• Southampton

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • West Ham

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Athletic Bilbao

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So 17 people have downloaded it apparently!!!! How's everyone getting on? What're you doing with it? ;)

Won 3-1 against Norwich with the tactics already there, haven't deleted your manager.

Shame you couldnt carry on - I know how that feels - if it wasnt for Aitor my Bilbao save would have ended up the same way!!!! Castel di Sangro is only lasting so long due to the fact I cant be arsed starting a new one before FM13

Not been on the forum recently, but read through a lot of pages and great story! Good luck in fm13!

Shame you couldnt carry on - I know how that feels - if it wasnt for Aitor my Bilbao save would have ended up the same way!!!! Castel di Sangro is only lasting so long due to the fact I cant be arsed starting a new one before FM13
I still haven't finished this season, just lost my passion for it now FM13 is so close and FIFA 13 is out. Still playing it occasionally though and was my favourite FM save ever too :)

Won the league 7p before Man city. i won the fa cup against Arsenal. Champions Leauge winner against AC Milan
Lol very nice!! I got Arsenal in the FA Cup final too. In the Champions League semi's against Barca but looking good after a 3-2 away leg win and 2 points clear at the top with a game in hand and 4 or 5 games left.

Thinking about maybe reviving the story until i get FM13!!! Im back to enjoying he game and save! Lemme know if you want me to or not?

Hey Sam

I just came across this today and i have to tell you, i couldnt stop reading. Fantastic story mate. Just downloading your save now and hope to see where i end up.

As for continuing the story, definitely man! I'd love to read more about the exploits of bertoli.

On that note, how did your own season end up? Didnt quite catch that. Thanks again for a brilliant story

Hey Sam

I just came across this today and i have to tell you, i couldnt stop reading. Fantastic story mate. Just downloading your save now and hope to see where i end up.

As for continuing the story, definitely man! I'd love to read more about the exploits of bertoli.

On that note, how did your own season end up? Didnt quite catch that. Thanks again for a brilliant story
Thanks man, haven't finished it yet!! Won the FA Cup, title race is going to the wire once more! And I have a Champions League final against Madrid to play too.

Glad you like the story and enjoy the save :) think I will revive the story :D

Thinking about maybe reviving the story until i get FM13!!! Im back to enjoying he game and save! Lemme know if you want me to or not?

If it feels good DO it! Would be good to see it back on the go sam

Definitely think u shud carry on with this and revive the story mate. Has to be my favourite story ever for fm. Looking forward to more from the legend that is Sam birch.

Think I will kick it off again lads :) I'll drop an update when I get in from work(I work nights)

I've finished the season as well

Stuart Pearce Sacked As England Manager

stuart-pearce-england.jpg

The English FA today announced the sacking of Stuart Pearce after England's shock exit in the World Cup. England crashed out after disgracefully losing 2-0 to Wales in the First Knockout Round. Brazil went on to win the competition beating Argentina 4-2 in the Final.

Southampton manager Sam Birch is widely expected to take the reigns after another hugely successful season with The Saints winning the BPL, FA Cup and Champions League with a huge 6-2 mauling of Real Madrid in the Final.

Mr Birch had this to say:

''Obviously its an honor to be considered for such a role and would love to take charge, I said after my spell with Belgium the only team I'd manage Internationally would be England. I honestly can't believe some of Stuart's decisions in the Wales game, leaving Jack Beckham on the bench was an awful shout. I know he was trying to rest him but it clearly backfired. I'd love to take charge but obviously its not up to me.''

Mr Birch has become a Southampton legend in the 7 seasons he's been there winning 4 League titles, 2 Champions League's, 5 FA Cups and 4 League Cups. He's also been widely praised for doing so with such a young squad which have now become superstars. Carlos Fierro and Filippo Bertoli are considered among the best players in the world with Bertoli winning the World Player of the Year this past January.

An announcement regarding the England job should be made withing the coming days, with Birch recently signing a new 5 year deal with Southampton on £100k a week this could be his best week ever.

On the Tweet

images

@Jack_Becks: Shocking lose to Wales, didn't need a rest and wanted to be out there from the start. Hope Birchy takes the reigns, he's the man for us

@WayneRooney: Disappointed to miss out the tournament through injury and to see Stuart go

@The_Ox : Shocking tournament, sorry everyone

@SBirch91 : Horrible performance by England, sad to see the National side crash out like that #ShouldHavePlayedBecks

Birch announced as England Boss

images

In a move that was widely expected Saints boss Sam Birch has also taken charge of the England National side. Stuart Pearce was sacked earlier this week after The Three Lions shocking World Cup in which Wales knocked them out. His first game will be against Chile in a friendly match on the 15th of August.

In other news Roberto Di Matteo resigned from Chelsea and Eden Hazard is widely expected to sign for Manchester United who also lost AVB to Barca this summer. Southampton themselves sold a few fringe players and signed 15 year old Brazilian centre mid for just over £1m.

Pre Season and August

images

Hazard completes move to United
Saints sign just 2 youngsters
Leeds and City make 2 big money deals
Great start to the season for us

Transfers

View attachment 279400

So probably my least busy window. I was close to wrapping up a deal for Higuin but he chose Liverpool. The 2 I bought are 16 year old youngsters who are for the future. The players who left just weren't good enough or not needed.

Other transfers

View attachment 279401

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Chelsea 2 - 5 Southampton

Beckham, Bertoli(3), Fierro

View attachment 279402

Southampton 4 - 0 Spurs

Bertoli, Fierro(2), Dawson OG

View attachment 279403

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Shield

Southampton 3 - 3 Manchester United
(United win 7-6 on pens)

Awandijoinou, Bertoli(2)

View attachment 279404

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Euro Super Cup

Southampton 1 - 0 Bordeaux

Bertoli

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Pretty happy with the month. Disappointed with the United game but we were 2-0 down early on thanks to Welbeck being a full on badass. Glad with the start to the league as sometimes we can be a bit dodgy at the start. Bertoli is still in insane mode smashing them in as usual.

Player of the Month

Filippo Bertoli

View attachment 279405

Who else?

Table

View attachment 279406

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

England

images

England 1 - 0 Chile

Barratt

Ex Saint Bill Barratt on his 4th game bagged his first England goal to secure me a debut win as manager. I handed Ross Barkley his International debut dropping James Milner to make room for him(Seriously Milner freaking SUCKS).​

Just read the whole thing over the past few days and im glad youre back KIU