images

Good player from the Youth Academy
Mixed League results
Youngster makes debut against Newcastle
Dudziak signed from Dortmund

New Star through Youth Academy

Colin Hoad

View attachment 264763

Not too bad, probably spells the end for Tom Huddlestone who's been awful this year.

New signing

Jeremy Dudziak

View attachment 264764

Just look how versatile this lad is!! Only 16 too. He hadn't signed a pro contract with Dortmund yet so I snapped him up for £1.1M compensation. Not a bad bit of business

League Results

West Brom 1 - 3 Southampton

Wilson, Rodriguez, Foster OG

Chelsea 2 - 1 Southampton

Niang

Southampton 2 - 1 Newcastle

Niang, Cork

Man United 4 - 1 Southampton

Tshabalala

Monthly Review

Certainly not the worst month ever. Don't expect to beat United or Chelsea but we certainly could have performed better in those matches. We were plain AWFUL against United. Good wins against West Brom and Newcastle though.

Colin Hoad broke Luke Shaw's record of youngest player when he made his debut against Newcastle.

View attachment 264766

Player of the Month

Danny Wilson

images

Top performances this month, we would have been much worse off without him that's for sure. Formed a solid CB partnership with Caulker, will be looking to sign him in the summer.

League Table

View attachment 264765

So Spurs are still top, never thought I'd like the sight of that but means European football for us next season if they can hold onto a top 4 place. If they don't then this game must hate me soooo much

April

images

(I was like this ALOT this month)

Worst month of my whole time playing FM
Not a single win
Jack Butland was out the whole month thanks to some **** who I never play injuring him in training!!
Marc Albrighton kicks up a fuss and will leave this summer
Another new signing the only positive this month

League Results

Reading 1 - 1 Southampton

Niang

Southampton 3 - 4 Arsenal

Lallana(2) Niang

View attachment 264874

Swansea 0 - 0 Southampton

Southampton 0 - 0 Stoke

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Southampton

Rodriguez

Monthly Review

Awful month. Not a single win, I see all those matches as winnable. Even the Arsenal game as they went down to 10 men!! I called a team meeting halfway through the month and EVERY SINGLE PLAYER responded positively. Even Albrighton who now hates me as he's not getting game time. So yeah, really **** month.

Butland got injured at the start and only returned just after the Villa game! And about the Villa game look at these screenies!!

View attachment 264877 View attachment 264878

Argh says something when you openly criticise the ref after a game and the FA do nothing about it. Normally they're on that **** quicker than a fat kid on a cupcake!!!

New Signing

So onto our new signing to brighten the update up. I snapped him up before he singed a pro contract. He's actually being chased in real life by Chelsea I've heard.

Say hello to our new wing wizard.. Lucas Ocampos!!

View attachment 264875

He's got nearly everything you could want from a winger, except crossing. We'll work on that. But he's got pace, skill, dribbling, flair. A lot of what we've been missing this year, and he's only 17!!

Player of the Month

Adam Lallana

images

Been my best player this year, so consistent.

League table

View attachment 264876

You lost to Newcastle I see so I continued to follow but then you beat them so follow I will no more lol - after all its not as if you follow my stories!:p

Seriuosly though, you are doing well, you hoping to push for a European spot next season?

May and End Of Season Awards

images

Strong end to the season
Spurs win the league
I come 3rd in Manager of the Year

League Results

Southampton 2 - 1 Everton

Drenthe, Niang

Southampton 2 - 1 Liverpool

Tshabalala, Lallana

View attachment 265009

Fulham 1 - 2 Southampton

Tshabalala, Sharp

View attachment 265010

View attachment 265015

Final Table

View attachment 265011

Season Review

So a very solid season I'd say. There were some great games, there were some awful games(EVERTON)!! But all in all a good season as we were predicted 19th!! So many players under performed for me though, Huddletone, Jay Rod, Jack Cork to name some.

There will be a lot of changes this summer with a lot of players off. Already we have signed a few to come in as you've soon and there will be even more I imagine. We didn't get European football, I can only imagine that it doesn't matter that Spurs got Champions League football, you have to win the League Cup to get it. Never mind.

Player Awards

images

PFA Player of the Year

View attachment 265012

PFA Players Player of the Year

View attachment 265013

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 265014

PFA Young Player of the Year

View attachment 265016

Manager of the Year

View attachment 265017

Golden Glove

View attachment 265018

So the only award we were involved in is Manager of the Year which I came third in. Never mind, was hoping Niang might have been involved in PFA Young Player.

Southampton Player Ratings

View attachment 265019

Not many breaking the 7.00 mark. Niang the pick of the strikers, maybe I should have given Steve Davies a chance instead of Jack Cork but I always favour the youngsters.

My Player Awards

Player of the Season

Adam Lallana

View attachment 265020

Easily could have gone to Tshabalala but Lallana just pipped it for me.

Young Player of the Season

M'Baye Niang

View attachment 265022

Brilliant first season for the young lad, be leading the line for many years

Signing of the Season

Siphiwe Tshabalala

View attachment 265023

Signed for £325k now worth over £4M. I'll have 1 more season out of him than sell him, not that he's not good enough but to allow my younger players coming in to develop live Callum Chambers and Lucas Ocampos.

That's It!!!!!! Would love to hear your guys opinions on everything, and thank you for reading :)

Great start mate, maybe a couple of quality signings and you'll challenge for Europe?

Great start mate, maybe a couple of quality signings and you'll challenge for Europe?

Yeah lining up some now :) should get a decent amount of money and snap up some decent free transfers too

Thanks for following

Had a massive squad overhaul, even more than I thought so will do a complete seperate update for transfers then do a pre season and August update after. Nearly spent over £50M and sold £40M worth of players

Good finish to the season and look forward to seeing your start to the new season.

A brilliant 1st season. 17 wins and a top half finish i'd say was the maximum you could expect from season 1.

Spurs won the leauge :O

A brilliant 1st season. 17 wins and a top half finish i'd say was the maximum you could expect from season 1.

Spurs won the leauge :O
Yeah, a lot of players underperformed though. (Huddlestone, Jay Rod, Jack Cork to name a few) so we could have done better.

I know they walked it!! Spent big though getting in Damiao and Srna. Plus Emmanuel Adebyor smashed it the goals

Any news on the transfers yet bud? Looking forward to seeing where this big money was spent ;D

Any news on the transfers yet bud? Looking forward to seeing where this big money was spent ;D
I'll update tomorrow. Off to work now. Sorry just been really busy with my Saturday League football team, training Tuesday and a match Yesterday

Great stuff managing the Mighty saints (life long fan so a bit biast ;) ) Ocampos is a beast keep up the great work !!

Ps. The skin is StekloX2 :D

Sorry lads defo an update tomorrow, been really busy with work and a mates 21st.

Skin I use is Steklo X2 which Greggylad said, if people want I can post the link