• Southampton

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • West Ham

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Athletic Bilbao

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great stuff Sam, don't worry about the defeats against city and spurs, just keep winning the winnable games like against sunderland and you'll be fine :D

September

images

10 Man Southampton smash Brighton in 3rd Round of Capital One Cup
Pulling away from the bottom in the league
Niang win Young Player of the Month
Callum Chambers becomes youngest COC Goalscorer

League

Southampton 2 - 1 Wigan

Rodriguez, Sharp

Norwich 1 - 0 Southampton

Southampton 2 - 1 West Ham

Niang(2)

View attachment 264203

Capital One Cup

Southampton 3 - 0 Brighton

Sharp(2), Chambers

View attachment 264204 View attachment 264201

Monthly Review

A good month I'd say. Bit annoyed we couldn't get at least a point off Norwich. Happy we beat Wigan and West Ham though, Niang tore the Hammers apart!! In the Brighton match Ward-Prowse got sent off 9 minutes in but Billy Sharp and Callum Chambers scored the goals to send us through. West Brow away in the next round, maybe we can go far!!

Player of the Month

Billy Sharp

images

Saved us against Brighton, just pipped Niang to the award

League Table

View attachment 264202

October

images

Impressive month for The Saints
Two crazy matches against West Brom!!
Jay Rod bags Hattrick against QPR
Chelsea await for us in the Quaters of the Capital One Cup

League

QPR 2 - 3 Southampton

Rodriguez(3)

Liverpool 0 - 0 Southampton

Southampton 3 - 2 West Brom

Lallana, Sharp

View attachment 264229

Southampton 1 - 1 Chelsea

Niang

View attachment 264230

Capital One Cup

West Brom 2 - 3 Southampton
(AET)

Connolly, Tshabalala, Rodriguez

View attachment 264231

Monthly Review

Fantastic month, unbeaten and we grabbed a point off both Liverpool and Chelsea!! West Brom gave us two stern tests and it took extra time to seperate us in the Cup match. Chelsea next and judging by our league game against them I hope we can ****** a win off them.

Player of the Month

Kelvin Davies

images

Some great performances between the sticks, got a 9.2 rating against Chelsea!! 35 though and will replace him at the end of the season

League Table

View attachment 264232

We're 7th!!!! Level points with United!!!!!!!!!!!!! My worries of maybe a relegation battle have disappeared and I'm hoping we might be able to sneak into the Europa League next year.

Hope everyone's enjoying it so far :)

Looking good mate. You will have to keep me updated with how Albrighton does as i've brought him a couple of times once with Norwich and once as Hibs. Become a pretty good player at Norwich but failed at Hibs and I sold him for less than what I got him for. Hopefully he will turn out good for you though.

Looking good mate. You will have to keep me updated with how Albrighton does as i've brought him a couple of times once with Norwich and once as Hibs. Become a pretty good player at Norwich but failed at Hibs and I sold him for less than what I got him for. Hopefully he will turn out good for you though.
Yeah, bit unfortunate he got injured at the end of August, and it was quite a bad one so I'm just hoping it doesn't stunt his growth as a player. He's got a lot of competition for that right wing position too with Lallana and Callum Chambers(who has been superb so far)

nice story mate! Niang will make your money worth :D

Great start Sam. 12 points clear of relegation, shouldnt be a issue now

If I can get 4th with Fulham 1st season, you can surely get top half!

Cheers guys, yeah I didn't know why I was worrying!! Just was :p

Next update later or defo tomorrow

November

images

Winless month in the league
Southampton throw away 2 goal lead against United
Still going strong in the Capital One Cup
Pardew and Big Sam first manager casualties, Shearer takes over at Newcastle
Jay Rod and Niang can't score!!

League

Newcastle 1 - 0 Southampton

Southampton 2 - 2 Manchester United

Drenthe, Sharp

View attachment 264542

Arsenal 2 - 1 Southampton

Tshabalala

Capital One Cup

Chelsea 1 - 2 Southampton

Lallana(2)

View attachment 264543

Monthly Review

Awful month in the league, but we had some tough games in there. Should have won the Newcastle game, and the United match was hearbreaking. We took the lead against Arsenal too but they scored the winner in the 85th minutes. We easily beat Chelsea in the Capital One Cup, 2-1 didn't do us justice we hit the woodwork 3 times!!Alan Pardew and Big Sam were the 2 first casualties, I was linked with both the jobs (Favourite for the West Ham job too). Shearer took over at the Sports Direct Arena. West Ham still to announce their new manager.

View attachment 264546

Also look at this screenie, England ''Tought Spain A Lesson in Football''

View attachment 264545

Player Of The Month

Adam Lallana

images

No-one was outstanding but his performance against Chelsea was superb

League Table

View attachment 264544

So a third of the way through the season and we are 10th!! Not bad at all I'd say

Last edited:
That month went decently regarding the fixtures you had- Hopefully you can challenge for the Europa league, or qualify for it through the FA/League cup :)

That month went decently regarding the fixtures you had- Hopefully you can challenge for the Europa league, or qualify for it through the FA/League cup :)
Yeah, bit annoyed with the United and Newcastle results. Got my fingers crossed for Europa League football, probably most likely through the Capital One Cup

December

images

Mixed results in the League
Niang hits some form
Tshabalala named African Player of the Year
Mike Phelan named West Ham manager
Tony Pulis leaves high flying Stoke for 18th placed Sunderland as O'Neill is sacked

League Results

Southampton 2 - 1 Reading

Niang, Rodriguez

Southampton 2 - 1 Swansea

Rodriguez, Lallana

Stoke 2 - 1 Southampton

Niang

Everton 5 - 4 Southampton

Niang(3), Caulker

View attachment 264604

Southampton 2 - 2 Aston Villa

Rodriguez, Tshabalala

Southampton 3 - 1 Fulham

Tshabalala(2), Sharp

View attachment 264606

Monthly Review

I hate this game sometimes!!!! 4-2 up against Everton at half-time, I make all my subs, then Luke Shaw gets injured so we have to play the last 30 minutes with 10 men, and lose 5-4!! Give me a freaking break!! Not a bad month in the league though, slipping away from 7th so my best chance to qualify for Europe will be the Capital One Cup. Lukily we got drawn against Blackburn in the Semi-Final, and with Spurs on the other side of the draw expected to beat Everton and qualify for the Champions League hopefully we can get into Europe :)

In other news Tshabalala won African Player of the Year beating Eto'o and Pienaar to the award!! We broke our record attendance in the match against Reading and Mike Phelan left United and Fergie to take over struggling West Ham.

View attachment 264608 View attachment 264609 View attachment 264611

Player of the Month

M'Baye Niang

images

5 goals in 5 games for the youngster including an impressive hat-trick againt Everton. Any other month and it would have gone to Tshabalala.

League Table

View attachment 264610

I loved that Sandersons top Soton had around 96/97. That Everton game looked crazy

I loved that Sandersons top Soton had around 96/97. That Everton game looked crazy
That Everton game ****** me off soooo much!!

Just so typical that once you've made all 3 subs you get a player injured, happens so much to me. Never mind!!!

January

images

2 new additions at St Mary's
Southampton out of one of the cups.. but which one?
Modric and Ganso join United

Transfer News

View attachment 264725

So we got Butland for £10M, £2.5M up front with the rest monthly for 42 months. Danny Wilson came in to give us some much needed depth at centre back.

Leaving were a number of fringe players, some of which are good players but I really want to develop some of the youth players here like Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse ect. so room needed to be made.

Other Teams

Fellaini from Everton to PSG for £26M
Modric from Spurs to United for £25M
Ganso from Santos to United for £20.5M

Tiote from Newcastle to Liverpool for £16.25M
Marvin Martin from Lille to Spurs for £16M
Vargas from Fiorentina to Liverpool for £15.5M
Quaresma from Besiktas to Spurs for £10M

Ba from Newcastle to Genoa for £6.5M
Malouda from Chelsea for Marseille

League Results

Southampton 0 - 1 Sunderland

Man City 2 - 0 Southampton

Southampton 2 - 0 Spurs

Thsabalala, Rodriguez

View attachment 264726

Wigan 0 - 1 Southampton

Sharp

FA Cup

Southampton 6 - 2 Arsenal

Caulker(2), Lallana, Rodriguez, Niang(2)

View attachment 264727

QPR 3 - 2 Southampton

Drenthe, Tadanari Lee

Capital One Cup

Southampton 2 - 0 Blackburn

Lallana, Chambers

Blackburn 3 - 4 Southampton
(Southampton win 6-3 on agg)

Huddlestone, Rodriguez, Tshabalala, N'Zonzi OG

View attachment 264728

Monthly Review

Another mixed month really. Smashed Arsenal's kids in the FA Cup but crashed out to QPR, we were awful against them!! Disappointed to lose to Sunderland but the lads made it up to me against Spurs when we grabbed a great win! We made it to the final of the Capital One Cup after beating Blackburn easily in the first leg and after a tough second leg, we face Spurs in the final and after beating them in the league I have my fingers crossed for another top performance.

Player of the Month

Steven Caulker

steven-caulker_307x230.jpg

Been so solid for us this season, hopefully I can wrap up a permanent deal for him this summer

League Table

View attachment 264730

Last edited:
February

images

Solid month in the league
Close match in the Capital One Cup Final..
Butland finally concedes a goal

League

West Ham 0 - 1 Southampton

Lallana

Southampton 3 - 0 Norwich

Tshabalala, Rodriguez, Niang

View attachment 264734

Southampton 1 - 1 QPR

Niang

Capital One Cup Final

Spurs 2 - 1 Southampton

Rodriguez

View attachment 264735

Monthly Review

Soooo what can I say.. heartbreaking. So close, yet so far away. We were missing Butland, Caulker, Wilson and Niang for this game due to Butland and Wilson being cup tied, Caulker couldn't play against his parent club and Niang was on fecking International Duty!!! To be fair Spurs were the better side, they took the lead and dominated us in the first half. I gave the team a massive dressing down at half-time to fire them up. Jay Rod pulled us level and from then on it was back and forth until Drenthe had to be a massive **** and give away such a stupid penalty which VDV put away.

In the league we were solid with only QPR taking points from us. Very happy with the Norwich reuslt, they're struggling but still a good side.

Player Of The Month

Jack Butland

images

So solid in goal, made a massive difference for us in between the sticks.

League Table

View attachment 264736

Pulling well clear of 10th and its tight between us, Stoke and Swansea battling for 7th. I can only hope and pray Spurs get into the top 4 so we can have that Europa League place.​

Well done so far mate on February already! Butland looks like a great signing! hopefully you can get Europa League for next season KIU.