The Sandancers, First their was Phil Brown then Joe McElderry and now Danny Simpson!!

February 2010
This month saw us get within a game of all the other teas in the league. It was a very inconsistent month as one week were brilliant the next woeful. We did also get knocked out of the FA Vase in this month which was a shame as we could have gone further in the competition in my eyes. Here are the results...

(FA VASE) CARTERTON 1 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 0 HORDEN CW - WILLIAMS

NORTON & STOCKTON ANCIENTS 2 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 0 BISHOP AUCKLAND - PHELAN

MORPETH 2 - 1 SOUTH SHIELDS - PHELAN

SOUTH SHIELDS 2 - 0 CONSETT - WILLIAMS, FEASY

HORDEN CW 2 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

As you can see the team had some disappointing results against teams that I felt we should of won, like the games against Horden CW and Norton. These setbacks have all but killed off our chances of reaching the playoffs, we can still of course get to the play-offs but its going to be tough we will need to win all our games and have a little bit of luck on the way.

I do believe that the loss of form, and the loss of goals agaisnt the team, has been down to the loss of influential defender Andy Eastwood. Since he was injured we have shipped goals that we would not have normally done at the start of the season. He is back from injury in the next few weeks so that will be a big boost to the team.

Player of The Month
Geoff Willams -
The striker has not scored as many as I would have lied but his recent form has been a vast improvement and he deserves this. He was out of the team and in the reserves but he managed to play himself back into the team, and hopefully he will stay in the team.

League Table

View attachment 14672

March 2010
As the season draws to an end we have been playing some decent stuff, and bar a stupid error at the back and a shocking decision by the ref in one our game against Bedlington, this month could have been alot better. Here are the results...

SOUTH SHIELDS 0 - 2 BEDLINGTON

SOUTH SHIELDS 0 - 0 MORPETH

SOUTH SHIELDS 2 - 0 WEST ALLOTMENT - PHELAN, SPEIGHT

ESH WINNING 1 - 1 SOUTH SHIELDS - PHELAN

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 0 TOW LAW - MITCHELL

As you can see the month started with two poor home games in which we only picked up 1 point out 6, coupled with the poor performances it was a bad bad start to the month. We ended the month on a high and kept alive the chance of a run at the play-offs.

This month saw me look intot the loan market and at the start I persuaded Tony Stephenson Andy Mitchell and Colin Bowker t join the club on loan til the end of the season. They are all young players trying to prove themselves and performed reasonably well for the club, with Stephenson setting up Mitchell for the winning goal against Tow Law at the end of the month.

Player of The Month
Mark Speight -
The defender once again showed his capablities in attack and defence. he managed to grab a goal for himself this month. As he has yet to sign a new contract, it expires at the end of the season, hopefully I can persuade him to stay at the club.

League Table
View attachment 14674

April 2010
The final month of the season. Their was an outside chance of the play-offs and a chance of promotion. I will leave you in suspense on where I ended up, here are the results...

SOUTH SHIELDS 0 - 0 BILLINGHAM TOWN

ASHINGTON 1 - 2 SOUTH SHIELDS - O.G. AITKEN, PHELAN

SPENNYMOOR TOWN 1 - 1 SOUTH SHIELDS - BOWKER

SOUTH SHIELDS 3 - 0 RYTON - SPEIGHT, DICKENS, WILLIAMS

We ended the season as we started it, with a convincing 3-0 win. If only we played with this dominacne and passion in maybe 5 other games this season we would have been talking about parading the league trophy to the fans. The last game of the season was great though as it showed the fans what we are capable of and sets up next season brilliantly.

Player of The Month
Geoff Williams -
The striker got his reward at the end of the season with a goal, but his overall game this month, even with the lack of goals, was superb. The striker has earned his new contact and if we can get him and Phelan firing on all cylinders next season we can be challengers.

League Table

View attachment 14688

End of Season Review
So we managed to, in the end, finish a very respectable 3rd. What is more encouraging is that I do not feel we played the best that we can all season, and if we can mange to play better in 5 or 6 more games next season we will be getting promoted at the end of the season

Squad Stats

View attachment 14701

View attachment 14702

Dan Phelan and Geoff Williams were the top scorers in the team but hardly played together all season due to drops in form and injuries. Hopefully forays into the transfer market will help tip us over the edge towards promotion.

Managers Player/ Players Player/ Fans Player of The Season & End of Season Party
After a long gruelling season the players deserve a blow out and here is no different. The Chairman was kind enought to hire out the Whiteleas club and the players brought family and friends to what was a brilliant night. First award of teh night went to centre half Andy Eastwood, as he picked up managers player of the season, he was slightly tipsy when recieving his award but was still able to thank his manager for the award.

After more drinks and food the second award of the night went to keeper Mike Buchanan, it was the Players Player award. The keeper had a great year not missing a single game and conceding very few goals. The lads knowing he had won this award had already ploughed him with so much drink that he could hardly walk let alone give a speech, it was kindly accepted on behalf of Mike by his somewhat embarrased girlfriend.

The last award of the night, the Fans Player of The Season, went to Andy Eastwood, but we had trouble getting a hold of him for some time. We eventually found him, 'engaged' shall we say with the Chairmans daughter in the gentlemens toilet, thankfully the Chairman had left so he need not hear about that little incident. After cleaning himself up and composing himself he was able to collect his award to go with his earlier won award.

The night then wound down and the lads more than deserved it. Hopefully we will go one better next season

Next update will include pre-season friendlies and signings if any

Last edited:
BTW I have a great prospect in the reserves might be good enough for league football hopefully he will blossom neat season

Ha nice update, try and get a few friendlies in, i dare say with some 'big teams' whatever that means in level nine terms

Gutted. Good season though. If you are like me you will hope to **** that you get up this year. Three seasons in that league would be bad :)

Gutted. Good season though. If you are like me you will hope to **** that you get up this year. Three seasons in that league would be bad :)

Yeah defo mate, I want out of this ASAP was gutted I finished 3rd last season think going so far in the FA Cup hindered my chances as I had a load of games to catch up on. Good lukc wiht yours as well Kris mate.

Pre Season
First off all I would like to say that thier were a few comings and goings at the club the players leaving the clubs were

George Parkin,
Kevin Wells,
Andy Darby,
Tom Hickman.

The last player to leave, Hickman, was sold for the staggering amount of a pound. These players were compensated with 3 new signings...

View attachment 14732

View attachment 14733

View attachment 14734

I feel the new signings increase the depth in the squad and add that quality up front that we may have been lacking last season. Shaun Reay, is a personal friend of mine and as he was not getting a game at Blyth he jumped at the chance to play for his hometown club, and help out a friend in the process. Omari Coleman, brings experience and class, hopefully he can help develop Reay, and score a hatful of goals in the process, the last signingLes Hines, will bring experience and ability from set-pieces.

Pre- Season Results

JARROW 0 - 2 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 2 AUSTRIA WIEN

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 1 GH ACADEMY

GUISBOROUGH 0 - 2 SOUTH SHIELDS

WASHINGTON 0 - 1 SOUTH SHIELDS

HEBBURN 1 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

A decent pre-season by the boys we managed to push a very good Austria Wien side right to the end as well as holding GH Academy to a draw. The most encouraging thing about pre-season were the performances of Coleman and Reay up front, hopefully they can bring their goal scoring boots to the games that matter.

BREAKING NEWS
Disaster Andy Eastwood has broke down in training and it is feared to be shin splints. This is a big blow for last years Fans Player of The Season. Hopefully the team can play well for Andys sake.

View attachment 14739

August 2010
The start of the month saw us be the first team to make the trip to Felixstowe, since there introduction into the new league. The shock news was the loss of Andy Eastwood for upto 5-6 months of the season, the centre back was superb last season and will be a massive loss. Here are the results...

RYTON 0 - 1 SOUTH SHIELDS

FELIXSTOWE 0 - 2 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 0 NORTON & STOCKTON ANCIENTS

(FA CUP 1st QR) WITNEY UNITED 0 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

(FA CUP 1st QR) SOUTH SHIELDS 0 -
0 WITNEY UNITED (Won 3-1 on Penalties)
Goalscorers
Young - 2
Reay - 1
Feasy - 1

Assists
Coleman - 1
Reay - 1
Feasy - 1
Fitzgerald - 1

It was a great start to the season as we managed to keep 5 consecutive clean sheets and get maximum points in the league. The FA Cup games were perhaps little bit of disappointment but we prevailed in the end hopefully we can sort out games in 90 minutes next time instead of needind a replay.

Player of The Month
Sam Young -
The midfielder has been in great form this season. He has been released from his defensive role that he occupied most of last season. This new role for him in the team has resulted in two goals. One being a screamer from 20 yards out.

League Table

View attachment 14743

Nice League form. Your players are slightly better than mine but higher league i guess.

September 2010
This month saw us continue our great run form, but the last game of the month left me reaching to strangle someone as game the against Gilford Park was one of the most infruiating games ever. We also dropped out of the FA Cup early doors which could be a blessing in disguise. Anyway here are the results...

ESH WINNING 0 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 2 - 1 SHILDON

(FA CUP 2nd QR) WHITEHAWK 1 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 1 BEDDLINGTON

(FA VASE) SOUTH SHIELDS 3 - 0 EPPING

DUNSTON 0 - 1 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 2 - 3 GILFORD PARK

Goalscorers
Coleman - 5
Reay - 3
Young - 1

Assists
Dickens - 1
Puncheon - 1
Feasy - 1
Bowker - 1

As you can see a fairly decent month even the FA Cup game was a decent performance away from home, and I am not too bothered at being out of the cup as I am focused on the league. As I stated above the match against Gilford Park was infuriating. We went two nil down at half-time after being the better team as well as creating 2 chances to get a goal. The second half began and we battled back to 2-2 with two penalties, with this the tide had turned we were on the up they were down to 10 men, their centre back sent off after the second penalty. Then against the run of play in the 91st minute a long ball forward by thier keeper was collected and scored by their striker. I was unapproachable after this game I was furious now instead of a comfortable 4 point lead at the top we only have a one point lead the lads need to get themselves going for every game no matter who the oppenents.

Player of The Month
Omari Coleman -
The striker,as you can see, got 5 goals over the month which helped the team towards the top of the table. After a barron first month at the club he is settling in, and unlike Shaun, he is playing well in every game which benefits the team hands down.

League Table

View attachment 14751

October 2010
This was a very good month by the boys we managed to bounce back from the disappointing defeat against Gilford Park. We were knocked out of the County Cup this month by Horden, but as I said before about the FA Cup, the league is the most important thing this season. Here are the results...

(FA VASE) SOUTH SHIELDS 3 - 0 SOUTH PARK

SOUTH SHIELDS 2 - 0 GUISBOROUGH

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 1 BISHOP AUCKLAND

CHESTER-LE-STREET 0 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 0 MORPETH

(DURHAM COUNTY CUP) HORDEN CW 1 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

PENRITH 0 - 1 SOUTH SHIELDS

PEACEHAVEN 0 - 2 SOUTH SHIELDS

Goalscorers
Coleman - 3
Reay - 1
Feasy - 1
Nugent - 1
Scott - 1
Barnes - 1
Phelan - 1

Assists
Dickens - 3
Feasy - 1
Reay - 1

A decent month by the boys starting with a convincing win agaisnt South Park, their was crowd trouble in this game when a little fat kid was hurling abuse at our players but nothing to major all though it was reported that boy named Kenny died which was a upsetting. As you can see we are spreading the goals amongst the team but if the strikeers starting taking their chances we would be well clear of all the teams we are playing so we would not be having a nervous last 10 minutes hanging on to a lead.

Player of The Month
Omari Coleman -
The striker is once again scoring goals and thats what wins you football games at the end of the day. My only fault with his game is that he needs to be more clinical in front of goal as he is getting chances but keeps blowing them, this must be improved.

League Table

View attachment 14785

This is a really good start to the season Danny, keep it up.

ahh good to see things going well this season

You look in with a big chance of promotion this season :) Keep it up

Is there actually a team called South Park?