The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
I've had a similar opinion before the Champions League final. Harry slipped a 10 points lead ahead of fourth place and we were nearly of missing top four as well, just because he had his mind at the England job. Now he's taken off from that and I hope Spurs will replace him with someone capable of driving the club forward.

How fickle....Harry's done a great job to break into the top 4. The league was once dominated by 4 teams, yet now there are 6 or 7 teams capable of breaking into that top tier. Tottenham shouldn't be expecting CL football every year, although they are very capable of competing for it. Spurs need to stick with him, a lesson they probably learned when sacking Martin Jol - another victim of his own success.

Adebayor won't play at City. He's such a lazy player and although he did a good job for Spurs, I don't want him back if it's going to be a perm deal. I'd rather take Cavani, Huntelaar or someone who can score on basis.

No chance with Cavani, Huntelaar is more viable but would cost a lot.

Adebayor won't play at City. He's such a lazy player and although he did a good job for Spurs, I don't want him back if it's going to be a perm deal. I'd rather take Cavani, Huntelaar or someone who can score on basis.

Mug. Adebayor's scored 17 and got 11 assists. Find me a better realistic alternative. Cavani is so far out of our league its not funny and Huntelaar is now playing CL football at Schalke.

And Adebayor really isn't lazy.

Heartbreak for Tottenham but they deserve it for self-destruction in the business end of the season. Adebyaor will go back to Man City and its hard to see a permanent deal being made for him considering his wages. Spurs have a huge task ahead not only to find a striker but also keep hold of their best players

Heartbreak for Tottenham but they deserve it for self-destruction in the business end of the season. Adebyaor will go back to Man City and its hard to see a permanent deal being made for him considering his wages. Spurs have a huge task ahead not only to find a striker but also keep hold of their best players
Which is highly not to happen since we've got moaning Modric and Bale.

How fickle....Harry's done a great job to break into the top 4. The league was once dominated by 4 teams, yet now there are 6 or 7 teams capable of breaking into that top tier. Tottenham shouldn't be expecting CL football every year, although they are very capable of competing for it. Spurs need to stick with him, a lesson they probably learned when sacking Martin Jol - another victim of his own success.
Since we have finished fourth and played CL football, we haven't spend much money on investing into squad. Redknapp brought some players like Saha, Nelsen who did nothing but increase the wages. He misjudged a competition like EL thinking it would be a distracton to our title challenge. Then he claimed to be the next England manager, but he didn't so then he started focusing again on Spurs. Can't find it professional if a manager gets distracted like that. Not to mention that he's having some **** picking issues over some players and he lets some of them flop (GDS, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Defoe).

Tottenham fans have labelled Louis Saha and Steven Pienaar 'a disgrace' after the pair congratulated Chelsea on their dramatic Champions League penalty shoot-out victory over Bayern Munich. Spurs striker Saha and midfielder Pienaar tweeting their support for the Stamford Bridge outfit.:

‘Well done Chelsea,' wrote Pienaar, who spent the last half of the season on loan at Everton.

Saha said: ‘Bravo Drogba. Bravo Chelsea. Bravo Champion League. Bravo Football. Just magic stuff. No CL for Tottenham but FairPlay to Chelsea. Great victory great final for them.'

The Frenchman added: ‘If we had lost with Spurs the final of CL against Chelsea and Drogba had played like yesterday I would have congrats them the same way. U can hate me if u want. U can hate everyone if u want. U wont make me hate football and the view of winners. #fairplay even if gutted.'

Spurs fans erupted with fury and bombarded the pair with a variety of venomous tweets for their perceived disloyalty.

‘You two don't belong at Spurs with your "well done Chelsea" tweets. You're a disgrace to our club,' said one angry fan.
‘We pay your wages and you say well done Chelski!?!' raged another.
While one more subdued supporter tweeted: ‘Your (sic) entitled to your views but why express them in a public forum in front of millions of Spurs fans? Keep to yourself.'

(source: METRO)

Ouch. Even though it seems Pienaar did the equivalent of what opposing players do at a match-which is shake a hand.

CJ Murray 2@CJMurray24
I'm so glad i'm not a Chelsea fan. Win all the trophies you like, you're still a classless, racist disgrace of a team.

CJ Murray @CJMurray24
Any Spurs player congratulating Chelsea can **** right off. I don't want players that don't care about my club. Where are your priorities?

CJ Murray 3@CJMurray24
Our entire season is decided by a penalty shootout that we aren't even involved in. What a joke of a rule.

Waheeeeeey.

Fair play to the players, but I agree they should have known that it would've ****** off a lot of Spurs fans.

Unlucky Spurs, in a perfect world all 5 teams would qualify, but I guess nothing can be done.

Enjoy your Thursday nights.

I've got nothing against Saha/Pienaar congratulating Chelsea, it's not their fault that they've won CL, it's our fault because we couldn't keep that third place in our hands. More likely it's Redknapp's fault.

I can understand that they may want to congratulate friends they have on the other teams, but why post it on twitter? They know that 90% of their followers will be football fans and most of them Spurs fans so have some ******* brains. Text them or ring them them if you really want to congratulate them. Don't post it where you know people are going to get upset.

I can understand that they may want to congratulate friends they have on the other teams, but why post it on twitter? They know that 90% of their followers will be football fans and most of them Spurs fans so have some ******* brains. Text them or ring them them if you really want to congratulate them. Don't post it where you know people are going to get upset.

Or your fans could just get a grip. To be honest it should never have come to this Spurs only have themselves to blame.

Last edited:
They shouldn't have posted their congratulations publicly. It serves no purpose other than to aggravate supporters, because let's face it, neither player is likely to have Chelsea fans/players following them anyway.

They should have offered congratulations privately, and it begs the question on why they were so quick to jump in with the comments anyway. I'd like to think that most of our players were a wreck after we missed out on CL football, not bumming up another team on a public domain.

Still, I think this signals the end of Modric's stay at the club. He made it clear last season that he wanted progression, and although we don't know what happened behind the scenes, we have all speculated that there was a gentleman's agreement that he could leave should we miss out on CL. Whether us finishing 4th is a loophole or not, who can tell.

Honestly, I am devastated that we are missing out again. I think this will be a huge transitional period for us and how we deal with it may determine the rest of the decade. I too believe Harry has taken us as far as he can, and before we embark on a rebuilding phase in our history, I would like to secure a younger, hungrier manager and tie them down to minimum 5 year contract (no negotiations) and try and get the best deal possible for Modric and potentially Gareth Bale.

One thing is for sure; we aren't going to be short on money. So much relies on the way we spend it though, which is the other reason I think Harry should go.

They shouldn't have posted their congratulations publicly. It serves no purpose other than to aggravate supporters, because let's face it, neither player is likely to have Chelsea fans/players following them anyway.

They should have offered congratulations privately, and it begs the question on why they were so quick to jump in with the comments anyway. I'd like to think that most of our players were a wreck after we missed out on CL football, not bumming up another team on a public domain.

Still, I think this signals the end of Modric's stay at the club. He made it clear last season that he wanted progression, and although we don't know what happened behind the scenes, we have all speculated that there was a gentleman's agreement that he could leave should we miss out on CL. Whether us finishing 4th is a loophole or not, who can tell.

Honestly, I am devastated that we are missing out again. I think this will be a huge transitional period for us and how we deal with it may determine the rest of the decade. I too believe Harry has taken us as far as he can, and before we embark on a rebuilding phase in our history, I would like to secure a younger, hungrier manager and tie them down to minimum 5 year contract (no negotiations) and try and get the best deal possible for Modric and potentially Gareth Bale.

One thing is for sure; we aren't going to be short on money. So much relies on the way we spend it though, which is the other reason I think Harry should go.

Who would be your choices for his replacement?

[h=1]Spurs eye Asamoah[/h]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7769425/Spurs-eye-Asamoah

Seen him quite a bit this season, outstanding player, would like to see him go United though :P

Who would be your choices for his replacement?

Not really sure. Nobody we can attract will be at Modric's level, so any replacement will be a step down.

I'd prefer us to gamble on a young talent tipped for the future, as Modric was when we bought him in 2008. That said, with Harry in charge we will probably be looking at Kevin Nolan and the like

Not really sure. Nobody we can attract will be at Modric's level, so any replacement will be a step down.

I'd prefer us to gamble on a young talent tipped for the future, as Modric was when we bought him in 2008. That said, with Harry in charge we will probably be looking at Kevin Nolan et al.

Marvin Martin.

United offered 12m for him which Udinese rejected last week. Juve and Milan are also trying to sign him.

Ideal for United, just the kind of player we need, along with Kagawa would be very good signings, I like Asamoah a lot what I have seen of him as well, seems a very effective player.

Surely if United, Juve, Milan are in for him, Spurs have no chance?

Back