• Southampton

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • West Ham

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Athletic Bilbao

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks everyone who voted. Southampton it is!!! I have my Laptop back, I'm installing everything as we speak :)

Would like to see a Southampton story been them a couple of times and there are fun to be

Im a saints fan, and i voted Southampton in your list. :) It'll be good to read a soton story where you develop the youngsters! Two players to develop are James ward prowse and luke shaw who is EPIC!! get him to his best PA and your looking at 170/200

Thanks everyone for voting :D

I'm having problems logging into my Steam account :mad: ****** steam. As you all know to install FM12 you HAVE to have steam and the key code isn't working if I create a new steam account. I've emailed them and hopefully it will be resolved soon. If not I'll just buy another copy of FM12 from amazon, its only a tenner on there. This story will be up and running Friday at the very latest :D

Also thanks for all your comments guys glad to know so many people are interested in watching me taking the Saints all the way to the top...... maybe lol

pfft at least its only a tenner though steam would be 20 quid lol got mine from local asda lol so did bro haha got one so we could play over net haha he decided he hated it though lol. over the net not FM who the **** hate FM lmoa

Right guys, I'll be dropping an update later. Games coming tomorrow so I can start smashing out this story properly.

Thanks for your patience everyone I promise to deliver a great story :)

Story starts tomorrow, I know have a new copy of FM12.

Come on you Saints!!!

Sam Birch Announced As Southampton Manager

images

Ex Chelsea player Sam Birch has today been announced as Nigel Adkins' successor at St. Mary's. The former manager resigned last week citing health problems as his reason for leaving. Sam Birch will have a lot to do as Adkins had led The Saints to back to back promotions to return the South Coast club to the Premier League after relegation back in 2005.

Squad Overview and Tactics

View attachment 264042

Key Players

Jay Rodriguez

View attachment 264043

Adam Lallana

View attachment 264044

Jack Cork

View attachment 264045

These three players hold the key to us having a good season. The whole squad is actually pretty decent. I told the board I could get us a mid table finish and they gave me £21M. I aim to bring in a centre back, goalkeeper, maybe a centre midfielder and right winger. We have four very good strikers in Jay Rod, Billy Sharp, Tadanari Lee and Rickie Lambert. Luke Shaw has been promoted to the Senior Side and will be our back up left back.

Next update will include pre season games and transfers. All comments welcome whether positive or criticism :)

Looking good so far. Will it be laid out the same as your last story? Think Kilp and yourself laid out the best story's so far.

I will follow as expected as long as you lose against Newcastle every time you play them and of course Bilbao should you ever come up against them lol

Looking good so far. Will it be laid out the same as your last story? Think Kilp and yourself laid out the best story's so far.
Yeah mate, its so easy to pack the update with loads of info and it looks great too.

Thanks everyone for your comments. August will be up later :) and I've made some pretty big signings(for a club like Southampton) too ;)

August and Transfers

images

Tough League start for us
Nottingham Forest absolutely smashed in the Capital One Cup
Very busy in the transfer market

Transfers

View attachment 264173

Ins

So I was chuffed we managed to bag Niang, he pretty much becomes the best striker in the world in a few years and hopefully can lead the line with Jay Rod for many years. I also bagged Carlos Fierro but he's coming in next season. Marc Albrighton and Tshabalala were snapped up and give us some options in the wide areas. Drenthe comes in as a versatile left sided player, most likely be sold next season though. I tried to sign Jack Butland but Birmingham wanted £15M and I just wasn't willing to pay that much.

Outs

Mainly just dead wood who weren't good enough

League Results

Sunderland 1 - 2 Southampton

Rodriguez, Lallana

Southampton 1 - 4 Man City

Rodriguez

Spurs 3 - 0 Southampton

Capital One Cup

Nottingham Forest 1 - 8 Southampton

Lallana(2), Sharp, Niang(2), Hooiveld, Ward-Prowse, Jose Fonte

View attachment 264175 View attachment 264176

Records Broken

View attachment 264178 View attachment 264179 View attachment 264180

Monthly Review

So a tough start in the league playing Spurs and City, I didn't expect to win either of those games. Spurs have made some big moves in the window and City are just insane anyway. Glad we beat Sunderland though as they're the kind of teams we need to be picking up points off to secure a mid table finish. The Forest result was mad, I played a couple of our youth players and they didn't disappoint, Ward-Prowse really impressed me!! Marc Albrighton managed to get injured at the end of the month though :/

View attachment 264181

Player of the Month

Adam Lallana

images

Close between him and Jay Rod but his performance against Forest was incredible

League Table

View attachment 264177

Any kind of feedback is always appreciated :) thanks for reading