The San Marino Revolution - A BaP Story

Off to Genk this year then! lets hope I get more starts! and a few red cards for good measure!

Off to Genk this year then! lets hope I get more starts! and a few red cards for good measure!

With the amount of red cards I've had so far, I'll be worried for anyone I end up tutoring...

San Marino Revolution

Mid-Season Update - 2018/2019
View attachment 260809

Transfers:

Aidan Dickson - Roma to Genoa (loan)
James Scott - Grenada to Rayo (loan)

Player Stats:

View attachment 260808View attachment 260807

Barry Juggernaut is having a very good season at Deportivo albeit in the second tier of Spanish football. Zonta, Hawkwind, Hawkins and Romeo are all enjoying pretty regular first team football in the top flight of their respective countries. Del Conte has probably not played as much first team football as he would have liked at Atletico in the first season they haven't sent him out on loan, whilst Naterr has not quite enjoyed the form he had for Mechelen last year in the Belgian league. Zonta tops both the goals (with 9) and assists (with 5) charts for our players.

League Tables:

View attachment 260797View attachment 260796View attachment 260795View attachment 260794View attachment 260793View attachment 260792View attachment 260789View attachment 260788

Del Conte's Atletico and Burrini's Milan both find themselves in title battles in their respective countries, whilst Hawkwind and Selva are embroiled in relegation battles. Both Juggernaut and Scott are fighting it out for the playoff spots in the Liga Adelante, whilst the likes of Xyloto, Naterr, Dickson and Mason seem set to have not much to play for in the 2nd half of the season stuck in the middle of the table.

Next update will be the end of season review for the 5th season of our careers. Should I bother to continue with the mid-season update or not? I could just mention any transfers and leave all the player stats/ league tables till the end of the season. I don't mind doing the mid-season update, just looking for opinions...

I actually enjoy having the mid season one, exciting to see how the second half of the season develops. Forza Rossoneri! Got any idea who is tutoring Burrini btw?

I actually enjoy having the mid season one, exciting to see how the second half of the season develops. Forza Rossoneri! Got any idea who is tutoring Burrini btw?

I can't say for sure as his tutoring has finished but I'd guess at Antunes as he is now in your favoured personnel as a team mate.

Wow, my average rating is amazing every single update.
Loving the update, hopefully Gotts plays for the Real Madrid seniors soon or he'll have to do a Odegaard and force his way in! :P

Wow, my average rating is amazing every single update.
Loving the update, hopefully Gotts plays for the Real Madrid seniors soon or he'll have to do a Odegaard and force his way in! :P

Yeah hopefully they either move him up or sell/loan him so he can play at a higher standard than the Spanish third tier. Castilla won the 3rd tier of Spanish football last year but for some reason didn't go up. I understand they can't play in the same league as Real Madrid but they're obviously in La Liga so I don't see why they couldn't go into the Adelante...

I like the mid-season updates as well, mate. Please do keep it up if it's not too much of a hassle for you :D

Aww yeah — Relegation battle. Hawkwind likes challenge (H)

****** **** Barry, highest average rating in the second division. Happy with that :)

Granada (Grenada is the Caribean country, while Granada is the Andalusian city (and province)... And you have it easy, in Spanish they're both written and pronounced the same way: Granada).

Sporting is in the fight for Europa League spots and Zonta is two goals away from Cristiano Ronaldo in the top scorers.
It looks like this season is Zonta's turning point ^^

Yeah hopefully they either move him up or sell/loan him so he can play at a higher standard than the Spanish third tier. Castilla won the 3rd tier of Spanish football last year but for some reason didn't go up. I understand they can't play in the same league as Real Madrid but they're obviously in La Liga so I don't see why they couldn't go into the Adelante...

I think there is a rule where you have to have 1 division in between

Allow me to explain why Castilla didnt go up, but first of all...

I think there is a rule where you have to have 1 division in between

Wrong.
A "B" can't be in the same division as its first team, but there is no rule that forbids a "B" squad to be one tier below its first team (Barcelona B plays in Liga Adelante, which is one tier below Liga BBVA).

And now back to topic...

Why did Castilla not promote despite winning his group?
Because he lost the playoffs.

The first 4 teams of every group get qualified for promotion playoffs, however there is a small twist.

-The four group champions play between them, the two winning teams get promoted.
-The rest of the teams play between them in other to get the other two promoted spots.

What happens to the group champions that lost their playoffs? They are given another chance promote joining the playoffs that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams are playing.

Castilla didn't promote because:

A) They lost the group champions playoffs.
B) In some point they lost again in the promotion playoff.

(If you need help with Spanish football regulations or how promotion works just let me know).

Allow me to explain why Castilla didnt go up, but first of all...

Wrong.
A "B" can't be in the same division as its first team, but there is no rule that forbids a "B" squad to be one tier below its first team (Barcelona B plays in Liga Adelante, which is one tier below Liga BBVA).

And now back to topic...

Why did Castilla not promote despite winning his group?
Because he lost the playoffs.

The first 4 teams of every group get qualified for promotion playoffs, however there is a small twist.

-The four group champions play between them, the two winning teams get promoted.
-The rest of the teams play between them in other to get the other two promoted spots.

What happens to the group champions that lost their playoffs? They are given another chance promote joining the playoffs that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams are playing.

Castilla didn't promote because:

A) They lost the group champions playoffs.
B) In some point they lost again in the promotion playoff.

(If you need help with Spanish football regulations or how promotion works just let me know).

Thanks for the explanation. I don't have the third tier loaded so I couldn't see what was going on except from the fact they won the league. They must be incredibly unlucky in the game as they have won their division 3 of the past 4 seasons without going up.

San Marino Revolution

End of Season Update - 2018/2019

View attachment 260710

Player Stats:

View attachment 260705View attachment 260704

In general this season has been a solid if unspectacular season for most players on an individual level. The standout player for the year would probably have to be left back Juggernaut, who put in 7 MOM performances in 33 appearances for Deportivo in the Liga Adelante. A plus point in the 2nd half of the season was that centre back Aaron Weight finally broke into the PSG first team after 3 and a half seasons in their reserves, getting 3 MOM's in 6 starts!

It was a bit of a mixed bag for the two big money Premier League signings of last year. Matthew Hawkins proved to be a very solid performer for Manchester City, playing over 40 games and averagin 7.17. Stephen Hawkwind on the other hand only managed 8 goals all season for Blackburn, which you may argue isn't too bad for a relegation threatened side however only 5 of them came in the league and with an average rating of just 6.6 in the Premier League, Blackburn were probably expecting more from their investment.

League Tables:

View attachment 260703View attachment 260702View attachment 260701View attachment 260700View attachment 260699View attachment 260698View attachment 260697View attachment 260696

The main success from this season has to be the league title wins for Del Conte at Atletico, Burrini at Milan and Roberts and Weight at PSG. On the other end of the scale it was disappointment for Hawkind and Selva whose clubs both suffered relegation, although Selva only made 5 starts for NAC Breda due to a cruciate ligament injury which kept him out for over 7 months. James Scott's Rayo side just missed out on the playoffs whilst Juggernaut's Deportivo lost their playoff semi final, although Barry was not involved due to injury.

Other News:

1)
Daniele Del Conte won the Spanish Young Player of the Year award, the only one of our players to win a yearly personal award this year.

View attachment 260695

Next update will be the player update for the start of the 6th season...

A mediocre season for Hawkwind, after such a decent first few games (2 goals in first 3 league apps) to end up like that. What was up? Did they reassigned him as an anchorman somewhere midway through the season and sort of stuck with it? :P

BTW what's that green information label just below the red "holiday" one on him? A loan, transfer interests or unhappiness/morale issues?

Also of note, not a single red card for Del Conte all season long! What sort of black magick is this???

A big transfer for left back Barry Juggernaut. To be honest though, I fear this may be a really bad move for him as Man City already have Alex Sandro and Ricardo Rodriguez so I'm not sure that he'll get that much game time. Before Man City came in he had a few interesting clubs in for him on loan as well (Werder Bremen, Lorient, Nice, Gladbach)

View attachment 260688

A mediocre season for Hawkwind, after such a decent first few games (2 goals in first 3 league apps) to end up like that. What was up? Did they reassigned him as an anchorman somewhere midway through the season and sort of stuck with it? :P

BTW what's that green information label just below the red "holiday" one on him? A loan, transfer interests or unhappiness/morale issues?

Also of note, not a single red card for Del Conte all season long! What sort of black magick is this???

He is unhappy and currently wanted by Brentford (who are a PL side). Fulham were interested as well but appear to have dropped their interest.

As for Del Conte... who knows. The man is an enigma!

Wow. Under a 7.0 rating and still won YPotY. Everyone else must have sucked.

With Juggernaut stuck in 3rd position at City, surely the way is paved for Burrini to cement his place as first-choice left back!

Back