• West Ham

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Athletic Bilbao

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Champions League Final

champions-league-trophy1.jpg

NOTE: I had played it earlier today, I went off to a BBQ came back and fired up the save.... but it came up with a message saying ''Save Cannot Be Loaded''. My heart sunk :( but I looked on the Load Game section and it had a BACKUP version which loaded fine and just before the final. I won it before 3-1 btw with Fierro grabbing two and Oswald coming off the bench to score another free kick.

Line Ups

View attachment 274646

So I picked Oswald over Oscar to start this time, he's been immense lately, no other changes.

Result

Southampton 1 - 0 Bayern Munich

Fierro

View attachment 274647 View attachment 274648 View attachment 274649

So thankfully we won it again. Pretty much dominated them, they had no CCC to our 2. Kurt Zouma was a rock with Coates at the back and Bayern never looked like winning.

Champions League Top Goalscorer

View attachment 274650

Champions League Team of the Year

View attachment 274652

So I've won the big one with Southampton!!! And who said you couldn't win anything with kids aye ;). Euro's next with Belgium *sigh* really cba lol​

Congratulations Sam :)

Huge achievement with a relatively young side :)

I tried to pm you btw but your inbox is full :p

Congratulations Sam :)

Huge achievement with a relatively young side :)

I tried to pm you btw but your inbox is full :p
Ahh I'll delete my messages :p

Young but developed, Fierro is near full potential so's Bertoli and De Bruyne, Lallana was nominated for the Ballon d'Or. Zouma and Coates are near full developed too so pretty happy.

View attachment 274662

Jack Beckham's England debut went well!!! Considering England fans thought ''Beckham isn't good enough for this label'' stupid England fans!!!!

Euro 2016

euro%202016%20francia.jpg

Belgium Squad

Goalkeepers

1. Thibaut Courtois
22. Simon Mignolet
17. Theo Defourny

Three very good keepers but Courtois will be my number one with ease.

Defenders

13. Jan Vertonghen CB
18. Ritchie De Laet DR,DL,DC
2. Leo Noel(regen) DR,DL
12. Thomas Vermaelen DC, DL
5. Toby Alderweireld DC
16. Dedryck Boyata DC
4. Vincent Kompany(c) DC, DM, MC
3. Sebastien Pocognoli LB, ML, AML

All really good defenders to be fair. Ritchie De Laet and Leo Noel will rotate at right back. Kompany will be partnered by Vertonghen at centre back and Pocognoli and Vermaelen will rotate at left back.

Midfielders

6. Steven Defour DM, MC
8. Marouane Fellaini DM, MC
7. Radja Nainggolan DM, MC, AMC
23. Lars Vermeylen(regen) MC
19. Roland Lamah AML, AMR
14. Kevin De Bruyne AMR, AML, AMC, CM
10. Eden Hazard AML, AMC, MC

Again a really strong midfield, Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne will play on the wings as they're easily probably two of the best players in the squad(yes De Bruyne he's become immense). My BWM centre mid will probably be Nainggolan who has developed into a top player. My AP centre midfielder could be one of Fellaini and Dembele. Thi big name who is missing is Axel Witsel, unfortunately in our first friendly he twisted his ankle and will miss the tournament which is why I called up Lars Vermeylen who looks like a decent regen and could become a star of the future for us.

Forwards

20. Kevin Mirallas AMR, ST
11. Moussa Dembele CM, AML, ST
9. David Pollet ST
21. Gianni Bruno ST
15. Romelu Lukaku ST

Again a really strong area for us, Lukaku is easily our best striker though but my big choice will be who to partner him with. Mirallas did in qualification, but Bruno and Pollet have never let me down either. Tough choice.

Pre Tounament Friendlies

Belgium 4 - 0 USA

Nainggolan, Lukaku, Dembele, Witsel

*Witsel injured, out for tournament

Belgium 3 - 0 Guinea

Hazard, Lukaku, Bruno

Belgium 2 - 0 Switzerland

Mirallas, Pocognoli

So a perfect bunch of results for us. Switzerland being the real big test as they're ranked 15th in the world so I was happy to score a win over them.

Group

View attachment 274701

Tough group, need a result off Greece really as Croatia are a quality side.​

Group Stage

Belgian-young-crop.jpg

Belgium certainly don't miss Witsel as Vermeylen steps up
Turkey and Russia the big casualties
Belgium safely through and tear apart opposition

Results

Belgium 4 - 1 Slovenia

Hazard, Lukaku, Mirallas, De Bruyne

View attachment 274706 View attachment 274707

Started Vermeylen and Noel, they didn't let me down at all. An easy win and I thought it would be.

Belgium 5 - 1 Croatia

Mirallas, Lukaku(2), Vermeylen, Bruno

View attachment 274708 View attachment 274709

Massively shocked by this result, Croatia are ranked 5th in the world I think and we tore them apart. Started the two kiddies again as they did so well I couldn't drop them, Vermeylen missed a penalty but made up for it with a 20 yard belter. Hazard was MoM though as he had the Croatian players chasing shadows.

Greece 1 - 5 Belgium

Dembele, Pollet, Lukaku, Hazard(2)

View attachment 274710 View attachment 274711

Rested some players as we were already through, tore this lot apart too. All way too easy for us.

Group Table

View attachment 274712

Top the group but what surprised me most was that 3 teams qualified :s other groups only 2 did but some other groups 3 also qualified.

Second Round Draw

View attachment 274714

Slovenia again?!?!! Is this some kind of glitch?? Oh well should smash them up again, think we're in with a real good chance of challenging to win this especially after the Croatia result.

Tournament Player Stats So Far

View attachment 274716

We are tearing this tournament apart so far, Lukaku, Hazard and Vermeylen being the 3 best players by far.

Euro 2016 Second Round

Vincent-Kompany-Belgium_2772361.jpg

Belgium 3 - 0 Slovenia

Lukaku, Pollet, Nainggolan

View attachment 274719 View attachment 274720

Brushed them aside with ease... NEXT!!

Other Results

View attachment 274721

The big news is.. Lallana got injured :( badly. 4 months expected :( :(

Quarter Final Draw

View attachment 274722

Croatia..AGAIN!! What the ****, another team who we had in our group :s. Good news is they knocked out Italy, who with Bertoli up front would have caused us more problems than Croatia. He's classed as a ''Star Player'' for them :D

View attachment 274723

Quarter Final

images

Belgium 3 - 2 Croatia

Vermeylen, Nainggolan, Hazard

View attachment 274741 View attachment 274742

A much tougher game than before. Hazard's screamer at the end was fantastic, cut inside Srna on the edge of the box and unleashed a beautiful curling shot which went in the top corner clipping the post.

We now have Spain in the semi-final as England and Bosnia & Herzegovina play out the other tie.

Semi Final

kevin-mirallas-620-803064349.jpg

Spain 1 - 2 Belgium

Mirallas(2)

View attachment 274744 View attachment 274745

PHEW!!!! What a comeback!! I gave the boys a dressing down at half-time and it paid off, Kevin Mirallas a hero but credit to Lukaku also grabbing both assists and playing 30 minutes at centre back. I sent on Fellaini(3rd sub) who then got injured :(, so I played a 5-3-1 for the rest of the game with Lukaku at centre back!!! It worked :)

England await us in the final but without Rooney and Lallana I think we're in with a chance especially after beating Spain :)

Great result against Spain! , also congrats on last seasons performance, good luck in the final :)

Euro 2016 Final

Flag-Pins-Belgium-England.jpg

Belgium 0 - 1 England

View attachment 274746 View attachment 274747

Ahhhhhh **** it!!! :( We had our chances too, Lukaku missing 1 on 1 and Mirallas missing a good chance too. 88th minute Lukaku was about 4 yards out and headed straight at Joe Hart. Never mind it wasn't meant to be.

Player Awards

Golden Boot

1. Romelu Lukaku
2. Danny Welbeck
3. Fernando Torres

View attachment 274748

Best Player of the Tournament

1. Romelu Lukaku
2. Eden Hazard
3. Lars Vermeylen

View attachment 274749

Glad that the team were recognised for their efforts. Cleaned up in the awards :)

Dream Team

View attachment 274750

:) very happy to see so many of our boys in there too :D all of the team were sensational.

So will I stay with Belgium? Probably, I feel like I have unfinished business here and still these players have 1 more tournament in them. The likes of Kompany, Dembele, Fellaini ect. will probably be past their best after the next world cup in 2 years. So I'll stay for now :)

Pre Season
(Up to Community Shield)

attachment.php

Sign some old and some young players
Few big names leave
Given massive transfer budget
Fierro named 3rd Best player in Europe

Transfers

View attachment 274762

Ins

So the two most recognisable names on the list are clearly Xabi Alonso and Iker Muniain!! Two quality players, Alonso joining on a free and Muniain for a record fee for us. Raheem Sterling was snapped up for quite a cheap fee I'd say and only because I couldn't get The Ox back at St Mary's. Also on the list is Noel who had left his club when his contract ran out and I couldn't resist not signing him, he's okay and will be our backup right back. Mario Pintos is a Centre Mid regen who looks pretty decent to be honest and could spell the end of Oscar's stay at St Mary's. Here is some screenie's of the regens:

Acacio

View attachment 274764

Pietro Rizzo

View attachment 274765

Nelson

View attachment 274766

Mario Pintos

View attachment 274768

Leo Noel

View attachment 274769

Outs

Again quite a lot of players shown the door, West Ham met Henderson's release clause and considering I signed him for nothing £6.5m wasn't a bad bit of profit. Khedira was sold for a nice lump of profit as I snapped up Xabi Alonso. Sam Garvey was sold for some more profit and also some add-ons. Lehmann was also shown the door for some decent money and add-ons. Ocampos was the big departure I suppose, signed for £1m all those years ago I made some nice money off him also. The rest were all loaned for experience or sold because they weren't good enough.

Best 11 of Last Season

View attachment 274770

Also I was given a huge transfer budget of £114m, I tried to sign Gotze, Thiago and Ronaldo having crazy bids accepted for them but the player not wanting to even talk to me :(. I wont bother posting pre season results as I just let my assistant do them, I couldn't be bothered and never do play them. If people want any screenshots of players ect. please just ask I don't mind at all. Also Fierro came 3rd in a pretty big award I'd say :)

View attachment 274771

Woop 3rd best player in Europe :) 1 step closer to breaking Messi's stranglehold on the big awards!!​

Do you ever plan on leaving Southampton ?
Originally yes. I've won nearly everything I can but I have such a quality young side here I don't want to leave :( I may do if I get bored though