The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Can't believe this game is still only 1-0.

We should be at least 3-0 up by now, and that's still taking into account over 9000 misses.

Expecting this to finish 1-1; Davies late on.

2-0 now, lennon, wonderful move by spurs as usual. I reckon spurs are the silkiest ball players in the EPL atm

What is everyone's predictions for the Tottenham Sunderland game at the weekend?

I personally see this game as a must win situation because if we lose we could easily drop down to 6th and if we win we will still be challenging the top 3 with a game in hand. Although, as of late Sunderland have been having on good form with 2 wins in a row. In my opinion it will finish 2-1 to Tottenham.

I just saw Adebayor run 50 yards to cover for BAE. I'm stunned.

Well, with the Christmas period over, we now have a rest until the 11th January where we play our game in hand against Everton, finally.

I was confident going into that game originally, but I'm not sure how I feel considering Parker and Sandro are currently injured. Livermore should be available, but he is definitely not in the same league as the aforementioned two.

Still, we have a nice cushion between 3rd and 4th/5th/6th now, in both points and game(s) in hand, and I couldn't be more impressed with how we've done thus far. Kaboul for me has been absolutely sensational. Doesn't seem to matter who you partner him with, he is an absolute rock.

I've also noticed that, since we've bought a goalkeeper who is less prone to mistakes and 'flapping', if you will, we have cut our losses and home draws almost out completely.

All in all, very pleased and long may it continue.

2qu43fc.jpg

Current injuries:

Scott Parker - Knee Injury
Ledley King - Hamstring Injury
Aaron Lennon - Hamstring Injury
Sandro Ranieri - Groin Tear
Tom Huddlestone - Ankle and Foot Injury
William Gallas - Groin Tear and possible Hamstring Injury

Ouch, the injuries don't do us any good. Also with BAE leaving for the AFCoN, who will cover his position at leftback? Bale? Or maybe someone like Kaboul will have to play out of position. How much is the estimated time for Parker to return? The guy's been awesome so far. And what about Lennon? Having him back would be a boost.

Ouch, the injuries don't do us any good. Also with BAE leaving for the AFCoN, who will cover his position at leftback? Bale? Or maybe someone like Kaboul will have to play out of position. How much is the estimated time for Parker to return? The guy's been awesome so far. And what about Lennon? Having him back would be a boost.

Danny Rose, perhaps? He wasn't too shabby there at the tail end of last season.

Physioroom says Parker is back in two days, on the 7th. Lennon, on the other hand, has no set return date.

Current injuries:

Scott Parker - Knee Injury
Ledley King - Hamstring Injury
Aaron Lennon - Hamstring Injury
Sandro Ranieri - Groin Tear
Tom Huddlestone - Ankle and Foot Injury
William Gallas - Groin Tear and possible Hamstring Injury

This is why you ain't 1st! :)

Danny Rose, perhaps? He wasn't too shabby there at the tail end of last season.

Physioroom says Parker is back in two days, on the 7th. Lennon, on the other hand, has no set return date.

Ah yes Rose, completely forgot about him. Has played at left-back for us this season as well in the Europa League. Good to see that Parker is returning, atleast we have the heart of our midfield in Modric, VDV and Parker still intact with tough fixtures like Manchester City round the corner!

I must say I have been very impressed with Spurs this season. After losing your opening two games ( no shame in that though as they where against City and utd) Spurs have looked like a side very much trying to compete for 1st place. Scott Parker I am in love with I mean what a player. Will miss seeing him play live at my local club West ham though :(.

Well Cameroon didn't qualify for the AFCoN, so he won't be going anywhere.

Wow, that is good news for us then. Assou Ekotto is extremely underrated IMO, very very consistent player.

I agree.

He has numerous good games, but is depicted as poor by pundits such as Souness and Hanson when he makes mistakes.

For those of us who watch him consistently, he is one of our top performers and I'm pleased other teams haven't come knocking.

Many slated BAE calling him a 'mercenary', but in all honesty, he may be one, but he does earn his corn. Has to be one of the 3-4 best LBs in the league ATM.

He's honest. If someone comes out and offers him more money in a better environment, he'll move.

We know that, and we won't be surprised if/when it happens. I'd prefer that than someone who kisses the badge and then leaves a year later.

Got to agree, Assou Ekotto has been ever-present for us this season in the league IIRC, and has done really well bombing down the left flank and hasn't been too shabby defensively as well.

Team vs Cheltenham

Cudicini; Livermore, Bassong, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Giovani; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Gomes, Kaboul, Bostock, Carroll, Falque, Parrett, van der Vaart.

Dissapointed tbh, was hoping to see Carroll start, and playing Pienaar and Kranjcar in CM is suicidal, however, good to see Lennon and Daws back.

Agreed. I was hoping for the following:

Cudicini
Corluka Dawson(C) Bassong Rose
Kranjcar Livermore Carroll Pienaar
Defoe Pav​