The Show off your Regen (Newgen) thread

Finally built up the youth in my squad to try and dominate Europe:

View attachment 276360View attachment 276361View attachment 276362View attachment 276363View attachment 276364View attachment 276365View attachment 276366View attachment 276367View attachment 276368View attachment 276369

I know i massively over-paid for Gherlinzoni but i was offered ?23m for Ozil (29), ?18m for Bochetti (31) and ?20m for Doumbia (30) so i caved and bought him haha.

The mexican striker and Philippov are amazing.

So here's a few of my current regens a few seasons in, all working well to build a young and talented team (last season, won Bundesliga and Champions League with a team of an average age of just under 22 years).

So here they are (in non-chronological order):

Mauricio Salazar

68228-albums1023-276601.jpg
A freaking beast in defense, got him for free at the end of his contract after my scout was salivating over his potential.

Giovanni Ramirez
68228-albums1023-276600.jpg
Amazing fast striker, scores some incredible goal and only backup because I have someone even better than him.
Also free after his contract ended.

Luciano Nascimento Carvalho

68228-albums1023-276595.jpg
Scout found him when he was 17, but he didn't want to join (and I wouldn't have been able to afford the transfer fee anyway).
Loaned him for a season to convince him otherwise and signed him at the end of his contract from Lyon.

Haris Durakovic
68228-albums1023-276596.jpg
Great attacking midfielder and BH national team captain, although a tad inconsistent and he gets injured a bit too often.
Also free signing (see a pattern here...?)

Anton Kalimulin

68228-albums1023-276598.jpg
The creative force in my midfield. Doesn't score much but has a hand in the majority of the goals we score.
Scout found him early on when he was 16 and un-jaded so I signed him.
Joined my team when he turned 18 from Russian team KamAZ for a staggering fee of 7000 Euro....talk about a bargain.

Sebastian Benitez
68228-albums1023-276594.jpg
My most expensive signing up to that point at 1.5 Million Euro (plus some sell-on clauses) when he arrived in 2015.
Needed a strong wingback at the time and he more than exceeded my expectations.
The way I use my wingbacks he also scores a lot of goals (for a defender).

Ifeanyi Enyeama
68228-albums1023-276597.jpg
I had some injury troubles at the time and needed a target man, so when my scout found this Nigerian striker I didn't think twice about paying the Saudi club he was playing for 6.5 Million to get him.
First season I thought him a bust but since then he has adapted to my playing style and now scores some truly amazing goals.
(To be honest, I found him first a few seasons earlier when he was still playing in Africa but didn't sign him because his hair freaked me out.)

And now my pride and joy:

Nils Rahn 8-|
68228-albums1023-276599.jpg
Total fluke regen, he came through my own youth system in the second season - never had anyone even remotely close to his skill coming through my own ranks before.
Became instant first team player, wonderkid at 17, National Team debut at 18 (scored twice in his debut), club legend at 19, National Team captain at 20, and I had to swat away every major team with a stick to not lure him away in the early days (and recently I declined a Barca bid for 120 Million).
Hands down the best regen I ever had - I mean, just look at his last 5 games stats....

Honorable mentions:

Here are some current youth players that look quite promising, but it's too early to tell if they will work out - I had my fair share of promising talent that just never developed to expectations and had to go.
Although I'm pretty sure that Wolter will run them all into the ground eventually.....
68228-albums1023-276605.jpg

68228-albums1023-276603.jpg

68228-albums1023-276604.jpg

68228-albums1023-276602.jpg

It's truly amazing how players can turn out with a high determination...

What do you guys think about this regen? I'm really new to Football Manager, so I don't know if this guy is that good.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about this regen? I'm really new to Football Manager, so I don't know if this guy is that good.

He's going to be really good. 18 finishing for a 15-year-old is impressive - especially since he doesn't have any eyes, which has to make it hard to see the goal.

His dribbling and off the ball are very good, too. Individual training should probably focus on first touch and composure.

He's going to be really good. 18 finishing for a 15-year-old is impressive - especially since he doesn't have any eyes, which has to make it hard to see the goal.

His dribbling and off the ball are very good, too. Individual training should probably focus on first touch and composure.

Thanks mate! Always glad when someone who knows more than I do helps me with these things!

ScreenShot2012-09-22at160506_zps1f4db556.png

I need this player!

Had an offer of around ?19m accepted in January however he didn't want to join me. I'm now in July and he is showing interest however, Boca will not let him go and I've had a ?35m offer rejected!

ScreenShot2012-09-22at160506_zps1f4db556.png

I need this player!

Had an offer of around ?19m accepted in January however he didn't want to join me. I'm now in July and he is showing interest however, Boca will not let him go and I've had a ?35m offer rejected!

Just wait, before long he'll become tired of Boca or the CPU will make an offer for him and you'll get him cheaper.

@Micky Pain - that Nils Rahn is unreal, one of the best regens I have seen.

@meguel - okay mate will do, cheers for the advice

So here's a few of my current regens a few seasons in, all working well to build a young and talented team (last season, won Bundesliga and Champions League with a team of an average age of just under 22 years).

So here they are (in non-chronological order):

Mauricio Salazar

68228-albums1023-276601.jpg
A freaking beast in defense, got him for free at the end of his contract after my scout was salivating over his potential.

Giovanni Ramirez
68228-albums1023-276600.jpg
Amazing fast striker, scores some incredible goal and only backup because I have someone even better than him.
Also free after his contract ended.

Luciano Nascimento Carvalho

68228-albums1023-276595.jpg
Scout found him when he was 17, but he didn't want to join (and I wouldn't have been able to afford the transfer fee anyway).
Loaned him for a season to convince him otherwise and signed him at the end of his contract from Lyon.

Haris Durakovic
68228-albums1023-276596.jpg
Great attacking midfielder and BH national team captain, although a tad inconsistent and he gets injured a bit too often.
Also free signing (see a pattern here...?)

Anton Kalimulin

68228-albums1023-276598.jpg
The creative force in my midfield. Doesn't score much but has a hand in the majority of the goals we score.
Scout found him early on when he was 16 and un-jaded so I signed him.
Joined my team when he turned 18 from Russian team KamAZ for a staggering fee of 7000 Euro....talk about a bargain.

Sebastian Benitez
68228-albums1023-276594.jpg
My most expensive signing up to that point at 1.5 Million Euro (plus some sell-on clauses) when he arrived in 2015.
Needed a strong wingback at the time and he more than exceeded my expectations.
The way I use my wingbacks he also scores a lot of goals (for a defender).

Ifeanyi Enyeama
68228-albums1023-276597.jpg
I had some injury troubles at the time and needed a target man, so when my scout found this Nigerian striker I didn't think twice about paying the Saudi club he was playing for 6.5 Million to get him.
First season I thought him a bust but since then he has adapted to my playing style and now scores some truly amazing goals.
(To be honest, I found him first a few seasons earlier when he was still playing in Africa but didn't sign him because his hair freaked me out.)

And now my pride and joy:

Nils Rahn 8-|
68228-albums1023-276599.jpg
Total fluke regen, he came through my own youth system in the second season - never had anyone even remotely close to his skill coming through my own ranks before.
Became instant first team player, wonderkid at 17, National Team debut at 18 (scored twice in his debut), club legend at 19, National Team captain at 20, and I had to swat away every major team with a stick to not lure him away in the early days (and recently I declined a Barca bid for 120 Million).
Hands down the best regen I ever had - I mean, just look at his last 5 games stats....

Honorable mentions:

Here are some current youth players that look quite promising, but it's too early to tell if they will work out - I had my fair share of promising talent that just never developed to expectations and had to go.
Although I'm pretty sure that Wolter will run them all into the ground eventually.....
68228-albums1023-276605.jpg

68228-albums1023-276603.jpg

68228-albums1023-276604.jpg

68228-albums1023-276602.jpg

It's truly amazing how players can turn out with a high determination...

Rahn is ridiculously good. No weaknesses at all. I'm literally drooling right now. Speaking of determination, I hate having anyone in my squad with determination less than 15. Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if you can tutor someone and NOT have their determination affected? I've got some quality regens and have seen their determination drop from 20 to 15-17 through tutoring... & I hate it!

Steven Mayne... im newcastle and i seriously want to buy him

i have put in genie scouts opinion of his future stats.... so you can see why im posting him :)

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if you can tutor someone and NOT have their determination affected? I've got some quality regens and have seen their determination drop from 20 to 15-17 through tutoring... & I hate it!

I don't think so. But you shouldn't be trying to tutor guys with determination of 20 anyway because they don't need it.

The main point of tutoring is to improve a player's personality attributes like determination and professionalism. Players with determination that high already have the personality you want.

Rahn is ridiculously good. No weaknesses at all. I'm literally drooling right now.
@Micky Pain - that Nils Rahn is unreal, one of the best regens I have seen.

I know, in all my years of playing this game I never had anyone even close to that, let alone from my own youth system (****, since then I only had maybe three players coming through that could be considered more than backup to my reserves....).
Not sure how the game decided to generate him, but I'm not complaining.
But my current save has seriously declined now in terms of quality regens, with 18 scouts and a worldwide scouting knowledge of close to 75% I have yet to find anyone rated above 3 stars in the last few years...

Speaking of home-grown German strikers that have people's eyes popping out of their respective skulls...have a look at this guy. Stayed at Bayern all his life. Not seen many better. Don't know why, but in my save, it's always these German clubs that produce some absolutely beastly strikers.

View attachment 276855

I don't think so. But you shouldn't be trying to tutor guys with determination of 20 anyway because they don't need it.

The main point of tutoring is to improve a player's personality attributes like determination and professionalism. Players with determination that high already have the personality you want.

You should tutor players even if they have high determination as other benefits of tutoring are youngster leaning PPM's from tutor and building relationships (if tutoring goes well tutor and youngster likely to become favoured personnel) Just make sure tutor is determined or professional personality.

Best bet is to check out the Complete How To Train/Tutor My Players Thread - this advice from Raikan007 is on first page

"... I would use a senior player who has good stats in teamwork, determination, work rate with a few PPM's you would like this player to learn to fit your tactic and ensure that the senior player is determined or professional personality"