The Sandancers, First their was Phil Brown then Joe McElderry and now Danny Simpson!!

Pre Season Update

Ok as I said at the end of the last season I wanted to wheel and deal in the trnasfer market to freshen the team up and get rid of any dead wood in the team. Well I managed to get rid of a few players but getting new ones in was a real struggle, mainly down to the 2 grand limit on wages set by the board. Here were the few transfers that I did manage to snare

View attachment 24414

View attachment 24415

My squad is small at the moment as you can tell but if they can remain fit (not likley) and injury free (eve less likely) I should be alrite. My main signing was my new captain the young but talented Josh Simpson, he is young and quick and I am hoping he will add that little bit extra in the middle of the park.

View attachment 24416

How come the leagues have changed? You did not get promoted?

How come the leagues have changed? You did not get promoted?

Georgraphy because their is three leagues at the same level I have been moved to the Northern league because their must hav been too many Southern teams promoted/relegated, is only explanation happens sometimes in the BSN and BSS some times get moved between leagues to accomadate others.

Oh right thanks for clearing that up! Gives you a change ay? Good Luck on promotion!

Early Season Promise at Filtrona.

So a new start to the year and new hopes and dreams for the team to fufill and aim for. First I would like to mention the new signings I was able to acquire prior to the first game of the season, they were the return of Tom Robbins and danny Upson on loan from Hartlepool, and they were joined by Michael Deeny and Ken Whitehouse also from Hartlepool. We also were able to welcome James Curtis and Mark Robinson on loan. And with a re jigging of teh budget Alex Francis, released from Isthimian Premier League Champions Tonbridge Angels, as well as Andrew Coderay on a free.

View attachment 24646

View attachment 24647

View attachment 24648

View attachment 24649

View attachment 24650

View attachment 24651

Results
As you will see from the following results and games wehave had a simply fantastic start to the season, and unlike previous years we have not fell away after teh first few games and we have got better as the team gelled together and this was highlighted in the amazing 5-0 win at home against Linclon United. Along with this form we are also in the frame to reach the latter stages of the FA Cup and maybe reaching the First Round proper once again.

View attachment 24655

View attachment 24652

Blimey, seems you have a really good start Danny, hopefully you can get that promotion this season.

Blimey, seems you have a really good start Danny, hopefully you can get that promotion this season.

Yeah loan signings have been the key they are not much to look at stats wise but they are a cut above the rest of the league and players like Liam Hook and Shaun Reay can play at higher levels anyway and they are showing it this season it seems, Hook scored a 30 yarder I was like this :O:O:O:O:O First time one of my players had done it was amazing, had to change my pants afterwards.

You're doing really well pal, keep it up.

And thanks for those player recommendations you gave me, they are good but too good for my team apparently :( So back to the drawing board for me :mad:

Unreal how far you have came and you are not even in the Blue Square North. Amazing story so far though.

You're doing really well pal, keep it up.

And thanks for those player recommendations you gave me, they are good but too good for my team apparently :( So back to the drawing board for me :mad:

Cheers mate. Eurgh not good mate just search the reserves of BSP teams could get some good loans also look at teams just promoted from your league and they release some decent players thatyu maybe sign.

Unreal how far you have came and you are not even in the Blue Square North. Amazing story so far though.

Thanks mate, yeah is crazy that I have been doing this for so long and still not in a familiar league like BSN but if I keep this up I will hopefully get into playoffs and get promoted. If I do though another new team is needed as step up just seems so big as teams BSN are quite good lol

Just read through all 5 pages and I have to say mate. You have fantastic patience and dedication with this team and you've already achieved a lot.

I don't enough people realize how frustrating and tiresome it can be managing at this level.

Sandancers reach Halfway Point is Good Shape

As South Shields reached the halfway point in the season they were able te reflect an amazing turn of fortunes last season as they sat nicely in the top six. The run in the league also went hand in hand with their runs in the respective cup competitions, the highlight of which was a great run of form to the First Round proper of the FA Cup against League Two side Burton Albion. Along with that great run Shields are in the Quarter finals of both the Northern League Cup and Durham Challenge Cup.

The game against Burton was particulair impressive as the team played well and to go with that the club made over £18,000 which was a nice little earner.

View attachment 25109

As the team have been performing they have been noticed and the man at the crest of this wave of interest is manager Danny Simpson as he was aprroached 3 times by other clubs the two most high profile being Exeter City and Tranmere Rovers coveting the sevices of Simpson.

View attachment 25104

View attachment 25105

Much to the relief of the Shields fans Simpson decided to stay and in his own words 'Finish what he started at the club'.

Results

View attachment 25116
Apart from self destrcuting away against Ilkeston the results were fantastic. We managed to equal our best ever run of straight wins and we have once again equaled it with the win against Hednesford. The lads are playing brillaintly and unlike last season we are able to bounce back from going a goal behind.

Just read through all 5 pages and I have to say mate. You have fantastic patience and dedication with this team and you've already achieved a lot.

I don't enough people realize how frustrating and tiresome it can be managing at this level.

Yeah it takes alot of patience and need alot of determination to sit through some of the football being played lol

Eight games to go = Squeaky *** Time.

Approaching the last few games of the season and it is believed the Shields squad will be suffering from squeaky bums as the end the season draws ever nearer. The team by all accounts have over excelled and performed, as they were predicted to finish in second bottom.

The team once again got some great results away from home as our home form as been nothing short of outstanding. We had won every single game at home up until the two games against FC United and Droylsden where we dropped ourfirst points, as well as losing our first game.

View attachment 25482

Results

View attachment 25481

As you can see we appeared to have hit a little bit of a brick wall in the last few games, I think this is down to the amount of games just catching up with the lads. We did manage to get to the semi final of the Durham Challenge Cup, although it is a slightly inferior competition it will be nice to win a trophy for the club.

Table

View attachment 25480

United slip ups let Shields in throught the back door

With FC United only winning one of their last four games, South Shields were able to jump in front of United to pip them to top spot of the Northern Premier League. This secured the title for the Sandancers as well as automatic promotion to the Blue Square North.

It was a nervy rocky road but with Sheilds top going into the last game of the season, not even a defeat denied them promotion as FC United could not overcome already relegated Worksop at home. Shields will be playing at the tier below the Blue Square Premier next season and the man behind Danny Simpson is already looking forward to challenge of a bigger better league.

Results

View attachment 25645

We seemed to be able to grind out results which was pleasing, and that is allthat needed near the end of the season. A slight diappointment was the defeat from Hebburn in the cup final but I had a touchline ban so not my fault really. Anyway would take the league title over a cup anyday.

The squad, as I have already said in previous updates, played out of their skin and Shaun Reay and Alex Francis were the real deal at times this season. Both getting 15+ goals and Francis with new record of assists for the team uts him in with a good chance of signing of the season.

View attachment 25644

Table

View attachment 25646

A new season approaches and hopefully we can keep making these massive strides forwards.

Hello Blue Square North!!!

The new season approaches and South Shields have been busy over the summer preparing for the new season. Players left and new ones took their place. Alot of excitement was build up with these signings as more than one had been let go my a Premiership and the others were well known faces in League football.

View attachment 25791

Added to these signings were the two players added at the very end of last season centre half Alan Bennet and striker James Hayter, both having presvious experience at this level and above. Along with these two the youngster recentley relased by Manchester City Mitchell are the big signings and the ones I am expecting the most from, especially Hayter as he is my new captain.

View attachment 25786

View attachment 25789

View attachment 25790

League

View attachment 25787

A tough league to get out off but for the first time since being in the Northern First Division we have been tipped to finish outisde the bottom three, and even been given decent odds to gain promotion this season

View attachment 25788

Brilliant mate! well done on another promotion! Hey in 5 years time you'll be in the premiership!

Brilliant mate! well done on another promotion! Hey in 5 years time you'll be in the premiership!

Thanks doubt that very much, would love to get of this division first time though, but if I do BSP will be massive step up beacuse had quick check in that league some good teams dropped down from League Two

You will be fine! As long as you get some good signings under you belt! what are the finances like now? Got any transfer budget yet?