Status
Not open for further replies.
Skysportslogo.png

Daniele de Rossi lays down gauntlet for Ryan Giggs

58656.jpg

Italian midfielder Daniele de Rossi has laid down a gauntlet for Wales boss Ryan Giggs after saying "he's too old and can't impact on this competition."

So far in Euro 2012 Ryan Giggs hasn't so far reached the heights that he made in the qualifiers despite Wales' success in reaching the semi finals. Daniele de Rossi has claimed that Ryan Giggs is to old to be in the squad and should retire. Ryan Giggs did however earn a man of the match performance in Wales' first match against Denmark scoring 1 and assisting Wales' other goal in the match. Ryan Giggs has responded to this attack.

"I think Daniele is open to his opinion on me, and I feel that it is it will be up to him to see on Thursday how well he really thinks Italy can play. And if we are really as bad as he says we are then they should have no problem beating us.

We will continue to prepare in the same way that we have prepared for every game under my management, and I feel that using these methods we should be able to put in a good performance. Italy are no doubt one of the best teams in the world at the moment but we are a determined outfit and will certainly give them a good game."

BREAKING NEWS: ROBBIE SAVAGE MISSES ITALY GAME AFTER HAMSTRING STRAIN IN TRAINING!

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Lot of time for this! :) great qualification results! and a late win buts till a win vs sweden! :) keep it up, im hooked! :D

Oh yes will do, really tough game next look forward to it, I'm just about to click submit team and get started!!!

Last edited:
UefaWebsite.png

Euro 2012 - Semi Final

Wales vs Italy

italy-flag-2.png

Wales Lineup:

WalesvsItaly.png

vs

Italy Lineup:

ItalyvsWales.png

Prediction: 3 - 1 Italy

linebreak.png

340x-1-1.jpg

"It's going to be a great match out there I can guarantee you that, we're going to give it our all. Aaron has had to come in for an injured Robbie Savage who we are going to miss today, but hopefully we'll have more going forward and we look to take the game to Italy."

Immense mate, waiting on the next update :p

Cheers mate finished the game just doing the update now. Shouldn't be long at all!!!

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

UefaWebsite.png

Wales demolish ill disciplined Italy

Giggs-Wales.jpg

Ryan Giggs scored a hat trick as Wales romped to victory

Result

Wales - 4

Ryan Giggs (36, 57, 90)
Jack Collison (38)

Italy - 1
Daniele De Rossi (1)
Daniele De Rossi sent off (9)
Antonio Cassano injured (33)

Match Summary

Wales today defeated an Italian side that looked to be on the way to victory when in the 1st minute Daniele De Rossi scored a close range header as Wayne Hennessey punched the ball clear. After the taunts before the match from Daniele De Rossi on Ryan Giggs, you could tell there was tensions in the air, and in the 9th minute Daniele dived in recklessly and was sent of for this. Ryan Giggs was lucky to remain on the pitch after the challenge was well and truly a leg breaker effort.

With the numerical advantage Wales began to take control of the game after looking incredibly shaky at the start of the match. However it was Italy who nearly scored the second when Pazzini was put clear through for Wayne Hennessey to make a fabulous save, one that later would be a game changer. It was then heart break for influential midfielder Antonio Cassano after he went off injured in the 33rd minute with a torn hamstring. Wales' first goal of the game finally game in the 36th minute after Ched Evans played a great ball to Ryan Giggs who scored a tidy finish past Buffon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrOnFb4iXXg"]Ryan Giggs 1st Goal[/ame]

From Italy's kick off the game was a complete turn around after Ched Evans slotted Jack Collison through to score Wales' second goal in 2 minutes. Italy looked deflated and like the match was already lost and the game was finally well and truly over for Italy when in the 57th minute Ryan Giggs scored a memorable goal from 40 yards to make it 3 - 1 to Wales.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ceWP62-GA"]Ryan Giggs 2nd Goal[/ame]

It was a truly memorable strike that will live long in the memory of the Welsh supporters. The final Wales goal came in the 90th minute when Legendary midfielder Ryan Giggs scored a close range finish after Aaron Ramsey played a great ball that cut through the Italian defence to make it 4 - 1 to Wales.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmGdBMNrgoY"]Ryan Giggs 3rd Goal[/ame]

Here are the match statistics.

WalesvItalySplitView.png

Walesvsitalyscores.png

Attendance: 55,000
Refereed by: Kinhofer, T​

What a game by de rossi! scored and sent off within the first 10minutes!! Awesome display by Giggs again I see! and you beat high flyers Italy! That quite something! brilliant work mate! :)

What a game by de rossi! scored and sent off within the first 10minutes!! Awesome display by Giggs again I see! and you beat high flyers Italy! That quite something! brilliant work mate! :)

Yeh he's a ridiculously good player on the game, but has such aggression if i put the tackle on a youtube clip its a stupid tackle haha!!

Made me win the game, they were dominating and all over me until he got sent off.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

UefaWebsite.png

Wales face Croatia in Euro 2012 Final

Wales2.png

vs

croatia-flag-button-thumb8226752.jpg

Wales will be facing Croatia in the Euro 2012 Final con Sunday after defeating Slovakia 4 - 3 after extra time.

Wales will be delighted that Croatia had to play 120 minutes against Slovakia in an incredibly tight affair with many of the Croatian squad exhausted ahead of the final. Especially as they had played a 120 minute match against Portugal in the Quarter Final.

Croatian results so far:

Group Stage - Croatia 2 - 1 Scotland

Group Stage - Croatia 0 - 4 Italy

Group Stage - Croatia 3 - 0 England

Quarter Final - Croatia 2 - 1 Portugal (AET)

Semi Final - Croatia 4 - 3 Slovakia (AET)

Croatian Top Scorer - Ivica Olic (4)

Wales In The Euro 2012 Final! Wow :) I love this story :) and after de rossi's taunts at the beginning! its awesome for that to happen! :L :) And croatia should be a win! second trophy? :p

Jesus Christ, giggs has been a god for you!!!

In the last 3 matches in the Euro's he hadn't been that great only the first game he was, but I couldn't believe how great he was against Italy today! That free kick was immense.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Wales In The Euro 2012 Final! Wow :) I love this story :) and after de rossi's taunts at the beginning! its awesome for that to happen! :L :) And croatia should be a win! second trophy? :p

Yeh some of the croatian players are around the 80% fitness mark after to 120 minute matches in 4 days, so really hoping for a win, :)

In the last 3 matches in the Euro's he hadn't been that great only the first game he was, but I couldn't believe how great he was against Italy today! That free kick was immense.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Yeh some of the croatian players are around the 80% fitness mark after to 120 minute matches in 4 days, so really hoping for a win, :)

That is a tank of a free kick! inch perfect! wow! :) Im backing you for a win! i will check back at 5o clock :) kiu :)

That is a tank of a free kick! inch perfect! wow! :) Im backing you for a win! i will check back at 5o clock :) kiu :)

Ok mate will definitely have the result by then, that free kick is epic, and against Buffon one of the best keepers on the game!!! Fantastic.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

UefaWebsite.png

Euro 2012 - Final

Wales vs Croatia

croatia-flag-button-thumb8226752.jpg

Wales Lineup:

WalesvsItaly.png

vs

Croatia Lineup:

Croatianlineup.png

Prediction: 2 - 1 Wales

With the Croatian side tired after their 240 minutes of Football in the last week so far I expect a tough game of football and Wales to slightly have the upper hand.

linebreak.png

GiggsInterview.png

"I can't believe we're in the final it's a great achievement for a small footballing nation like us to be here. Croatia have been playing well so far this tournament but we have to take confidence as they were defeated in the Group Stage by Italy 4 - 0 but then again, they did have their most influential player on the pitch for 90 minutes. We have named the same 11 that played against Italy as James Collins and Robbie Savage are still struggling with injury and Ched Evans has impressed me up front so far in the tournament.

We know the ability this Croatian side has, as I have played against many of them in both the Premier League and Champions League so we will need to be on form. I look forward to the game and this is our opportunity to show that Wales can achieve big things."

UefaWebsite.png

Ryan Giggs scores 2 as Wales brush aside Croatia

a307334d5b68d308b60810335aff-grande.jpg

Ryan Giggs was in fine form scoring 2 goals

Result

Wales - 2

Ryan Giggs (15, 61)

Croatia - 0

Match Summary

Wales-Fan.jpg

Wales fans rejoice on Euro 2012 Victory

Wales were certainly hoping for a strong performance tonight and they got it with Ryan Giggs inspiring a fantastic win for Wales as they did the impossible in beating Croatia. The scoring started in the 15th minute after Gareth Bales powerful shot was punched away by the keeper for Ryan Giggs to get their first and fire the rebound past the despairing Delac in the Croatian goal.

Croatia saw more of the ball throughout the game against Wales, but they were unable to break through for long periods and didn't manage to create a clear cut chance. Where as Wales scored after a fantastic move where Ched Evans worked the ball well down the left flank to cross in for that man Ryan Giggs to scored an unlikely header to take the game beyond Croatia.

CroatiavWalesSplitView.png

CroatiavWalesSplitViewstats.png

Wales Lift Euro 2012 Trophy

trophy.jpg

Wales lift the Euro 2012 Trophy

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

UefaWebsite.png

Ryan Giggs wins Euro 2012 - Best Player - Golden Boot and Best Manager

426-giggs--124081006154698600-1.jpg

Wales and Manchester United has today been awarded with the European Championship Best Player award.

After putting in some truly memorable performances, Ryan Giggs (38) has taken Wales' championship hopes by the scruff of the neck and driven them forward scoring 5 goals in the semi final and final of the European Championships. He single handedly defeated two of the Worlds greatest teams.

Ryan Giggs on receiving the award.

"I am delighted to be receive these awards, I feel that I would not have been able to achieve this without the great work from my team who have been behind me since I first arrived in the management team, everyone was quick to adapt to my style of management and it's unbelievable. I was delighted to have scored 2 goals in the final, the team provided me with the chances and it was just my job to put them away"

Giggs Stats Euro 2012

Giggs.png

Ohhh Myyy Gawwd! :) This is epic! this story is one of the best on here bud without a doubt! just so awesome! :) keeps me entertained and Im a constant follower! keep it going :)

Ohhh Myyy Gawwd! :) This is epic! this story is one of the best on here bud without a doubt! just so awesome! :) keeps me entertained and Im a constant follower! keep it going :)

Will do mate, think at the end of the 2012/13 season might go into club management, not 100% sure what country but thinking about it :) Chelsea just approached me but don't fancy them!

Will do mate, think at the end of the 2012/13 season might go into club management, not 100% sure what country but thinking about it :) Chelsea just approached me but don't fancy them!

Good Lad! :) yer that would be awesome :D Glad to see someone putting in as much effort! id like to see it going to club management! :D

UefaWebsite.png

Euro 2012 - Dream Team

Dreamteam.png

6 Welsh players have been voted in the Euro 2012 Dream Team after performing so well over the past 6 games.

Gareth Bale and Ryan Giggs were the stand out players with Ryan Giggs scoring 6 goals and assisting 1, whilst Gareth Bale scored 3 and assisted another 3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic was another stand out player who scored 5 goals in Sweden's first 4 matches.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Good Lad! :) yer that would be awesome :D Glad to see someone putting in as much effort! id like to see it going to club management! :D

Yeh I'm really enjoying it, got to try and get World Cup success now, whether or not thats going to be achievable and whether Giggs will be around then (player wise)

Nice update with the dream team :) really hope you nail a world cup title to! that would be awesome! :D check out mine again buddy :) Mourinho's at it again :p

Nice update with the dream team :) really hope you nail a world cup title to! that would be awesome! :D check out mine again buddy :) Mourinho's at it again :p

Yeh I thought it was a nice touch, not sure about the World Cup that's going to be a challenge, but I'm up for it and will keep going till then and beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.