Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaa will draft it in for my next update as i havent got many games this month! will be an update around tomorrow evening :D following this a treat though! its awesome! :D

Good times, I'll have one done tomorrow, got some interesting sub plots in mind :D

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Yeah can I use that line up formation thing aswel?

Feel free mate its an awesome tool!

Good times, I'll have one done tomorrow, got some interesting sub plots in mind :D

Hahaa i love sub plots, i got one coming soon! seeing as i only got a year left on my contract, could be time to move on, Speculation will arise i tell youu! ;)

Hahaa i love sub plots, i got one coming soon! seeing as i only got a year left on my contract, could be time to move on, Speculation will arise i tell youu! ;)

Haha I've been offered all sorts of jobs from Villareal to Sevilla, but I don't even want to include those in story, as it would never be believable that Giggs went to Spain to manage and still played for United haha!! I look forward to your updates!!

Haha I've been offered all sorts of jobs from Villareal to Sevilla, but I don't even want to include those in story, as it would never be believable that Giggs went to Spain to manage and still played for United haha!! I look forward to your updates!!

Yer that's the only problem with doing a career with a player still playing, maybe if this is still running wen he retires on your game he could accept one of those jobs ;) yes and yours mate!!

I've got a plan of where I want to end up, its all just a waiting game, and got a Euro's to hopefully win in the mean time :D haha!!! I've played the friendlies and will do an update about those with sub plots etc, and then its the big one!!!

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Walessite.png

Retired United Legend praises Giggs' work

_48819534_scholes_640.jpg

Ahead of Wales' pre Euro 2012 friendlies against Andorra and San Marino we had the pleasure of meeting Paul Scholes for an exclusive interview talking about Ryan Giggs and the success he has brought to Wales.

Paul Scholes today joins us and we are going to talk about Ryan Giggs and the massive effect that he has had on the Wales' team since his arrival in July 2010. Paul Scholes recently retired in August after making 680 appearances and scoring 160 goals in all competitions during his time at his one and only club Manchester United.

"It was a hard decision to finally hang my boots up, but I felt that I wasn't able to continue playing at the level that was required. It's amazing that Ryan can still do what he's doing and perform on the International stage."

Since coming out of International retirement Ryan Giggs' Wales have won 17 of their 18 matches, and recording an impressive 2 - 0 victory over England in their highest profile win. With Wales looking forward to the Euro 2012 Paul Scholes gives his verdict.

"I think it's going to be tough for them but I do think that Ryan can get them out of the group, he is incredible to have around the dressing room and his experience is vital despite him not ever having actually attended to International competition finals before.

They've got a tough group, with Czech Republic being the strongest opponents. I think they might be able to ****** a draw, whilst I have ever confidence in them getting victories over Denmark and Poland, although you can never guarantee anything, I think the most important factor is keeping all of the players fit, if Wales are without some of their star names then it could be catastrophic to their hopes."

Well that's Paul's verdict on Wales' chances in the finals and it looks like he has hopes for them any way. That's all for now, thanks for watching.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Walessite.png

Wales-1.png

Wales Pre - Euro 2012 Friendlies

ManchesterUnitedTrainingPressConference9i565b2GHyal.jpg

Ryan Giggs training with Wales ahead of the coming Euro 2012 competition

It is now time for Wales to focus on their preparation for the Euro 2012 as they have friendlies against Andorra and San Marino.

As Wales look ahead to their first major championship since the 1976 campaign where they managed to reach the Quarter Finals where they lost to Yugoslavia in a two legged match. Wales have no fresh injury concerns ahead of their friendlies and will look to put in some strong performances ahead of the Euro 2012 Campaign. Wales boss Ryan Giggs spoke concerning the coming friendlies.

linebreak.png

340x-1-1.jpg

"With the coming friendlies we feel that we have been criticised by the quality of the opposition that have been selected. I feel that both teams will give us challenges and help us prepare in certain areas ahead of the competition, we have a fully fit team except for James Collins who picked up a knock in training today and will not be involved against Adorra and will be looking to put in some strong performances. We are looking forward to the competition with great anticipation and feel that we have a good chance as long as the players perform."

linebreak.png

Friendly No. 1

Andorra vs Wales

andorra-flag-2.png

Wales Lineup:

Andorralineup.png

Prediction: 4 - 0 Wales

linebreak.png

Ryan Giggs scores 2 goals as Wales romp to 5 - 0 victory

a307334d5b68d308b60810335aff-grande.jpg

Result

Andorra - 0

Wales - 5

Sam Vokes (1 )
Marc Jones (37)
Ryan Giggs (pen 45+1, 57)
Ched Evans (64)

Match Summary

In a match that Wales managed to break the deadlock so early in, it took them a while to start flowing but once the goals from Marc Jones and Ryan Giggs came in they never looked back and passed the ball around with consummate ease and looked very comfortable in possession.

linebreak.png

Friendly No. 2

Wales vs San Marino

san_marino_sammarinese_flag.png

Wales Lineup:

Andorralineup.png

Prediction: 5 - 0 Wales

linebreak.png

Aaron Ramsey stars as Wales win 4 - 0 in Cardiff

article-0-0736FD56000005DC-451_468x302.jpg

Result

Wales - 4

Ryan Giggs (24, pen 35)
Aaron Ramsey (31, 45+2)

San Marino - 0

Match Summary

Wales completed their preparation for the European Championship Finals in some style as Aaron Ramsey scored 2, as well as Ryan Giggs completing a 4 - 0 victory in a match that they were predicted to win with ease. It's now time for Ryan Giggs and his team to get through the rest of their league campaign before playing in the biggest competition of their lives.

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United win 20th League Title

GIggs2.jpg

Ryan Giggs kissing the Premier League Trophy

Manchester United claim their 13th Premier League Title in 20 years and their 20th overall League Title after the dominate the league finishing 7 points clear.

Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United have clinched another League Title after finishing 7 points clear of 2nd placed Liverpool who will be heartbroken by falling yet again at the final hurdle winning just 1 or their final 5 matches. Manchester United have now won the League Title 5 out of the last 6 years after just losing out to Chelsea in the 2009/10 campaign after Chelsea completed the double over them.

Chelsea however have failed to reach these heights since after finishing 4th for the last 2 years with Liverpool and Arsenal both finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively. Ryan Giggs after winning his 13th Premier League Title. "I can't believe it, it's been an amazing experience and I am overjoyed with this result not only because we move 2 titles ahead of Liverpool but as I get older each Title that we win just means that little bit more."

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-4.png

Premier League Table after 38 games

The 2011/12 Premier League campaign resulted in all three of the recently promoted teams being relegated in their first season in the Premiership. Fulham survived on the final day with a dramatic victory over Bristol City in a match that would have seen the loser relegated.

linebreak.png

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United win Champions League to complete Double

ManchesterUnitedvChelseaUEFAChampions2Pn32zZ6zuHl.jpg

Ryan Giggs lifting Champions League Trophy for the 3rd time

Manchester United today defeated a A.C. Milan team 3 - 0 in a final that many said was beyond them, A.C. Milan romped to victory in their domestic league Serie A after finishing 9 points clear of closest rivals Napoli. Alex Ferguson was left delighted with his side after seeing a 38 year old Ryan Giggs lead out Manchester United to win their 3rd Champions League in Alex Ferguson' tenure as boss at the Red Devils.

Ryan Giggs was on form in the match after gaining an assist for a wonderful effort from range that clipped the inside of the post and bounced to Dimitar Berbatov to fire in from close range to open the scoring. Manchester United were the better team through the match carving A.C. Milan to pieces on several occasions. Ryan Giggs after the victory,

"This is an unbelievable season for us, we have retained the Premier League and won our 3rd Champions League Title, it's an incredible feeling and I just want it to continue. I flt I played well today against Milan, they are a top team but I felt we were better on the day and could have scored more."

ACMilanvManUtdSplitView.png

ACMilanvManUtdSplitView2.png

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

can't wait for euro

Yeh I can't either!! haven't played them yet, going to do a few pre-tournament updates to build it up before it starts!! Want it to seem like a proper major championship finals.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

FAWebsite-1-1.png

With the Euro's a month away the English media has continue to get on the bandwagon stating that 'this is England's year' and why they believe that they can indeed win the Euro's in Poland and Ukraine.

Many newspapers around England are talking up England's chances of success in Euro 2012. With the reason that if they manage to qualify from their group then half of the challenge has been achieved. England will be facing Italy, Scotland and Croatia in Group C.

Italy are likely to be the biggest challenge in the group stage as England will be facing a defence that has only conceded 1 goal in 10 competitive matches ahead of the competition finals. Whilst Croatia finished top of Group F ahead of Greece who lost out to England in the play off's.

England believe that with the form that Rooney has been in over the last 3 seasons scoring 34, 24 and 34 goals. Many England fans are pinning their hopes on Wayne Rooney being fit for the competition and hopeful of him being able to carry this form into the first match against France.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

UefaWebsite.png

Wales Euro 2012 Squad Named

Wales-1.png

Ryan Giggs today has announced his 23 man squad for The Euro 2012 Finals

Ryan Giggs' Euro 2012 squad doesn't really contain many surprises other than the inclusion of 16 year old Marc Jones, who after shocking many fans after being drafted into the squad for Wales' last few qualifying matches, and has already scored 2 goals in his first 7 internationals.

Wales squads average age works out at 26 years old, with the overall age being dragged up due to Ryan Giggs (38) and Robbie Savage (37) but they will be providing the vital experience that this side needs in the bid to succeed.

GOALKEEPERS:

1438798320-soccer-fifa-world-cup-2010-qualifying-round-group-four-wales-1.jpg

Wayne Hennessey (Wolves)
Jason Brown (Blackburn)
Boaz Myhill (West Brom)

DEFENDERS:

_46352082_james_collins_celeb_get-1.jpg

Chris Gunter (Blackburn)
Adam Matthews (Portsmouth)
Danny Collins (Stoke)
James Collins (Aston Villa)
Ashley Williams (Swansea)
Neil Taylor (Portsmouth)

MIDFIELD:

wales-giggs-1.jpg

Gareth Bale (Tottenham)
Robbie Savage (Derby)
Jack Collison (West Ham)
Joe Ledley (Celtic)
David Vaughan (Bolton)
Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)
Marc Jones (Cardiff)
David Edwards (Wolves)
Ryan Giggs (Man Utd)
Andy King (Wolves)

FORWARDS:

vokes_801908c1-1.jpg

Craig Bellamy (Man City)
Rob Earnshaw (Nottm Forest)
Ched Evans (Sheff Utd)
Sam Vokes (Newcastle)

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

UefaWebsite.png

Wales Euro 2012 Squad Numbers Released

Wales-1.png

Ryan Giggs today has released the numbers for the Wales Squad ahead of The Euro 2012 Finals

_40965905_giggs1.jpg

Ryan Giggs wears iconic No. 11 shirt

1. Wayne Hennessey
2. Chris Gunter
3. Gareth Bale
4. Marc Jones
5. James Collins
6. David Vaughan
7. Craig Bellamy
8. Robbie Savage
9. Sam Vokes
10. Rob Earnshaw
11. Ryan Giggs
12. Ashley Williams
13. Joe Ledley
14. Jason Brown
15. Boaz Myhill
16. Adam Matthews
17. Andy King
18. Aaron Ramsey
19. Ched Evans
20. David Edwards
21. Danny Collins
22. Jack Collison
23. Neil Taylor

Last edited:
Brilliant friendly results! nice update about scholes and awesome premier league and champions league analysis with Man united! and the euro's are almost here! ah <3

Brilliant friendly results! nice update about scholes and awesome premier league and champions league analysis with Man united! and the euro's are almost here! ah <3

Cheers mate, got some more updates coming soon :)

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

BBC.png

Euro 2012 - Players to watch

Euro-2012.jpg

Hello I'm Gary Lineker and welcome to Match of the Day's pre - Euro 2012 show, where we are going to take a look at each team that's involved and the players to keep an eye out for in Wales' Group A, as well as England and Scotland's Group C.

With the first game starting in just 5 days, the atmosphere has really been growing as each day passes. I am joined my Mark Lawrenson, Alan Hansen and also England legend David Beckham to look at who each of our pundits will be touting as their favourites to winning the competition, as well as the top players to keep an eye out for within each team.

Players to watch

So first to start lets talk about some players to keep an eye on, so to start with we will look at Group A, with a young player that we feel could make an impact at this years competition, a young Czech Republic player Tomas Necid.

Czech Republic - Tomas Necid Profile:

tomas-necid-120x120-en.jpg

Caps: 34
Goals: 20
Current Club: FC Porto

Tomas Necid is a great talent and has been in fine form since moving to FC Porto at the start of the 2011/12 season, he so far has a scoring goal scoring ratio of a goal every game and a half. Someone really worth keeping an eye on at the competition.

linebreak.png

Next someone who doesn't really need an introduction as he has been in unbelievable form for Spurs over the last 2 years, aiding his team with 17 goals and 23 assists in 72 league matches.

Wales - Gareth Bale Profile:

102225-1.jpg

Caps: 46
Goals: 10
Current Club: Tottenham Hotspur

Gareth Bale is someone teams will no doubt be fearing ahead of the Euro 2012 Finals, he has been in great form for Wales so far since Ryan Giggs' arrival in 2010, he already has 46 caps at the age of 22 years old which is a great achievement.

linebreak.png

Next is Poland's stand out player.

Poland - Ireneusz Jelen Profile:

1417.jpg

Caps: 39
Goals: 7
Current Club: Olympic Lyonnais

The 31 year old OL striker will be looking to impact for Poland in the European Cup and scored in Poland's last friendly against Ukraine before the Euro's

linebreak.png

The final team in Group A is Denmark and their top player.

Denmark - Simon Kjaer Profile:

31121_1284683002.jpg

Caps: 30
Goals: 3
Current Club: Manchester City

Manchester City fans will have already had the chance to experience this highly rated Danish centre back and see what he is capable of after arriving in the January transfer window and going on to make 12 league appearances for the club.

linebreak.png

The first team we will look at is Croatia and their star man.

Croatia - Luka Modric Profile:

74699-1.jpg

Caps: 63
Goals: 9
Current Club: Tottenham Hotspur

A man who needs no introduction and has been the midfield dynamo in everything that has been successful about Tottenham over the last few years. Incredibly experienced beyond him years with a great work rate and fantastic vision, teams will certainly have to watch out for him.

linebreak.png

And finally Italy's man to watch.

Italy - Daniele de Rossi Profile:

58656.jpg

Caps: 77
Goals: 14
Current Club: Roma

If this man can control his aggression then he has the ability to drive Italy towards the final of the competition he has been a mainstay in the Italian team that performed so well in the qualifying rounds, and will no doubt be incredibly invaluable to them in the European Finals.

linebreak.png

So that's enough of our players to watch what do you make of those players that England, Wales and Scotland will have to deal with in the Group Stage then Mark?

marklawrenson.jpg

"Well from looking at the profiles, I have to say what an incredible level of talent that will be on show, I do worry for Wales and them facing Tomas Necid who has been in incredible form when playing International football his record of 20 goals in 34 games is enough to scare anyone. I still have my reservations about the Welsh defence and whether they will be able to do it at the big stage, but I might be proved wrong. As for England and Scotland, Luka Modric, what can be said about him, he has been in great form for club and country and is really developing into a World Class midfielder has has the ability to boss a midfield and it will certainly be up to England and Scotland to stop him doing this. Then there's Italy's Daniele de Rossi, and as mentioned in his profile, his aggression he really needs to control that as he will need to be on the pitch for Italy to maintain the form that they had in the group stage. It was indeed the one match that he was suspended for that they lost conceding their only goal against Slovenia - Big Influence on Italy's success."

So certainly some players to keep an eye out for as the competition draws closer its now time to move on who our pundits believe will be the favourites for the competition.

linebreak.png

Euro 2012 - Favourites

So first of all we'll ask Alan Hansen, Alan who do you think are the favourites to go through and win this competition.

Alan_Hansen.jpg

"Well looking at all of the teams involved I really do feel that the team to watch out for has to be Italy. They have been in scintillating form in the qualifiers and have only lost 1 competitive international since their dismal exit at the World Cup back in 2010. It has been an incredible turn around for them, if I was to put my money on a team it would be Italy. Manchester United have just agree'd to sign another Italian player that could have a massive influence on this European Cup, Antonio Candreva and incredibly talented player who I am tipping to be a success at the tournament as well as Italy."

Interesting Italy will certainly be hoping that they can start the competition off well with their game against England on the 12th June. Certainly going to be a great affair. Now David, sorry to have left you out of things so far, who would be your favourites for the competition?

david-beckham-interview-pic-screengrab-yahoo-854854637.jpg

"I think I might surprise quite a few people with the team I'm tipping, I really have a feeling about Croatia they have got some fantastically talented players as well as some great team players. I really think they can go far in this competition up front they have a great worker in Ivica Olic who will just not stop running for the team, then in midfield Rakitic, Modric as the creative powerhouses and Vukojevic as the man who can stop other teams playing. Then in defence Darijo Srna, fantastic Captain for Shaktar been a great leader and really has great ability and then holding in all in the back line Simunic a great defender. That doesn't include the bench that includes ex Arsenal striker Eduardo, and Tottenham midfielder Kranjcar, its a great team who have a fantastic chance to go far."

That sounds like a bold prediction there David but it is indeed a prediction none the less. None of our pundit's going for a home nation win at the competition, that's certainly a note to end the show on. So that's our pundits predictions on the Euro's we'll have another update coming soon where we have an exclusive interview with Wales and Manchester United Legend Ryan Giggs ahead of Wales' first match against Denmark.

Predictions:

Mark Lawrenson - Italy

Alan Hansen - Italy

David Beckham - Croatia

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

skybet341x296.gif

Sky Bet release Euro 2012 Odds

Holland 2/1
France 3/1
Italy 5/1
Portugal 5/1
England 6/1
Croatia 8/1
Czech Republic 10/1
Slovakia 11/1
Wales 40/1
Scotland 50/1
Sweden 50/1
Ukraine 100/1
Denmark 50/1
Poland 100/1
Romania 100/1
Austria 250/1

Another brilliant update, a good aspect to it and every bit of detail you could think about cramming in there! its awesome with the players! the verdicts and predictions! think you've nailed this story mate! Spot on! :D

Another brilliant update, a good aspect to it and every bit of detail you could think about cramming in there! its awesome with the players! the verdicts and predictions! think you've nailed this story mate! Spot on! :D

Cheers mate I thought it'd be a good aspect to add, got a few more things to do then its the first game against Denmark!!!

Cheers mate I thought it'd be a good aspect to add, got a few more things to do then its the first game against Denmark!!!

Yer its real good! detail and everything! first story i look for when i come on here! :D

Yer its real good! detail and everything! first story i look for when i come on here! :D

Haha cheers mate I think it might be a bit more read if it wasn't about a lowly nation like Wales haha :) but I'm loving doing it so its all gravy!!

Haha cheers mate I think it might be a bit more read if it wasn't about a lowly nation like Wales haha :) but I'm loving doing it so its all gravy!!

Yer exactly you got some followers and the story still may take off :) just give it time! Im following for sure! just done my next lil' teaser update :D

Yer exactly you got some followers and the story still may take off :) just give it time! Im following for sure! just done my next lil' teaser update :D

Indeed I reckon so going to plough through this pre tournament interview then get started on the matches!!!

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Exclusive: Ryan Giggs Interview

8727fb3e.jpg

With Euro 2012 kicking off later today we have an exclusive interview that was carried out a few days ago with regards to the coming matches and how they've coped in the build up to this tournament.

Interviewer: So Ryan, you did it, you've got Wales to the Finals congratulations.

Ryan: Thank you very much, it was a great achievement, but the real work starts now we want to push on represent Wales as well as we possibly can.

InterviewerHonestly Ryan, what do you think of your chances in this competition?

Ryan: I really feel that we have got a chance, once we get out of the group stage its a gamble of who you can get but we know that we just have to perform, and that's what we will do, our determination whether we win or lose the competition will not be questioned because we play to use every ounce of energy we have.

Interviewer: You must be delighted to see many of the stronger teams all in the same groups with each other, what do you think this does for your chances?

Ryan: Well every team that is here, is here on merit. Scotland for example are the reason why Spain aren't here, so it would be foolish to under estimate any of the teams that are present.

Interviewer: With you just having the season you've had winning the Champions League and Premier League would it be the best year ever if you did against all odds manage to achieve something at this tournament?

Ryan: Well it certainly would be a fantastic achievement, and I think I would have to say yes, I can't comprehend what my life would be like without football and just want to continue at the moment, and see how long my body can keep going.

Interviewer: Well it's only right that a player of your quality has managed to grace a Major Competition Finals, and I'm sure all the neutrals out there will be backing you.

Ryan: I feel that it's been my duty to help Wales get to a major competition and I feel I have succeeded now I am aiming to take that further.

Interviewer: In what respect do you mean you want to take it further?

Ryan: Well I think it would be a fantastic achievement to win the competition and that is our overall goal, and I will be pushing the team to do so.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Wales are nothing! - Nicklas Bendtner issues Wales insult

01.jpg

In the build up to tonight's game Nicklas Bendtner has hit out at Wales, and boss Ryan Giggs claiming 'they have no hope.'

Arsenal and Denmark Striker Nicklas Bendtner has shocked Wales, ahead of tonight's match after claiming that the team are not good enough to be at the finals, and were lucky to be here. His statement was.

"I think that Wales were lucky, they are not a good enough team to be at the finals, and when we beat them on Monday the group will be between us and Czech Republic, Wales will be sent home packing."

There has been no response as of yet from the Welsh camp after these comments were made, with many people expecting Ryan Giggs not to speak out regarding this and to rather show Bendtner on the pitch how wrong he is about Wales and their chances.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

linebreak.png

bbcsport1u-1.png

Euro-2012.jpg

linebreak.png

Euro 2012 Group A - Wales vs Denmark

denmark_danish_flag.png

baltic_arena_gdansk_projekt_rhode_kellermann_wawrowsky_gallerylarge.jpg

Hello I'm Gary Lineker and you join us in Gdansk at the wonderful Baltycka Arena where Wales will be starting their European Campaign.

And I joined here today with pundits Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson and Alan Shearer ahead of Wales' clash with Denmark, with Czech Republic and Poland playing later in the evening this is a chance for Wales to take the initiative and control of the group surely don't you think Mark?

"Oh yes, it's a wonderful chance for them to do so, I really give them a good chance against Denmark today I really think that Wales have got a good team and with everyone fit and ready it's going to be a great day for them, I have a feeling."

So after those comments earlier in the week that came out yesterday regarding Nicklas Bendtner and his thoughts about Wales, what do you think of them Alan (Shearer)

_45058473_shearer512.jpg

"Well I think it was stupid of Bendtner, I personally don't rate the guy and think if he worked as hard on the pitch as he did talking off it, then I think he'd be a better player than he is. I really do think that Ryan will be using this as fuel for the team in an effort to get them more determined for a win today. I think that those words might have done more damage to Denmark's chances than Wales'."

Ok well, it looks like Wales' line up has just arrived in and here it is.

linebreak.png

Wales1.png

Wales Lineup:

WalesvsSenegal.png

linebreak.png

So with the team lining up as expected with only Jack Collison coming in for Craig Bellamy on the right flank, what do you think of this line up Alan ahead of the game against Denmark?

Alan_Hansen.jpg

"Well I think he's got a blend of experience, tenacity and passing ability in that team, I like it and fancy them against Denmark today. I know everyone's praising Ryan Giggs as the main factor to Wales' great success since his arrival but what about Robbie Savage, only 1 year younger than Ryan at 37 and he has forced himself into the first 11 for Wales, and has been starting most of their competitive games since his return for retirement. I think it says alot about the guy that he's come out and performed so well, a great player for Wales with fantastic influence."

Ok and with kick off drawing ever closer it's time to cross over to our Sports Reporter Jonathan Pearce who's with Ryan Giggs ahead of the match.

linebreak.png

ryan_giggs.jpg

Jonathan: So Ryan your here and you've got with an experienced line up what was the thinking behind it?

Ryan: Well I feel it's going to be important for us today to control the midfield and I feel that Robbie and Vaughney are more than capable of doing that, then we've got the work rate of Jack and Gareth on the wings so it's going to be a good game.

Jonathan: You must be looking forward to getting out on the pitch?

Ryan: Oh yes, I really can't wait, it's not long to go and we'll be out there representing Wales in a European competition this is what its all about.

Jonathan: What do you make of Bendtners comments pre match earlier in the week?

Ryan: Well let me just say, ask if after the game if he thinks Wales are a nothing team and we should be going home packing.

Jonathan: Thanks Ryan good luck out there.

linebreak.png

So it certainly looks like Ryan has used those Bendtner comments to fire up the team and no doubt we'll have a great game. We'll be back soon with the kick off. Don't go anywhere!!!

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Wales get campaign off to a winning start

Giggs-Wales.jpg

Denmark - 1
Christian Eriksen (10)

Wales - 2
Ryan Giggs (6 )
Sam Vokes (25)

Ryan Giggs inspires Wales victory as Wales go top of Group A

The game started in the best possible way for Wales after Gareth Bale worked well down the left flank and put a great cross in there was Ryan Giggs to slot home. Wales didn't manage to hold onto the lead for long after Christian Eriksen capitalised on a spill from Wayne Hennessey to smash in an equaliser in the 10th minute. Wales' second goal was an incredible strike from Sam Vokes after Ryan Giggs found him with a great pass he bombed forward through the centre and fired a 25 yard shot into the top corner past a despairing Anders Lindegaard.

After the result Wales were also celebrating when they heard that Czech Republic had drawn 1 - 1 with Poland in their first match which leaves Wales sitting pretty at the top of Group A after the first match.

linebreak.png

Ryan Giggs Reaction

Giggs_415.jpg

"Its fantastic for us to get off to a winning start, I felt that we were the better team and had the better chances, Denmark played well but this is our time. We've got Poland in the next game and if we win that then we will be in the driving seat for qualification."

And Giggs pops up again! Bloomen Standard! :D Love this story buddy :) keep it going,

UefaWebsite.png

Group A - Remaining Matches

Wales2.png

Wales prepare for their remaining two group matches against Poland and Czech Republic with their hopes of qualifying for the last 8.

linebreak.png

Second Group Match

Wales vs Poland

PolandFlag.png

Wales Lineup:

WalesvsSenegal.png

Prediction: Wales 1 - 0

linebreak.png

Gareth Bale stars as Wales hammer Poland 3 - 0

balewales.png

Result

Poland - 0

Wales - 3

Gareth Bale (39, 46)
Ched Evans (87)

Match Summary

Wales truly showed their potential today as they dispatched of the hosts in a match that could have been far more if they had taken all of their opportunities. The scoring was opened by Gareth Bale in the 39th minute when Jack Collison's cross was headed against the bar by Sam Vokes for Gareth Bale pounced on the rebound and broke the deadlock. Within seconds of the second half starting Robbie Savage played a fabulous pass for Gareth Bale who smashed a shot past the despairing keeper to make it 2 - 0. Poland continued to try to play their game but just couldn't break down the Welsh Defence. Ched Evans came off the bench to score the final goal as David Vaughan executed a great counter attacking move and played him clean through and he slotted it past the keeper 3 - 0 for Wales. Wales now have 1 foot in the last 8.

linebreak.png

Third Group Match

Czech Republic vs Wales

CzechRepublicFlag.png

Wales Lineup:

WalesvsSenegal.png

Prediction: 1 - 1 Draw

linebreak.png

Wales suffer first defeat in Giggs' reign as they slump to 2nd place finish

ryan_giggs.jpg

Result:

Czech Republic - 1

David Jarolim (64)

Wales - 0

Match Summary

Wales slumped to their first defeat under boss Ryan Giggs as a superior Czech Republic side controlled the ball for long periods of the match. It took until the second half for a goal and it finally came when David Jarolim scored a real poachers effort after pouncing on the rebound from a shot saved by Wayne Hennessey. Wales will be facing two suspensions ahead of their quarter final match, as Robbie Savage and James Collins picked up their second yellows and will miss the next match.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

And Giggs pops up again! Bloomen Standard! :D Love this story buddy :) keep it going,

Cheers mate :D

Last edited:
First defeat "/ but it had to come and you've got such a good record still! Keep it up and don't let it dishearten you :) check my story again bud, think i may close it down soon "/

Skysportslogo.png

England fail to qualify for last 8 of Euro 2012

article-0-0A3A784D000005DC-561_468x302.jpg

After a poor showing winning only 1 of their 3 group matches.

After a terrible performance at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, England managed to out do that after only beating Scotland in their Group C Qualifying matches. Many put this down to Wayne Rooney's injury when he broke his ankle in the first match against Italy. England were looking the better side and looking like grabbing an equaliser when in the 56th minute Rooney went down after a hard challenge from Claudio Marchisio.

England's qualification then looked like it could be recovered when they beat Scotland 4 - 2 but suffered a crushing 3 - 0 defeat against Croatia in the final group game. England will now be looking to lick their wounds as they fly back home to England today.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

First defeat "/ but it had to come and you've got such a good record still! Keep it up and don't let it dishearten you :) check my story again bud, think i may close it down soon "/

What makes you want to close it down mate its a great story, yeh man I've qualified for the last 8 of the competition so that's good I'll do another update in a minute now,

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

UefaWebsite.png

Wales draw Sweden in Last 8

Other teams in the draw:

Slovakia vs Czech Republic
Wales vs Sweden
Italy vs Holland
Portugal vs Croatia

linebreak.png

pics-image-5-917983074.jpg

"Sweden are a tough draw for us, but we just have to focus on the coming match and I feel that we have every chance of qualifying for the semi final, we will be missing Robbie and James in defence so it's certainly going to be a challenge but I have every confidence in the players that will come in and feel that we can get a result. We are going to have to keep our eye on their danger man Zlatan Ibrahimovic who has scored 5 goals already in his first 3 games in the Finals, so if we are to get anything out of this game we're going to have to keep him under wraps."

linebreak.png

Euro 2012 - Quarter Final

Wales vs Sweden

images2.jpg

Wales Lineup:

WalesvsSweden.png

Prediction: Wales 1 - 0

linebreak.png

Gareth Bale scores extra time winner as Wales struggle to overcome Sweden

Gareth-Bale-9.jpg

Result

Wales - 2

Ched Evans (27)
Gareth Bale (101)

Sweden - 1

Kim Kallstom (6 )

Match Summary

The game started in the worst possible way for Wales after Kallstrom managed to seize on some lacklustre defence from Wales, who started the game poorly to score a great goal from 30 yards out. Wales finally got back into the game at 27th minute when a spectacular killer pass from Jack Collison played Ched Evans clean through who blasted the ball past the Swedish Goalkeeper. Both teams created several chances and couldn't capitalise on these. The goal finally came in the 101st minute when substitute David Edwards played the ball through a tireless Gareth Bale who ran past the exhausted Swedish right back to fire a powerful effort in.

linebreak.png

UefaWebsite.png

WALES FACE ITALY IN EURO 2012 SEMI FINAL

Italy-flag-button.png

Wales face an inform Italian team who have only conceded 2 goals in their last 14 competitive matches.

Italy's results so far:

Group Stage - Italy 1 - 0 England

Group Stage - Italy 4 - 0 Croatia

Group Stage - Italy 1 - 0 Scotland

Quarter Final - Italy 2 - 1 Holland

linebreak.png

Semi Final Draw

Wales vs Italy
Croatia vs Slovakia

Last edited:
Lot of time for this! :) great qualification results! and a late win buts till a win vs sweden! :) keep it up, im hooked! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.