The Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 958
  • Views Views 92K
Not really sure. Nobody we can attract will be at Modric's level, so any replacement will be a step down.

I'd prefer us to gamble on a young talent tipped for the future, as Modric was when we bought him in 2008. That said, with Harry in charge we will probably be looking at Kevin Nolan and the like

And who do you want for management?

Probably Brendan Rodgers. Still in his 30's (just), and looks to play expensive attacking football whilst maintaining a good defensive record at home.

He's also familiar with the talents of young Steven Caulker, who spent the season on loan at Swansea this year, and he's someone I know has the talent to break into our team.

I'd pick Louis van Gaal, he has experience at top teams and maybe he can attract a few big names. But there are only opinions because I don't think Redknapp will leave. I think Levy won't risk having another Martin Jol case with Redknapp so he'll mostly stay. But he should go.

Ideal for United, just the kind of player we need, along with Kagawa would be very good signings, I like Asamoah a lot what I have seen of him as well, seems a very effective player.

Surely if United, Juve, Milan are in for him, Spurs have no chance?

I think he's going to Juve, but I dont rule out him staying cos Udinese are in CL.

It's a 0% chance he'll come.

He's moving to China because they're offering him the best contract. A contract Chelsea aren't willing to compete with, and his existing contract is over double what we'd pay.

Would be a good pair of CBs, Vertonghen and Kaboul, with Caulker breaking in the first team.

Copied off another site, originally compiled by Akaqyid, someone who claims to be ITK, and has a decent reputation on that site (I wouldn't know whether this good reputation is deserved because I don't post regularly at all)

Vertonghen - Done as of 1am this morning. Lump upfront, lump for appearances and success. God knows what else. It's done. Medical to be done after the Belgium friendly this weekend.

Modric - isn't actually doing anything till after euros. But sounds like wants off. Think it will involve 40m plus players.

Bale - Staying.

Nelsen - off to states

Thudd - maybe loaned out

VdV - Wants to become a 'legend' and loves us like we love him. Ain't going anywhere..... Ever.

Two French Players - Ones out of euros and ones in. Remi is deffo on. No idea on the other!

A German - For penalties anyone? Definitely one Bayern player.

A Brazilian (almost certainly Leandro) - will break the bank for him. But all links with Internacional will go after this.

Bentley, jenas, Defoe, - possible QPR deal to be had (JD doesn't actually want to go).

Livermore - bright bright future. Trains 'his ****ing nuts off'

Joe Cole.....he's been spoken too by HR

AVB - heavily recommended by Jose to Levy

Levy - errrr anyone seen Moneyball? Because he's currently doing it..... 76% of the time, 100% all the time. But wants nothing more than success.

Targets haven't changed since last week. And most.... Last year. There is no 'B' list. It's an 'A' List..... And HR hasn't a say.

Beko are to be our new shirt sponsors.

Take these with a pinch of salt. I usually trust 'ITK's as far as I can throw them.

Akqayid's rep isn't great iirc. The main ITK you should listen to is JJetset, has a great record.

Redknapp is rumoured with a leave for a team in Saudi Arabia or something like that.

Sigh.

20988394.jpg

Ian Wright said it on Absolute Radio also. Seem to be surfacing everywhere.

Wouldn't surprise me. If he is insisting on a 2 year extension then Daniel Levy isn't someone who is likely to buckle.

Back