy King (66), Rhys Williams own goal (88)

C Evans

A King

G Bale - M Jones - A Ramsey - J Collison

N Taylor - J Collins - A Williams - C Gunter

W Hennessey

_42739971_wales2.jpg

MoM: Gareth Bale (9.6)

Gareth Bale put in a fantastic performance today and his pace and power was too much for Australia as they were left just watching the young Welshman. Wales immediately took the initiative in the game and with an extremely talented midfield pairing they dominated possession and began to push higher up he pitch and pin Australia further and further back. Gareth Bale then opened the scoring in the 20th minute after Aaron Ramsey, played a delightful ball that put the young Welsh winger clean through and he finished with a powerful effort to make it 1 - 0. Australia only had to wait another 7 minutes until they were picking the ball back out of their net after Jack Collison put in a fabulous cross to the far post where that man Gareth Bale was the first to the ball and beat Adam Federici with a powerful headed effort.

Gareth Bale then capped a wing master class as he netted his hat trick once again just 7 minutes after finishing with another neat headed effort from a Jack Collison cross. The pace of the game then slowed down as we came closer to the second half with Australia struggling to have any impact on the game at all. Andy King then capped an industrious performance in midfield as he scored a rebounded effort that came back off Adam Federici to finish neatly to make it 4 - 0. The rout was finally completed in the 88th minute after Jack Collison who has been in outstanding form to his country once again turned provider as he fired in a powerful cross for it to deflect into the Australia net via Rhys Williams.

linebreak.png

Brazil2014.png

765.png
793.png

Scotland earn shock win over England

After being brushed aside earlier in the week by Wales, it was Scotland's time to shine. They put in a fabulous backs to the wall display against England, with Steven Fletcher scoring a 34th minute winner after a well worked counter attacking move set up by David Goodwillie.

This result has shocked England supporters, as after the typical media hype had built up the belief that they could go all the way this season. After suffering a humiliating exit in Euro 2012, England look like they have the work cut out for them against Colombia and Egypt if they are to book their place in the first knock out stage.

England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has come out and publicly slammed England's performance in the game saying, 'It was an embarrassment, we should have won the game but are staring defeat in the face after a poor performance. We have to man up and perform in the coming games if we are to get anything out of this tournament.'

I thought Australlia would be the biggest opposition, Super Bale, Wales next saviour

absolutely amazing story...Probably the best fm story ive ever read!! keep up the good work!!

Brilliant win over Australia. Peru should be tougher IMO, but I think you should get through pretty easily. Will have to see if you face Brazil in the 2nd Round. They have to finish 2nd in their group though.

absolutely amazing story...Probably the best fm story ive ever read!! keep up the good work!!

Cheers buddy thanks for the feed back :D More updates from 7pm GMT tonight.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Brilliant win over Australia. Peru should be tougher IMO, but I think you should get through pretty easily. Will have to see if you face Brazil in the 2nd Round. They have to finish 2nd in their group though.

Yeh, I think they'll win their group so I'm hoping to win mine and play the runner up in another group :) Yeh I'm expecting Peru to be the toughest!

I haven't been commenting in the previous two weeks because my charger broke:(

Crikey, what a story. Easily one of the best on here, amazing achievement to not only reach but win Euro 2012! Hopefully you can dominate the world. (6)

great resaults will deffo give the tactics a try if u release em :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back