The Sandancers, First their was Phil Brown then Joe McElderry and now Danny Simpson!!

Season Summary
As you can imagine I am over the moon we got promoted as champions. The lads that came in were able to help tip the lads towards that top spot they deserved. Here are the squad stats for the season...

View attachment 15066

Shaun Reay and Omari Coleman were the two to make a real difference both making double figures which is always pleasing for strikers to do. If you put this along side with the goals Phelan chipped in with it is easy to see why we were one of the top scorers in the division.

Managers Player/ Player's Player/ Fans Player of The Season & End of Season Party
Once again the lads will be enjoying an end of season party at the local Whiteleas Club, all of course on the Chairman Mr Buchanan. This will be a first for the new signings and they will be able to see the lads other talents, drinking and dancing.

The first award of the night was Managers Player of the year and the award, after a drum roll, went to defneder Andy Scott, the big guy accepted is award without too much fuss, typical of the man as he an unassuming character as well as devout Christian so no drink for him tonight.

After more drinks, and Reay and Coleman doing a very good impression of John & Edwards current No. 1 single form their Platinum selling album, we moved onto the second award of the night Player's Player and this award went to, for a second year running, Mike Buchanan, once again the keeper did not miss a single game and his performances this season have clearly impressed the rest of the team.

After a few more drinks we were ready for the final award of teh night Fans Player of The Year. The spokesman for the supporters club was there to do the honours and in dramtic style the award went to Lee Paul Scroggins, the fans realisng the importance of the midfielders role in the team with his 9 assists this season. Lee acceptted his award simliar to Halle Berry, with a speech prepared and thanking everyone under the sun, after 25 minutes of drivvle, Joe Perry, was able to disconnect the mic so the next 30 minutes of Lee's speech was merely background noise.

The very end of the night was the presentation of the league trophy. All the lads got in on the act and hopefully in 12 months time we can be celebrating another league title.

Pre-season Results
They were alot of new faces coing into the club as we needed to strengthen for the upcoming season. I have included the two signings I feel make the biggest difference in the team Barrie Keeling and Jeremiah Anson.

View attachment 15312

View attachment 15313

View attachment 15314

Although I am happy with the signings very poor pre-season results have been disappointing, we just did not play at all carrying on the poor form towards the end of last season.

SOUTH SHIELDS 2 - 0 GH ACADEMY

SOUTH SHIELDS 0 - 5 BURNLEY

WASHINGTON 1 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

JARROW 2 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

BRANDON 1 - 2 SOUTH SHIELDS

BIRTLEY 3 - 1 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 3 INDEPENDIENTE

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 3 COCKFOSTERS

The two games against Independiente and Burnley were glamour friendlies simply for the money. The other results were less than pleasing as all the other teams were at least 2 divisions below us we just simply didn't perform we need to sort out our for form before the season.

Well done mate good achievement :) Good read

Well a 5-0 defeat to Burnley isn't all that bad - Nice little money spinner as well

August 2011
As we started the new month we were not in the best of form and it looked like we continued that into the start of the season. We also managed to get a few more signings in and I am generally happy with the team now. Here are the results:

COLWYN BAY 4 - 2 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 0 OSSET ALBION

(FA CUP QR) SOUTH SHIELDS 0 - 1 LONG BUKBY

RADCLIFFE BORO 1 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

Goalscorers
Reay - 3

Assists
Hines - 2
Phelan - 1

Only winning 1 out 4 in any teams books is not acceptable, we knocked out of the FA Cup by a lower league team as well which did not improve my mood. A bright point being that although we lost in the last game of the month we performed well and left a bright future for the upcoming games.

Player of The Month
Shaun Reay -
The striker was the only player to score this season and if he continues at thsi pace he will help turn the teams fortunes around.

League Table
View attachment 15321

Well done mate good start :) Just started a story with your beloved Sunderland ;)

September 2011
Another poor month we just don't seem to be well to this league, the only positive thing is that the whole league is bunched together and few wins will get us challenging at the right end of the table. Here are the results:

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 3 SALFORD

PRESCOTT 0 - 2 SOUTH SHIELDS

WAKEFIELD 1 - 0 SOUTH SHIELDS

SOUTH SHIELDS 1 - 0 GARFORTH

Goalscorers
Coleman - 1
Reay - 1
Anson - 1
Trimmer - 1

Assists
Phelan - 1

Only one win agian this month and a change of tactics was needed as we were simply not performing so now we are using tactics straight out of a tactical genius' book, the legendary JP Woody tactics. Hopefully it will change the fortunes of the team.

Player of The Month
Jeremimah Anson -
The attacking midfielder has been putting him some decent performances since his arrival. It was also great to see him finally get his first goal for the club.

League Table

View attachment 15395

Ouch unlucky Danny, hopefully you can push on and get out of relegation zone, I'm probably over-reacting as there is plenty of league games left :p

This happened with me remember and i pulled away at the end. Give JP's Pep G Tactics a bash. Working wonders for me.

This happened with me remember and i pulled away at the end. Give JP's Pep G Tactics a bash. Working wonders for me.
They have helped like tweaked them to my style of play and going well will update when i can in playoff places with 8 games to go its squeaky *** time

Last edited:
Nicely done Danny, you probably conceded to many goals for promotion side, however you did get promoted

Ohh nicely done. Are you still enjoying it ? I have hit a bit of a meh point in my story.

Ohh nicely done. Are you still enjoying it ? I have hit a bit of a meh point in my story.

Yeah well up for it just lost intrest in doing the thread more than anything lol loving the game want to get to football league asap

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Nicely done Danny, you probably conceded to many goals for promotion side, however you did get promoted

Yeah it was just when I got beat I got beat bad, like the results show had a few 4-1s and 3-0s but managed to keep it tight in other games so evened itself out

Pre-season & August 2012
Moving into this league was a big big step in my opinion, as I would be playing teams that had been in the BSP in recent years so we would have to work hard to get any results. The bookies gave us odds of 10-1 so it meant that we would have a chance of promotion but we would need to perform against the big teams.

Their were a few new signings this season here were the new faces added to the squad..

View attachment 15908

View attachment 15909

View attachment 15910

View attachment 15911

View attachment 15912

View attachment 15913

I feel he new singings give the team anew dimension as we now have strength and depth for the first team with real quality, I am especially pleased with the signing of Jake Pidcock as a lot of clubs were interested but we swooped in to secure his signature.

Results
View attachment 15914

A mixed bag in pre-season we jsut didnt turn up in the first few games but it turned around by the GH Academy game. The two big defeats against Fulham and Dundee Utd, were of course just money spinning games to help out the club finances. After that pre-season I was not expecting much at the start of the season but 3 wins in a row was better than expected and we are the only team with an 100% record.

League Table
View attachment 15915

great start buddy mite only be winning 1-0 but 3 points is 3 points...im sure u will be setting ur sights on playoffs against at least...im trying to start one like this only difference is i wont 2 start at level 10 but their amateur which is solid lol...anyway good luck on the rest of the season i will be following.

September & October 2012
After such a great start 3 wins in a row it was expected that the league would get tougher and low and behold in September we found that out big style....

View attachment 16012

AS you can see did manage to make it 4 from 4 in the league but then we lost 3 games in a row, worst of all we lost to Leeum O'Connors inferior Angels team which was a shocker in all fairness. We sorted it out somewhat in October managing to get a few results here and there. We are 10th in the league but with upto 4 games in hand on other teams we could push into the top 5

League Table
View attachment 16014

You will be racing ahead of me soon Danny, Well Done so far.