Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see the Scots lose but great win and precisely my reaction

That guy Giggs...

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, great work. KIU and try and read and comment on mine if you can. Carling Nations should be yours if you beat Ireland next. NI aren't that hard.

Sad to see the Scots lose but great win and precisely my reaction

That guy Giggs...

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, great work. KIU and try and read and comment on mine if you can. Carling Nations should be yours if you beat Ireland next. NI aren't that hard.

Yeh I'll have a read of yours literally now!! Just had to edit a previous post forgot to put someone in the squad :)

I'm hoping to win the nations cup will be good to get a trophy of some kind!!

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

westernMail.png

Wales star thanks Giggs on return

Allsport-Jack-Collison-Wales-Shirt_1110178.jpg

Jack Collison was left delighted after playing 30 minutes against Scotland

West Ham United midfielder Jack Collison yesterday made his return to International football after recovering from a damaged knee cap that left it on the touchline for 9 months.

"It was a great feeling to be back out there even if only for half an hour, I am delighted that Ryan has given me the opportunity and I feel that there has never been a better time to play for Wales, we are on an up and its all thanks to one man. We now have confidence and feel that we can beat anyone, I can't wait to play England in the Millennium Stadium in March its going to be a momentous occasion."

This comes after Collison had recently made 2 appearances in the FA Cup against Torquay and has certainly impressed the Wales Boss. "I am delighted to have another midfielder back in the squad, Jack is a great talent and will provide us with much needed depth over the coming months, with the league seasons coming to the final sprint I am hoping to maintain a full squad, but we all know that this isn't always the case."

Nice win over Scotland there.. whens the next update? (6)

linebreak.png

300x195_itv1_hd_black1_rgb_small.jpg

linebreak.png

Wales vs England

millstad.jpg

Wales are hosting England in a highly anticipated match

Welcome to ITV's coverage of a highly anticipated match between arch rivals Wales and England, in a match that has been spoken of as a decider of the group since the return of Ryan Giggs to the international scene.

Here joining me is former England defender Gareth Southgate, Ex Republic of Ireland midfielder Andy Townsend and representing the Welsh is former Fulham boss Chris Coleman. In a match that both teams are defining as must win games, the changing rooms are certainly going to be a tense place right now. After looking at the squads that were announced on Monday it is visible to see that Wales are certainly in a stronger position that England in terms of first choice players, but obviously the depth of England should be the driving force behind tonight's result. England are tonight without Liverpool Captain Steven Gerrard and Chelsea Captain John Terry. Gareth just how much of an impact do you think this will have on the England dressing room ahead of tonight's match.

"Well I feel that England have got enough depth to cope with these injuries. It is expected that England will be lining up with a midfield pairing of Frank Lampard, and either Michael Carrick or Tom Huddlestone who has impressed for Tottenham so far this season. I feel that the new partnership that's being formed up front with Andy Carroll and Wayne Rooney is certainly strengthening and looks like it could become one that England will be proud of. I'm not sure if the Welsh back line will be able to cope with the movement of Wayne and the strength and power of Andy Carroll. I find it hard to predict the result in this game as Ryan can produce a moment of brilliance out of nothing, but I think it'll be a close match, 2 - 1 England."

The England team sheet has just arrived and here it is.

linebreak.png

England Lineup:

3042D339-BCA7-1277-E4CE7FE65B42CCA0.jpg

EnglandLineup.png

linebreak.png

So Liverpool's young Martin Kelly comes in for experienced John Terry at the back for England and the midfield consists of a central pairing of Lampard and Carrick, what do you make of this formation then Andy.

"Well I think that Martin Kelly will certainly have his hands full with Sam Vokes up front for Wales, but he is alongside an extremely experienced Rio Ferdinand. By the look of this lineup it looks like Capello has the idea that Michael Carrick will sit in front of the back four and use his ability to bring other players into and launch the ball for Aaron Lennon and Adam Johnson to get at the Welsh fullbacks. Up front England look like they can really cause the Welsh back four problems. I would put my money on England today despite the resurgence of Wales under the legend that is Ryan Giggs. You always know with Glenn Johnson and Ashley Cole that you have two full backs who will continually look to push forward so Wales will have to ensure they don't end up playing too deep or they could really end up being put under the kosh. My prediction England comfortable win 2 - 0."

Here comes the Welsh team sheet fresh off the press, some interesting inclusions.

linebreak.png

Wales Lineup:

NewWalesCrestcopy.jpg

waleslineup.png

linebreak.png

So the two golden oldies start for Wales once again after performing so well against Scotland last month. Chris Gunter returns at right back after recovering from his hamstring injury and he certainly looks to be thrown straight in at the deep end playing against an in-form Ashley Cole and Adam Johnson. Jack Collison again makes the bench for Wales after making a comeback for Wales against Scotland last month. What are your opinions on this lineup for Wales then Chris.

"From looking at the lineups I have some doubts about Wales' chances, Robbie Savage will certainly have his hands full in the middle of the park against Michael Carrick and Frank Lampard. I think it will be important for Wales to get in the England midfield's faces and let them know that their in a game early on as they don't have much pace in the centre of the park and could be susceptible to counter attacks with the pace of Lennon, Adam Johnson and Wayne Rooney. Vaughan is the main midfield dynamo linking up play from deep before they get the ball to Ryan Giggs, who will no doubt be involved in any success that Wales do get from this game. After seeing the lineups I am predicting a tight game, a score draw."

So that's one score draw predicted by Chris Coleman and two wins for England predicted by Gareth Southgate and Andy Townsend, now I'm just not sure what the result could be tonight, its going to be tense but one thing for sure is we know it'll be a fantastic game of football, their is a capacity crowd here tonight at the Millenium Stadium and we can hear all around the name of Ryan Giggs being chanted, Chris what has been Ryan's impact since his return.

"I think that's plain to see he has all 65,000 of the Welsh fans in here behind him and the team respect him massively for coming out of retirement and leading them in the way he has. I also look forward to seeing Gareth Bale play against Glenn Johnson we know he is suspect defensively and young Gareth can really capitalise on that tonight. There has not been one game for Wales so far where he has failed to make an impact, its incredible for a player at the age of 37, to still be putting in performances of this calibre at this level. I think that every day that we see this man play will be a great honour for all of us. We are witnessing one of the world's greatest ever players in action."

Its time for us to cross over to our touchline reporter Gabriel Clarke, who's been speaking with Wales boss Ryan Giggs.

linebreak.png

Giggs_415.jpg

Gabriel: Well, what an incredible atmosphere out there tonight, I don't think I've ever heard a Welsh football crowd behind their team as much as they are right now.

Ryan: I know Gabriel its amazing out there, they are here to watch us beat England and that's what our game plan is, we plan on taking the game to England and stop them from getting into their game.

Gabriel: With Martin Kelly at the back for England you must believe you can take advantage of his lack of experience and capitalise on this.

Ryan: Martin is in the England squad through merit, he has been a good player for Liverpool so far this season and has obviously impressed Fabio enough to choose his in the starting 11.

Gabriel: You must be delighted to have your first choice Chris Gunter back for this game.

Ryan: We are really happy to have him back in the squad, he has been outstanding for us so far, and I'm sure he'll continue to show us what he can do.

Gabriel: You have once again decided to start Robbie Savage in central midfield ahead of Andy King and Aaron Ramsey, what was the thinking behind this?

Ryan: I feel that Robbie has brought back some steel to our midfield and his experience is vital, he performed very well for us against Scotland and feel that this is the kind of game where he can repeat that performance.

Gabriel: Thank you very much for your time Ryan.

linebreak.png

So it looks like Ryan has decided to go for Robbie Savage in the middle of the park to bring some steel and experience where he feels that the team have lacked it over recent times. What do you make of this decision Gareth?

"Well Ryan certainly hasn't made many wrong decisions yet in his tenure and I personally agree with him in playing Robbie Savage in midfield, I think that if he had gone ahead with Aaron Ramsey or Andy King they might have got stage fright facing Chelsea talisman Frank Lampard and Michael Carrick. Robbie certainly won't be fazed in the face on this and will no doubt relish it."

Okay Gabriel Clarke has no been joined by the England Boss Fabio Capello.

linebreak.png

Fabio-Capello-1_1.jpg

"Uuummmm, we have gone with an attacking team tonight to face Wales, errrr, Wayne Rooney and Andy Carroll have been playing well and I hope to see more success from them today. Wales are a good team but we are experienced and know how to win this kind of game. I want the players to play without fear and press them all over the pitch. Uuummm Martin Kelly has impressed me with Liverpool and appeared for me twice already. We want to win this game to qualify with games in hand at the end of the qualifying."

linebreak.png

So Capello is confident of a victory against Wales tonight, I guess only time will tell, the teams are on their way out, and if you join us after the break we will have the kick off here at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.

_40965905_giggs.jpg

Ryan Giggs leading Wales out to face England

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Nice win over Scotland there.. whens the next update? (6)

Was a lucky win against Scotland, good old Ryan saved us again. Just updated :)

Looking forward to seeing the result of this game, great update though, can see that you put a lot of time and effort into it, defiantley my favourite story at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing the result of this game, great update though, can see that you put a lot of time and effort into it, defiantley my favourite story at the moment.

Thanks mate its that sort of feedback that drives me on :D although I am loving playing this story as well, Ryan Giggs is brilliant although I haven't really had any really hard matches, England is the first of those hard matches.

Thanks mate its that sort of feedback that drives me on :D although I am loving playing this story as well, Ryan Giggs is brilliant although I haven't really had any really hard matches, England is the first of those hard matches.

Glad it helps man, really good to see your playing Jack Collision, who is my favourite West Ham player along with Scotty boy :D

Glad it helps man, really good to see your playing Jack Collision, who is my favourite West Ham player along with Scotty boy :D

Jack is a really really good player, I had played as West Ham before and he was a top performer when he came back in January, has a great work rate and plenty of potential as well. I think he will become one of my first choice central midfielders eventually.

Whens the update with england score! sitting here eager man!! :D

Im really enjoying this story, it's up there with the Palermo one and the Livingston one

Whens the update with england score! sitting here eager man!! :D

Yeh on the way mate, just doing the second half and then its done :D

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Earnshaw comes off bench to secure memorable victory

_39989611_earnshaw_pa300x300.jpg

Wales record memorable victory over a sorry looking England team 2 - 0 at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff last night.

In a match that many predicted to be a long hard night against an England side that has looked re-vitalised over the past months. The first chance came in the 8th minute after Adam Johnson had a good effort from the edge of the box blocked by Wales defender Ashley Williams. England looked good in the early minutes putting pressure on Wales with Lampard getting the better over Savage and Vaughan in the early stages of the match.

Then in the 12th minute the tables turned after Ryan Giggs put a fabulous cross in from a corner for Gareth Bale who was positioned in front of Joe Hart beat him in the air comfortably to head home and put the Welsh ahead. This caused the crowd to reach an even higher volume chanting Gareth Bale's England tried to bounce back after Frank Lampard had a long range effort palmed the shot away by Wales Goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey. Almost immediately after England pushed forward again and Carrick played a wonderful ball through for Andy Carroll who should really have done better after Wayne Hennessey managed to get down to his left and save the shot.

Sam Vokes had a fabulous chance to make it 2 - 0 after being played through by Wales Talisman Ryan Giggs, but his chipped effort bounced off the top of the bar Almost immediately afterwards Ryan Giggs once again played a great ball for Sam Vokes who had a fierce shot punched away by an outstretched Joe Hart.

Lampard.png

Lampard was left ruing his missed chances

England started off the second half strongly creating an early chance where Michael Carrick fired narrowly wide. The second half then began to slow down as both England struggled to create chances, Ryan Giggs then felt it was time for a change with a Sam Vokes becoming growingly frustrated and looking like he might pick up a second booking at any time. Robert Earnshaw came on with the emphasis changing for supply to the target man to run on to ball, there was an immediate impact as in the 70th minute Robbie Savage won the ball in the middle of the park passed to Giggs who expertly played through Robert Earnshaw and as he was clean through all the Welsh supporters began to stand up in anticipation of the impending excitement. Earnshaw then slotted the ball with consummate ease.

Wales really began to turn on the style then as chance after chance began to fall to the Reds as England began to push forward in an effort to get a goal back. Ryan Giggs once again played Earnshaw through who really should have done better as he fired the ball into the keepers chest. Robbie Savage then fired a 30 yard free kick narrowly over the bar with Joe Hart looking beaten. It was nearly a humiliation in the 90th minute as Gareth Bale played an expert pass over the top to Earnshaw who once again fired the ball straight at Joe Hart, but it was enough Wales had secured a memorable victory against an English side who will rue their missed chances.

WalesvEnglandSplitView.png

EnglandStats.png

Attendance: 72,500​

Robbie Earnshaw of all people :D fantastic win over England, you should make the Euro's now :)

Amazing result! gareth bale scored then! awesome keep it going :)

Great result in beating the English there ! Seems like you're well on your way to the top, keep it up :)

Robbie Earnshaw of all people :D fantastic win over England, you should make the Euro's now :)

I couldn't believe it, I have set Bale on set pieces to stand in front of the keeper and it's really worked. :D It was a great ball from Giggs to set up Earnshaw.

The game was comfortable after we got the second, could have made it 3 or 4 if Earnshaw didn't miss some great chances.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Amazing result! gareth bale scored then! awesome keep it going :)

Oh yes I'm chuffed with that result qualification for the Euro's is looking a guarantee its just whether through top position or second, but I'm hoping to secure top spot.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Great result in beating the English there ! Seems like you're well on your way to the top, keep it up :)

Yeh I think the result might have been different if Gerrard and Terry were playing, not sure why Kelly started at centre back, he was at fault for conceding the first goal.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Wales vs England - Post Match Reaction

GiggsInterview.png

"This is a memorable day for Wales, I would like to thank all of the players for the way they played, we looked top quality today, stopped England playing and restricted them to only 1 clear cut chance, whilst scoring 2 and we could have scored more, it was a great day for us.

It was a great feeling then Rob put in the second goal for us, he has been a great servant for Wales over the years and continues to put in match winning performances. I think our Euro 2012 qualification is now in our hands. If we win our remaining home matches we will be on 18 points and guaranteed top spot. Its a great day for us, we are on the verge of being where Wales hasn't for along time.

Robbie Savage performed admirably once again for us today and very nearly got himself on the scoresheet, Joe Hart was clearly beaten but it just went over the bar. He has great ability from free-kicks, but at the moment its a battle of which of us is going to be taking it. Now its time for us to go back to our hotel and let this victory sink in."

Amazing win over England. Great update. KIU.

Definitely the best story in here.

Thanks for the feedback mate will have some more updates today :)

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United win 19th League Title

GIggs2.jpg

Ryan Giggs pictured with the United Squad

Manchester United claim their 12th Premier League Title in 19 years after finish top of the League and become the Premier League's most successful club of all time.

The Red Devils secured the title with 2 games left to play with their closest rivals Liverpool putting in a great effort in an attempt to prevent Manchester United from eclipsing them as England's most successful club in terms of League titles.

"It's a great feeling." said Ryan Giggs. "I feel that this has been our aim since the Alex first arrived and its an unbelievable feeling to finally achieve this. What makes this title even better than the rest is that Liverpool were our closest Rivals putting in a great effort to stop us from winning it."

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

Premier League Table after 38 Games

Manchester United's league success has no doubt been down to the great performances put in by a certain Ryan Giggs who has not only performed outstandingly on the International stage but has also had his best scoring League season in his twenty one league seasons, scoring 14 goals and aiding United cause with 13 assists.

RyanGiggsProfile_Attributes-2.png

Alex Ferguson commented on the League Title and Ryan Giggs' best scoring season of all time. "He's an unbelievable professional and if anything I think his return to Wales has inspired him to reach another level that I think we both didn't realise that he had. To score 14 goals from midfield is an incredible feat. I am delighted for us to have won the title this season and to win it the way we did its a great feeling. We have pipped Liverpool to the post and are now the League's most successful club of all time. We don't plan to stop here I plan to continue as long as I feel that my health will allow me to."

Sad to see Liverpool lose like that. Anyways, great season for Giggs (thats one Man Utd player I like despite being a Liverpool fan). Great story again.

1562.jpg

Saturday 7th May 2011

linebreak.png

Giggs linked with vacant Stoke position

Tony-Pulis-001.jpg

Tony Pulis endured a tough season managing Stoke

Tony Pulis today has been relieved of his duties by Stoke Chairman Peter Coates, after a disappointing season which resulted in them being relegated from the Premier League.

Ryan Giggs has been linked with the vacant managers post at Stoke City after Tony Pulis was sacked today. Stoke City finished in 19th place after setting high expectations at the start of the season. It is however likely that Ryan Giggs will disassociate himself with the position after enjoying one of his greatest seasons of all time.

Stoke City chairman has spoken and declared an interest in the Wales Boss saying "He has pulled up tree's with Wales and has been unbelievable for them, we need to get straight back into the Premier League and I feel that he would be the man to take us."

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Sad to see Liverpool lose like that. Anyways, great season for Giggs (thats one Man Utd player I like despite being a Liverpool fan). Great story again.

Yeh cheers mate, it was a really close season and looks like it came down to their 2 head to heads which United won both!!! Giggs was immense scoring 14 in the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.